Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
losfp

Default LS Focus - a couple of questions for other new owners....

Just a couple of things I've noticed about the Focus - just wanted to find out if it's "normal"

1) Is the trip computer screen backlight supposed to stay on 24/7? It didn't turn off with the cabin lights after I locked it via remote, and when I went out to get something from the car about 15min later, it was still on.

2) What are the velcro straps in the boot for? (attached to the side). Grocery bag straps? restraints for prisoners?

3) Not strictly a "is this normal?", but how would I go about running an audio cable from the centre console to the glovebox audio line in jack? Is the dash easy enough to rip out, etc? At the moment, we have a cable running out of the glovebox door, not very elegant! ;)

losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
owens

Hi losfp. I will check out the trip computer screen, but I'm 99% sure mine turns off when I lock the car.

I'm unsure about your other questions, sorry
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
owens

I just tested it out and the display went out after about 15 minutes. The radio too will play for 1 hour after turning off the car and then cut out.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
Just a couple of things I've noticed about the Focus - just wanted to find out if it's "normal"

1) Is the trip computer screen backlight supposed to stay on 24/7? It didn't turn off with the cabin lights after I locked it via remote, and when I went out to get something from the car about 15min later, it was still on.
Dont know about this one but it sounds like it just turns off after a while.

Quote:
2) What are the velcro straps in the boot for? (attached to the side). Grocery bag straps? restraints for prisoners?
Possibly for cargo restraint net, or to hold the boot carpet down. Mine (LR) has it to do that - you just rip the carpet off the velcro strips to get at the spare wheel underneath etc.

Quote:
3) Not strictly a "is this normal?", but how would I go about running an audio cable from the centre console to the glovebox audio line in jack? Is the dash easy enough to rip out, etc? At the moment, we have a cable running out of the glovebox door, not very elegant! ;)
On LR it is possible to run a cable from behind the headunit into the glovebox, so id say its possible to do it on LS.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
losfp

Actually, I don't really need to run a cable to the glovebox. If I could replace the one leading to the glovebox from the HU in the first place, and have it end in a jack, say, in one of the "unused" panels next to the demister button, that'd be ok too. Basically I have an iPod car kit (the Belkin one) that provides power to the iPod. The bit that plugs into the power socket also has a line-out, and it is this that I want to get into the stereo somehow.

Which brings me to my next question:

4) Is the power supplied to the power socket supposed to turn off when the engine is switched off? This iPod kit has a nifty feature where it pauses the iPod when it detects a loss of power from the power socket, but it seems to stay on when you remove the key?

I probably just need to play with this new car a bit more tonight
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That depends on the car, the Mk I cuts power to the ciggie lighters when you remove the key, but the new one might be different.

I believe the velcro straps in the boot are just perfect for either a fire extinguisher, safety kit (triangles etc) or even a first aid kit. It's up to you, but I have an extinguisher in my boot and I'd definitely put it there if I had the strips.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Fiesta does the same thing.... power stays in the ciggie lighter..... must be the norm now

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post