Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Damn,look what the cat dragged home(dont look if your a tad squeamish)

Our cat had been missing a couple of days,the Mrs was starting to get a tad concerned as hes a bit of a scrapper and when he goes away he usually comes back a little worse for wear,anyways tonight in he strolls dragging this behind him Not to sure what to do,snip it off ya reckon? Hes currently perched in front of the fire as though nothings amiss,doesnt seem in any pain.

Old 17-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Damn,look what the cat dragged home(dont look if your a tad squeamish)

Mate id be taking him to the vet not back home.

Before anyone wants to make any cat jokes, warnings are ready
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Damn,look what the cat dragged home(dont look if your a tad squeamish)

No idea what the hell could have happened,made me think of this pic taken when our Collie was a pup,maybe he worked up the courage and took a bite
Old 17-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Mate id be taking him to the vet not back home.

Before anyone wants to make any cat jokes, warnings are ready
Methinks your right,he seems happy enough and had a huge feed after being away 2 nights,the Mrs picked him up and he started purring away so as hes asleep by the fire there doesnt seem much point in paying the huge $ to get the vet out on a Sunday night,we will take him down in the morning and get him seen to.
Old 17-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Yeah take him to the vet, at the very least they will be able to treat him for any infection...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Yeah, don't cut it off yourself, take him to the vet.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
Yeah take him to the vet, at the very least they will be able to treat him for infection...
Thats why i was suggesting vet because of a potential infection. He might have a shorter tail in the morning though.
Off topic- my cat doesnt even have a tail, its just her breed.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

I hate to ask, is his tail normally that short, or is there a fair chunk missing from the middle? That middle bit doesn't look like bone from where I'm sitting, but it may be the way I'm looking at the image but compared to the second shot, looks incredibly short...Vet in the morning for sure...that poor cat... :(

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yeah, don't cut it off yourself, take him to the vet.
Cheers all,wasnt that happy about attempting it myself.As someone else said i guess theres a real chance of infection etc.Poor bugger,the dog and cat are good mates and the poor old dog cant understand why hes not allowed to go over and play with hes mate,methinks the dangly bit would be to hard for him to resist so am keeping them apart for the night,normally they share the same couch.
Old 17-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
I hate to ask, is his tail normally that short, or is there a fair chunk missing from the middle? That middle bit doesn't look like bone from where I'm sitting, but it may be the way I'm looking at the image but compared to the second shot, looks incredibly short...Vet in the morning for sure...that poor cat... :(
The middle bit is sooo thin,like gristle or something,photo doesnt show it but hes still got a fair length of tail,i would say he will lose a 1/3rd of what he had roughly.
Old 17-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

def the vet

we had one of our cats come home without part of his tail missing cos us $600 to get him fixed and it was worth every cent

I will get a pic of him when I can and post it here could even be a thread here some where I will look for that as well

he has become even more of a lap cat as well hates for us to leave him for more than a few hours

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vets may seem expensive but in actual fact are relatively cheap considering the number of animals they have to know about, and the work they perform on them.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
Vets may seem expensive but in actual fact are relatively cheap considering the number of animals they have to know about, and the work they perform on them.
would be good if i could find a 'dog only' vet and get discount rates for the dog... i don't care what they know about alpaca's or other random animals

as for the OP - hope the cat is sorted easily and recovers well
Old 18-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

How did you go with your cat?

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't get it? Has his tail parted or something?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I would has it a guess the cats tail has been caught in a fence or similar while jumping down..
Yes the tail is broken and only dry skin holding it..
It could be cut off and some iodine type disinfectant to keep infection at bay...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #17
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

farm boy coming out ...just cut it off ...she'll be right as its lasted this long with it like it is
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #18
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

All done yesterday,Vet snipped it off and hes on some pills.Cats as happy as Larry.Looks a little odd but what the hell.