Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry QLD Health Payroll..Fight back Campaign

I know AFF is supposed to be non-political, but this transcends normal politics.
Brief history for our southern nurses, 15 months ago QHealth introduced a very flawed payroll system.Now they are demanding over payments be paid back. Go to the QNU site for full details of this disaster.
But if our southern nurses would like like to join our fightback campaign..go to Facebook and QLD Health Payroll Fight Back Campaign and show your support.
Thank you.
Mods if you close my post..fair enough..rules are rules.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD Health Payroll..Fight back Campaign

Its not just the SOuth East that is affected (sorry this really annoys me as no one gives a toss about the rest of the state).
This payroll problem is affects the WHOLE of QLD Health.

I have a friend who is a nurse in Townsville and who hasnt received NOT ONE PAY SLIP since she started there 6months ago. This is despite constant phone calls and emails to payroll to find out where her payslips are.

Funny how she gets a letter saying she must payback $3000... yet they cant send her one payslip to her correct home address.
She told me one nurse she works with has been sent a letter saying she must pay back over $10 000.

Is disgusting the way our Hospital staff are treated, yet no one seems to care. The abuse and violence they put up with by ignorant/ rude and drugged up patients is pathetic, yet they dont get paid correctly and are expected to give their heart and soul into a thankless job?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, what I meant was NSW, Victorian etc nurses to join the Facebook campaign. I know its the whole State and not just nurses but all QHealth employees...Its a monumental disaster and no Minister will take Ministerial responsiblity and resign..any of us did this kind of stuff up, and we would be sacked no questions asked...A Royal Commission or a Class Action is needed..its that bad...
Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just look at how the previous Ministers involved in the debarcle responded to questions about the new computer program they bought...

"All the boxes were ticked"....

Defence has the exact same problem with its new program which started last year. Over $600million for a computer program and it still doesnt work properly.

Tax Dept also received a new program a few yrs ago and it also didnt work as advertised and cost several hundred million to buy... and several more to fix.

Yet NO ONE ever gets sacked or goes to court.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Heads should roll for the implementation for sure, however it never seems to happen.

I don't see what the fuss is with demanding over payments back. That money has come from the taxpayer and I would be wanting it back too. They are writing off small amounts but if you have suddenly earned an extra 10k p/a you know something is wrong and expect to get asked for it back.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
monte.b

one nurse was underpaid ,30k ,then they sent 14 of it to the tax dept to pay a hex debt that she didnt owe ,the whole computer system is a disaster and should be scrapped ,no doubt it was set up by some of gove mates
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

OK I shall bite into this discussion..

The problem stems from the lack of testing that was for the new payroll system in QLD. The SAP system that was put in place was effectively implemented and signed off by QLD Health with less than .05% actually tested. It is not the implementation partners or SAP's fault at all. It was in fact delivered exactly to specifications provided by QLD Health.

For everyone complaining and setting up facebook groups...You are PATHETIC...You have taken money you have not EARNT, you have spent or pocketed something that was made in ERROR and never meant for you. YOU knew exactly how much you should/would receive and yet when there is XXX thousands of dollars too much you either banked it or spent it on stuff, you did not earn it, you KNEW you were NOT entitiled to it...... YOU are a THIEF!!!!..

You complain about not seeing a payslip... at least the money is in your accounts. You know as a (insert level of paygrade here) that if you worked a standard fortnight at lets say 20 bucks an hour then 80 times that would be 1600 bucks give or take a small allowance and or tax when between 3 and say 5 grand is deposited, seriously YOU KNOW that you have been overpaid yet you now jump up and down demanding to keep money that is not lawfully yours.... and run to the union to complain.... You are weak you are pathetic and I honestly think that you should lose your jobs. I guarantee you that if you were short 50 bucks, you would be on the phone quicker than anyone DEMANDING that it be paid into your account within 3 nano seconds......

Why are they having to spend millions on consultants to fix the issue, Why did they have to spend millions on Security for the payroll teams.... because you are rabid dogs, that have less than a clue when it comes to understanding the complexity of running a large scale payroll system.

They are spending more and more because of these reasons YOU cannot be trusted to do the right bloody thing if something goes wrong..... They know that given the chance you will STEAL 50 cents and or 50 thousand dollars....

All I will say is its so sad that given the increases in the cost of living, and given that the extra funding that could be available, you leeches continue to suck extra money out of the health care system by claiming monies that do not belong to you.... You keep blaming the government for the mess up....sure its not perfect and sure it has cost a heap of dollars to fix.....but maybe a bigger piece of pie is being lost in theft or monies that some are not entitled to... its so sad that you choose to bite the exact hand that feeds you.

I think a more appropriate Facebook page would be...

"Why dont the Qld Health System SACK the dishonest B@stards that have stolen money from them"

If you are walking down the street and find 50000 dollars and pocket it, and are caught at a later date...You realise there is a charge of Theft by finding..... Thats exactly what all of these scumbags should be charged with...

Disclaimer : I am not talking about those that have a small over payment...But when you are talking between 5 and 20 grand.....innocence was lost long ago...

YES I work in Payroll, Yes I work with SAP and NO I have had nothing to do with the Implementation for Queensland Health. But I have read the Auditor Generals report into the mess.

Cheers

Craig
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #8
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stronger than I would have worded it, but agreed. People would have noticed the extra cash and said nothing, theft, pure and simple.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Whilst I can sympathise with those who were underpaid, I agree with the above sentiments to an extent, the money was not theirs to spend, and the requests to pay it back are legitimate. Any other business would do the same thing. Was the system flawed, definitely if they only tested a small portion of it, does that automatically mean that those who have been overpaid should get to keep the money? Not a chance.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 04-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
OK I shall bite into this discussion..

The problem stems from the lack of testing that was for the new payroll system in QLD. The SAP system that was put in place was effectively implemented and signed off by QLD Health with less than .05% actually tested. It is not the implementation partners or SAP's fault at all. It was in fact delivered exactly to specifications provided by QLD Health.

For everyone complaining and setting up facebook groups...You are PATHETIC...You have taken money you have not EARNT, you have spent or pocketed something that was made in ERROR and never meant for you. YOU knew exactly how much you should/would receive and yet when there is XXX thousands of dollars too much you either banked it or spent it on stuff, you did not earn it, you KNEW you were NOT entitiled to it...... YOU are a THIEF!!!!..

You complain about not seeing a payslip... at least the money is in your accounts. You know as a (insert level of paygrade here) that if you worked a standard fortnight at lets say 20 bucks an hour then 80 times that would be 1600 bucks give or take a small allowance and or tax when between 3 and say 5 grand is deposited, seriously YOU KNOW that you have been overpaid yet you now jump up and down demanding to keep money that is not lawfully yours.... and run to the union to complain.... You are weak you are pathetic and I honestly think that you should lose your jobs. I guarantee you that if you were short 50 bucks, you would be on the phone quicker than anyone DEMANDING that it be paid into your account within 3 nano seconds......

Why are they having to spend millions on consultants to fix the issue, Why did they have to spend millions on Security for the payroll teams.... because you are rabid dogs, that have less than a clue when it comes to understanding the complexity of running a large scale payroll system.

They are spending more and more because of these reasons YOU cannot be trusted to do the right bloody thing if something goes wrong..... They know that given the chance you will STEAL 50 cents and or 50 thousand dollars....

All I will say is its so sad that given the increases in the cost of living, and given that the extra funding that could be available, you leeches continue to suck extra money out of the health care system by claiming monies that do not belong to you.... You keep blaming the government for the mess up....sure its not perfect and sure it has cost a heap of dollars to fix.....but maybe a bigger piece of pie is being lost in theft or monies that some are not entitled to... its so sad that you choose to bite the exact hand that feeds you.

I think a more appropriate Facebook page would be...

"Why dont the Qld Health System SACK the dishonest B@stards that have stolen money from them"

If you are walking down the street and find 50000 dollars and pocket it, and are caught at a later date...You realise there is a charge of Theft by finding..... Thats exactly what all of these scumbags should be charged with...

Disclaimer : I am not talking about those that have a small over payment...But when you are talking between 5 and 20 grand.....innocence was lost long ago...

YES I work in Payroll, Yes I work with SAP and NO I have had nothing to do with the Implementation for Queensland Health. But I have read the Auditor Generals report into the mess.

Cheers

And of course you know with total certainty that everyone overpaid has not made an attempt to pay the overpayment back - don't you?

And of course you're fully aware of all the awards, shift loadings and other bizarre complexities of Qld Health that make running this payroll system as simple as falling out of bed - don't you?

And of course you know with total certainty that given the turmoil that did (and still currently exists) with the Qld Health pay system - the caught thieves have had their illicit gains accepted and properly recorded in the fully functioning and omnipotent Qld Health payroll system - don't you?

And of course, if it turns out that 98% of the Qld Health staff (what were some of your words "scumbags, thieves and so on") were overpaid , I'm sure the authorities will take your advice and "sack them all", I sure hope the patients quickly learn to self medicate - don't you?

Here are a couple of suggestions, why don't you tone down you expert opinion, go back to reading the auditors report and let the Qld Health payroll people (if they can) sort their way through this fine mess. Or, feel free to telephone Qld Health and offer you expert services/assistance in cleaning the mess.

Have you ever considered a change of career as a radio shock jock or left wing politics?

And yes I have worked for Qld Health and the system is "hopeless" and despite this, there are thousands of people "scumbags and thieves as you say" who work tirelessly and save lives, perhaps they'll save your life one day (maybe not).
Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Whilst I can sympathise with those who were underpaid, I agree with the above sentiments to an extent, the money was not theirs to spend, and the requests to pay it back are legitimate. Any other business would do the same thing. Was the system flawed, definitely if they only tested a small portion of it, does that automatically mean that those who have been overpaid should get to keep the money? Not a chance.
This is true and the money should be repaid, however QLD should organise a method of repayment over a period of time so there is no hardship of the employees.

I can imagine that for shift workers it could be easy to loose track of how much you should be paid, week to week. Especially if you have your pay go into multiple bank accounts.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap
And of course you know with total certainty that everyone overpaid has not made an attempt to pay the overpayment back - don't you?
Reading some of the posts on the FB page its clear that they KNEW they were overpaid and hung onto the money until such time they I quote "were dreading" getting the letter. That screams out to me HEY I KNEW ALL ALONG I GOT OVERPAID BUT JUST WAITED TO SEE IF I WILL GET CAUGHT...

Quote:
And of course you're fully aware of all the awards, shift loadings and other bizarre complexities of Qld Health that make running this payroll system as simple as falling out of bed - don't you?
As a matter of fact YES - I built and run the Mayne/Affinity Health payroll system - 55000 employees 52 private hospitals. Plus Dorovitch Imaging - Have worked with and on much larger scale payroll implementations both here and around the world...

Quote:
And of course you know with total certainty that given the turmoil that did (and still currently exists) with the Qld Health pay system - the caught thieves have had their illicit gains accepted and properly recorded in the fully functioning and omnipotent Qld Health payroll system - don't you?
OH big words - Do you have any Idea on how SAP works/functions... Lets put it this way if it was EVER entered into the system, regardless or how many times its deleted there is ALWAYS an audit trail, its inbuilt into the system every single entry/change is recorded and date stamped against a user ID. I cant obviously comment on IF QLD Health or the people using the system are aware of it. BUT I can confirm I know how where and what buttons to push.

Quote:
And of course, if it turns out that 98% of the Qld Health staff (what were some of your words "scumbags, thieves and so on") were overpaid , I'm sure the authorities will take your advice and "sack them all", I sure hope the patients quickly learn to self medicate - don't you?
Oh so its I stole money but you cant SACK me because people will die and not be able to be given drugs.... it appears you are self medicating now.

Quote:
Here are a couple of suggestions, why don't you tone down you expert opinion, go back to reading the auditors report and let the Qld Health payroll people (if they can) sort their way through this fine mess. Or, feel free to telephone Qld Health and offer you expert services/assistance in cleaning the mess.
It is an expert opinion.
I have read it twice already.
I have called and offered however being a Melbourne boy they have baulked at my $1900 a day fee.

Quote:
Have you ever considered a change of career as a radio shock jock or left wing politics?
I may have the perfect head for Radio, however most politicians are spineless idiots. I have morals and ideas on whats right and wrong not just because a party says so...a bit like if you profit from anothers mistake and CHOOSE to bite the hand that feeds you. You are PATHETIC.

Quote:
And yes I have worked for Qld Health and the system is "hopeless" and despite this, there are thousands of people "scumbags and thieves as you say" who work tirelessly and save lives, perhaps they'll save your life one day (maybe not).
Ahhhh Yes the we are nurses we save lives, we are above judgement because we are the pillars of society... bwahahahahahahahahaahaha......

Craig
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
This is true and the money should be repaid, however QLD should organise a method of repayment over a period of time so there is no hardship of the employees.

I can imagine that for shift workers it could be easy to loose track of how much you should be paid, week to week. Especially if you have your pay go into multiple bank accounts.
Which is what they have done, however I know of one employee who was over paid by 5k in one fortnight and only have to repay it at $10 per fortnight. This is so dam wrong. The person in question knew that they had been over paid yet still took the money they knew wasn't theirs yet still did it. So yes the ones like this are thieves and should be charged accordingly. The ones that were overpaid small amounts that are paid different amounts every fortnight so therefore may not realise that it had happened well that is different and needs to be treated differently.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #14
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84xespac
Which is what they have done, however I know of one employee who was over paid by 5k in one fortnight and only have to repay it at $10 per fortnight. This is so dam wrong. The person in question knew that they had been over paid yet still took the money they knew wasn't theirs yet still did it. So yes the ones like this are thieves and should be charged accordingly. The ones that were overpaid small amounts that are paid different amounts every fortnight so therefore may not realise that it had happened well that is different and needs to be treated differently.

Agreed

Craig
Old 04-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
Dodd

Agree with most of what MYVYSS is saying...

I think the OP mentioned a "Flawed Payroll System" i currently work with this "Flawed payroll system" in health in VIC, and we pay 18,000 staff accurately every fortnight. The system is arguably the most capable payroll system available, and has brilliant audit reporting and payroll reporting. The system is not whats to blame here, its the implementation.

I know this doesn't really mean anything for the people who have had their pays stuffed up, but it also doesnt mean people can steal money that is rightfully not theirs.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about the many staff who were not paid, yet they kept working. They had bills that had to be paid at a certain time ,like house payments.
How do you rate them in the 'scumbag,thief list'.
What about the payroll staff who probably had to put up with some verbal abuse.
Its all well and good to go off at 'users' but spare a thought for those that were honest and kept working and did tell payroll about their overpayment or no pay at all.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 04-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
Dodd

^^^ I think there was probably more people who didn't get paid, for upwards of 6-12 weeks in some cases, than there was of people who got overpayments.

If i recall, i heard somewhere that QLD health was handing out $500 and $1000 dollar cash vouchers for staff to help pay mortgage repayments, minimal questions asked.

No doubt a monumental stuff up, with many consequences for the employees, the employers, and the contractors. But all facts are needed before people (in general, not necessarily AFF specific) all fired about a bogus system etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
What about the many staff who were not paid, yet they kept working. They had bills that had to be paid at a certain time ,like house payments.
Its all well and good to go off at 'users' but spare a thought for those that were honest and kept working and did tell payroll about their overpayment or no pay at all.
I'm pretty sure those weren't the ones that was directed at Mo, although there were reports that some staff had indicated they were overpaid, but apparently were told 'no, it's fine'. If that is in fact true, then someone should definitely be held accountable. My biggest problem with this debacle is the cost to investigate because there are some that have been dishonest. Once again, probably a very small minority group, making things difficult for those who did in fact try to do the right thing.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Reading some of the posts on the FB page its clear that they KNEW they were overpaid and hung onto the money until such time they I quote "were dreading" getting the letter. That screams out to me HEY I KNEW ALL ALONG I GOT OVERPAID BUT JUST WAITED TO SEE IF I WILL GET CAUGHT...

As a matter of fact YES - I built and run the Mayne/Affinity Health payroll system - 55000 employees 52 private hospitals. Plus Dorovitch Imaging - Have worked with and on much larger scale payroll implementations both here and around the world...

OH big words - Do you have any Idea on how SAP works/functions... Lets put it this way if it was EVER entered into the system, regardless or how many times its deleted there is ALWAYS an audit trail, its inbuilt into the system every single entry/change is recorded and date stamped against a user ID. I cant obviously comment on IF QLD Health or the people using the system are aware of it. BUT I can confirm I know how where and what buttons to push.

Oh so its I stole money but you cant SACK me because people will die and not be able to be given drugs.... it appears you are self medicating now.

It is an expert opinion.
I have read it twice already.
I have called and offered however being a Melbourne boy they have baulked at my $1900 a day fee.

I may have the perfect head for Radio, however most politicians are spineless idiots. I have morals and ideas on whats right and wrong not just because a party says so...a bit like if you profit from anothers mistake and CHOOSE to bite the hand that feeds you. You are PATHETIC.

Ahhhh Yes the we are nurses we save lives, we are above judgement because we are the pillars of society... bwahahahahahahahahaahaha......

Dear Craig,

You seem very intense, lots of capitals and name calling.

It seems most of your issue stems from claims appearing on Facebook, have you ever considered the truthfulness of these Facebook entries?

As for you generous offer to come up and sort out the Qld Health mess for $1900/day. Clearly after reading your expert response it is obvious that you low balled your price and no one from Qld Health could take you seriously - what other reason could there be?

For future reference, if I happen to see "Craig from Melbourne" appear before me on a Qld selection panel, lets just say I've made a mental note.

In the meantime suggest you re-read the auditors report and go back to Facebook, I'm confident that given sufficient time you'll bring yourself to the climax which you seem to desperately need.

In the meantime the people up here in Qld will continue to struggle (as difficult as it will be without your help) on sorting out the mess.

Have a nice and special day.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #20
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
They are not included in the list of people wanting the Government and QLD Health to not ask for stolen money to be returned. I feel for them and I would be putting whatever steps are in place to ensure the are paid their full entitlements. The payroll staff I feel for at 100% because they would be at the front line and copping abuse for something they are either not trained in or simply because its easier to yell at a voice on the phone. I have no issue what so ever with the honest people and that includes those overpaid by small amounts oftens...I do however have a massive issue with 5 grand plus over payments that want to be repaid back at 10 a week/fortnight as its theft...

Craig
Old 04-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #21
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Dear Craig,

It seems most of your issue stems from claims appearing on Facebook, have you ever considered the truthfulness of these Facebook entries?

As for you generous offer to come up and sort out the Qld Health mess for $1900/day. Clearly after reading your expert response it is obvious that you low balled your price and no one from Qld Health could take you seriously - what other reason could there be?

For future reference, if I happen to see "Craig from Melbourne" appear before me on a Qld selection panel, lets just say I've made a mental note.

In the meantime suggest you re-read the auditors report and go back to Facebook, I'm confident that given sufficient time you'll bring yourself to the climax which you seem to desperately need.

In the meantime the people up here in Qld will continue to struggle (as difficult as it will be without your help) on sorting out the mess.

Dear Cheap..

Firstly 1900 a day is around standard for a FIFO for an IT contractor...but alas you obviously dont understand... its a landed rate. Cheap by name cheap by nature?

If you as you mentioned are on the selection panel for either QLD Health and or Corptech..... God help the people of QLD as they will never get paid correctly. However if you were in fact on the selection criteria, You would have already worked out who I was, there is more than enough information in my post to easily identify who I am from a SAP prospective.... Back in your box...CHILD its quite amuzing watching the children play with the big boys...

Craig
Old 04-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dear Craig,

It certainly appears like Cwaig is filled with vitriol , perhaps as a result of refusal ? , either way a poor troll who should suffer censorship considering the degree of attack to this point imho
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #23
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Ok, what is this thread about now because it certainly is no longer on topic.

All of you need to step away from the keyboard, have a coffee/tea, take a deep breathe and come back with less name calling!!

I am willing to read about facts and try and understand the issue but I don't like wasting my time reading insults!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #24
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Why cant some people have a civilised conversation?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Closed Thread