Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
steven13

Default Price check, FG XR6T Auto

Hi guys, not sure if I'm aloud to do this. May be looking at selling my car. Its a
2014 FG XR6 Turbo auto with luxury pack. Also has tow bar and only done 28000ks. Low ks as second car. Located in Vic. I know there is Redbook, but it is not a good guide.
Thanks Steve
Please delete if not aloud to post this.
steven13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #2
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Price check, FG XR6T Auto

What is your question (if any) ?

Are you after what the private sale value would be roughly ?

Sight unseen, and assuming in excellent condition with those low K's, I'd say $25 to 28,000 sold privately.

Also a good guide to values would be to look at what similar cars are selling for in Carsales.com.au.

If you want to sell it... Place it in the "cars for sale" sub-forum under "The Sales Yard" section of these forums.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #3
steven13

That was the question. What does one think they are worth. Yeh excellent condition. White, thinking about selling. Just sitting in shed.
steven13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like any sale you are pitting yourself against potential buyers - you presumable want as much as you can get and they want to pay as little as possible. Only way to find out is to place it for sale (price it at higher end of your acceptable price range) and see what sort of interest it generates. If no interest at all you might have to lower the price or keep the car.
Being an XRT which has decent following you should not have too much of an issue getting a good price for it.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2017, 08:11 AM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I've got an immaculate 2010 FG XR6T with every extra and I'm struggling to sell, everyone these days wants something for nothing. The amount of people low balling me is rediculous.

I'd say 25k, people don't seem to care about condition anymore, it's really weird. I've always sold my cars within a week, I've had mine for sale for 6 weeks so far.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
Trump
bitch lasagne

To the OP, if you're offered $20k, take it.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #7
QIKESP

I need a new work car, I'll take it at 20K !!
QIKESP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Let's face it, Falcons are now orphans.

I recently sold a mint BFII Ford Fairmont Ghia in immaculate condition for $7,500.

I was lucky to get that.

People say that you should be able to get more $$$ for a private sale. Well that only applies to something special.

Blokes after turbos seem to go for manuals, not autos.

A good guide is a dealer's price. If a dealer is asking say $25,000 for a car similar to yours, remember that he has to pay about $2300 to the govmint in GST. He also has to pay staff, give a warranty and run the business at a profit.

If you think you can get the same $$$ for your car as the dealer is asking for theirs you may well be deluded.

It is a buyer's market.

Your car's value is precisely what someone will pay you for it. If you hang out for someone to come along and pay you what you think it is worth you risk a couple of things.

Your car will not increase in value over time.

The longer it is advertised unsold people start to think that there must be something wrong with it. Then when you finally get desperate and advertise it for a more realistic price, it has become a tainted car and you will be struggling even more for a sale.

And finally, if ya mate tells you he agrees with your price, then why doesn't he buy it?

There is a good guide written by PG telling you how to prepare your car for sale. If you can't find it lemme know and I'll try and dig it up.
Cav is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #9
adz137

FYI, I sold my 2011 XR6 turbo with luxury pack (35,000km) in 2014 for 26k, so you should get mid to high 20's for it.
adz137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
jackute23

I do not necessarily agree that the backside has fallen out of these cars after build stopped.
It's true early FG's are good buys at present, but in future I believe good examples, particularly utes and performance models will become very much sought after. There's nothing like it again and my experience with Commodores has proved the Falcon a far better car.
jackute23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #11
XY Chaser

Selling a car thats 3 yrs old is entirely different to selling one thats 7-8 yrs old. Unfortunately there getting older, not newer, there is nothing unusual or collectable about them. Everyone would like to get what they think their car is worth but the reality is you pretty much won't.
XY Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I reckon you could advertise around the 26 - 28 mark. FGX's are now in the high 20's (although they are ex chasers with many more kms then yours).

People will always buy low km good condition cars like yours especially with luxury pack over standard XR6T high km examples. You really have the diamond in the rough there.

I just seen a 2015 G6ET with low kays sell for 31k.. Was a bargain!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: