Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Burley
CRE.87V

Default au boot install

hey all just wanting to see if anyone on here has a boot install to fit an au sedan? one with false floor to remove wheel easy....or has anyone made one before for a series??? any pics or help would be appreciated

burley

Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

of what exactly? i assume you are talking about audio equipment, amps, capacitors etc?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Burley
CRE.87V

yeh...2 subs and amp
Old 10-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was thinking about it prior to having my stereo installed.. however the carpet on the box ( a sony box ) matched the carpet on floor perfectly.. the sub facing to the back of the car and the amp mounted on the back of the box hidden between the box and the back seat. The box is also screwed into the floor. Very Neat, I must give Srathfield props for it.

I was thinking about simply putting a wall in. To Separate the sub from the rest of the boot, because one of my main concerns about putting any thing sharp into the boot is hitting the sub. A Friend did it in a VS Commodore, and it simply jammed in and wedged itself with part of the frame below the parcel shelf. Of Course carpetted.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I remember seeing a section for "Shoe us your stereo system" in the Show 'n' Shine section ... and I do remember an AU with a false floor boot install .... but using one 12" sub under a steel grille ... looked neat as.

Can't remember who ... you will need to go through the thread and look at all of the different systems on different users vehicles.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is romaniacs. Although he has used his spare wheel well:

Old 11-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #7
The Monty
Just slidin'

This is before the subs went in, just to show you where the amp is mounted,

And thats where the subs sit. Not a false floor, but maybe something you can work off.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Here is romaniacs. Although he has used his spare wheel well:

That looks like an Adam install...
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here is a setup i have where you can still access the spare. (excuse the tool kit and crap)

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I can still access my spare with my stereo as well ... but my spare is under the ute :
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #11
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Same with my spare. I can always access it in the wagon. It was a vast improvement in the AU over the e series. The e series you needed to take the stuff out of the boot to lift the carpet with the AU you get a little tool to lower thw wheel from under the car.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Im about to a big install on mine. I wasnt keen on using the spare wheel well thoo. lol i aint that confident that ill never have to change a tyre. Looks good thoo. Im a big fan of nice clean presentation. Looks good, both of them.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #13
Burley
CRE.87V

hot-au

when ur done send some pics of it...wanting to see how to do mine
Old 12-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burley
hot-au

when ur done send some pics of it...wanting to see how to do mine
Made a big start on it today. Ill get all the wood work done 2morrow, but apolstory will be a lill longer.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #15
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get the spare wheel wbell covered and cut out underneath and have an underside access spare wheel like on a van.

would work well!!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #16
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I've shown this before but here's mine using the wheel well as well- I still have the enclosure I made for my AUII, you can still use the spare but lose the rear seat fldown bit as it sits on that ledge below the parcel shelf- a wheel well one is a hundred times better if you're serious about your sound......

I like the clean and neat look and the sound ius fantastic- it is a false floor I guess and there's no reason you couldn't invert the spare and run the enclosure into the inside of the wheel- have to be a big wheel and smaller sub though. Hope this helps.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #17
Burley
CRE.87V

hot - au..if u need help with triming it id be glad to help ya..thats my job...if u can build the enclosure for me... jimt3te50 got pics of the enclosure
Old 13-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #18
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

These are shaping up to look nice but not very practical for the shopping or usage of the boot.I suppose its good for people who dont need to use the car apart from just driving around and saturday night fever. Groceries would have to sit in the front.For that matter holiday time would be a real adventure.Especially when an apple bounces off the sub woofer.

Guys its nice but not practical. Why not do a stealth install with the power to match? Displaying the goods when the boot opens is an invite for car thieves.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #19
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
These are shaping up to look nice but not very practical for the shopping or usage of the boot.I suppose its good for people who dont need to use the car apart from just driving around and saturday night fever. Groceries would have to sit in the front.For that matter holiday time would be a real adventure.Especially when an apple bounces off the sub woofer.

Guys its nice but not practical. Why not do a stealth install with the power to match? Displaying the goods when the boot opens is an invite for car thieves.

Im a fan of the clean install aswell. No extra cr*p cluttering up the way. However, i think practicality is hard to factor in when installing a good system. Not impossible, but hard. Personally if i had spent all this money buying nice audio, the last thing id do is hide it all away, id throw practicality out the window. But then again most ppl my age dont have a wife and kids lol. I rkn the big brand stickers such as PIONEER etc etc all across the car just invite theives.
Old 13-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #20
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a ssetup planned for my XR6, looking for anyone selling the black leather rear seat-back on its own.... I have plans for 2x 10" Clarions and 1x 12" Sony that I have in my possession atm....

Any ideas where I could get one from?
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #21
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

any wreckers have the back seats?

All the wood work on my install will be completed 2morrow lol i got a bit lazy. ill chuck it up when that parts done, then i gotta work out how i want to apolster it. Has anyone done anything other than carpet?
Old 15-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #22
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old setup used most of the boot in my NA fairlane, and it had a massive boot. The new setup is made so i can still use the boot and have the stereo still installed.

I dont know if you have tried, but its very hard to do a stealth install with 2 12" sub.. No matter where you put the there kinda in the road.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #23
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
I've got a ssetup planned for my XR6, looking for anyone selling the black leather rear seat-back on its own.... I have plans for 2x 10" Clarions and 1x 12" Sony that I have in my possession atm....

Any ideas where I could get one from?
try FTG auto salvage, they have a T3 TE50 i think on their website that theyre wrecking, not sure about the parts they would have left, but its worth a try it has a full leather interior by the way
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #24
Burley
CRE.87V

ive got my install started today..doing a pretty straight forward install only going to lose the area on hump behind seats...just going to trim the 2 side panels and rear panel may be trimming it in suade next week - if not carpet
Old 18-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #25
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Before u look. lol yes any form of practical use for my boot was not considered. lol I dont care. If people have bags, u can sit them on ur lap! lol

Most of the woodwork is completed. Still needs touch ups. Needs apolstering and needs wiring lol. So basically still alot of work to go. But this is basically what it will look like completed. The amp on the left does sit in properly, its just got wires tucked behind it so i dont lose them, when its hooked up it will be nice and snug. The speakers will ahve the pioneer covers on them. All wires will be out of site! lol w00t. any ideas for what i type of apolstery i should put on it?

Old 18-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #26
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoT-AU
Most of the woodwork is completed. Still needs touch ups. Needs apolstering and needs wiring lol. So basically still alot of work to go. But this is basically what it will look like completed. The amp on the left does sit in properly, its just got wires tucked behind it so i dont lose them, when its hooked up it will be nice and snug. The speakers will ahve the pioneer covers on them. All wires will be out of site! lol w00t. any ideas for what i type of apolstery i should put on it?
Thats an awesome looking system. Can i ask, that sub box, is it a custom job or just a standard store bought? i ask this as it looks like it fits nice and snug there under the shelf between the arches.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #27
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be starting on my own one in the next couple weeks... I can't wait!

Looking good fellas!
Old 18-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #28
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
Thats an awesome looking system. Can i ask, that sub box, is it a custom job or just a standard store bought? i ask this as it looks like it fits nice and snug there under the shelf between the arches.

Its a caidence beast. It came with the box and the sound coming out of that is phenonmanal. So i wasnt planing on taking it out and putting it in a different box. i desiged the bottom part so it would tuck in perfectly with the woofer box. Everything fits perfectly. I just gotta get into apolstery and **** now. Looking foward to seeing the end result thoo.