Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Bad Crash Qld!

Any one see the bad crash involving a EF/L Fairmont and a Taxi Van?

I saw it on Sky News....looked pretty bad.

I hope It was none of our members.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Wasn't me!

Hope everyone is ok..

Edit://

Though, I don't know that my car is still in the basement.... hrmmm :
Old 12-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

The car was drag racing... wouldn't look good if it were one of our members.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Any other info AshMan?

Did he Win?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
nat_daly
Nat D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Any other info AshMan?

Did he Win?
lol!
did he win..haha
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did he Win?
I can't believe you sat there and typed that.. there is no way you would have pulled off typing that with a straight face.. You Wally!!!!!!!!

*PS thanks for the crack up though.. needed it :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
fmc351
let it burn

There talking of a crack down on hoons now! Look out, look out there are 'polies' about.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

was he racing the taxi??
Old 12-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I said that because if he was stupid enough to race on the street then
A) What ever he was racing I hope it was worth it.
B) Wouldn’t it suck if you lost this drag, wrote car off and get arrested.

I have experience in rescue and soon to be a road rescue operator, a scene like that usually ends in injury or even worse tragedy
Old 12-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
GUTLES
Adam.

One of the cars looked like a stock EF Ghia from the outside..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #11
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Did he Win?
Sheeesh - that's a bit over the top ain't it Vebabass.
Woulda thought someone thats being trained up as a rescue operator wouldn't joke about something as seriously dangerous as street racing.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

THe taxi driver is known by myself, and unfortunately the cab driver is still in a very bad way... Dickheads caused this accident, the poor bloke earning a crust was doing nothing but driving along in his lane!! ИИИИers like that are what ruins it for everyone... Both cars that were racing were damaged, one swerved and hit a pole and the other swerved into the maxi cab.. THen the little gutless ИИИИs still tried to run away.. ИИИИheads!!!!!

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #13
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
THe taxi driver is known by myself, and unfortunately the cab driver is still in a very bad way... Dickheads caused this accident, the poor bloke earning a crust was doing nothing but driving along in his lane!! ИИИИers like that are what ruins it for everyone... Both cars that were racing were damaged, one swerved and hit a pole and the other swerved into the maxi cab.. THen the little gutless ИИИИs still tried to run away.. ИИИИheads!!!!!

I am hoping the cabbie will be ok Tibbo. My late partner worked as a cabbie, so I know a lot of stories about what they put up with out on the roads etc.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #14
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
Sheeesh - that's a bit over the top ain't it Vebabass.
Woulda thought someone thats being trained up as a rescue operator wouldn't joke about something as seriously dangerous as street racing.

I wouldnt of said it if there was loss of life, But still a bit tasteless. Im ashamed.

Thats low if you cause a accident and then try and do a runner! I hope they get the book (a big one at that)

Tibbo, I hope he gets well very soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #15
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man these little s.hit with no real driving experience in there hotted up car dragging on the street are seriously p.issing me off. They call them selves car enthusiast. I call them ddi(kheads..... A real enthusiast's race on the track, w.ankers race on the roads.... Last weekend a 4 year old was hit by a car while playing in the front yard. He died in his fathers arms..... I can not tell you how ИИИИen ИИИИed off I am at the moment.

Tibbo.... Hope your mate is all right.......

By the way. I carry the Beenleigh police station PH no on my phone so I can dob in the street racers...... ИИИИ em

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Dickheads caused this accident, the poor bloke earning a crust was doing nothing but driving along in his lane!! ИИИИers like that are what ruins it for everyone...
I'd like to echo these sentiments. All the best to your friend, racecraft (and his family).

Idiots in this world make it dangerous to get out of bed and go to work - how scary a concept is that...
Old 12-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #17
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Man these little s.hit with no real driving experience in there hotted up car dragging on the street are seriously p.issing me off. They call them selves car enthusiast. I call them ddi(kheads..... A real enthusiast's race on the track, w.ankers race on the roads.... Last weekend a 4 year old was hit by a car while playing in the front yard. He died in his fathers arms.....
This is the problem Jabba.. they are NOT car enthusiasts at all....

That little one that was killed just broke my heart when I heard about it... As a parent I just couldn't imagine the pain those poor people are suffering..
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #18
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Hmm I think this cabbie was the same one who took me and my mates into the city in the exact same maxi taxi last Saturday night! Looked a lot like him...
Old 12-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #19
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
This is the problem Jabba.. they are NOT car enthusiasts at all....

That little one that was killed just broke my heart when I heard about it... As a parent I just couldn't imagine the pain those poor people are suffering..
You are absolutely correct and that was the point I was trying to make but the mood I am in at the moment I kind of went of track.... And like you I have kids also, which is why I feel so much rage hen I hear about hoon getting killed or them killing others due to there stupidity.

The question is, How do we stop the stupid hoon idiots......

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #20
EF_Frmnt
Banned

you cant. the sooner politicians realise that it will never be stopped no matter how many fines impounds etc they impose there will always be idiots pushing the boundaries.

And one band wagon EVERYONE is quick to jump on is the 'hotted up car' at fault. I bet more than 50 percent of the time it is w@nkers in there stock lancers and VN commodores that are racing on the streets. Most of the people i know with tough cars go to the track, and in saying that i would much rather be in a 'hotted up car' than a 20 year old rustbucket as the stopping handling saftey etc far exceeds that of an older car.

So all in all speeding/racing/hooning is dangerous. But i bet there is not one person on this forums that hasnt at one time in their life raced someone off the lights or done a burnout in a carpark, its just some people take it too far all the time and end up killing the innocent people not themselves, which is always the worst part.
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #21
ef_classic
Banned

Anyone have link to a story, or pictures?
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #22
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Frmnt
So all in all speeding/racing/hooning is dangerous. But i bet there is not one person on this forums that hasnt at one time in their life raced someone off the lights or done a burnout in a carpark, its just some people take it too far all the time and end up killing the innocent people not themselves, which is always the worst part.

Couldn’t agree more, Even seeing bad accidents and cleaning up a mess like that, doesn’t deter me from a brisk stab at the throttle every hour and then, but like you said its the irresponsible people who take it too far.

I have a modified car and I find more enjoyment beating people at the drags then on the street. Differences being you get a time slip for bragging after the 400meters of fame.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #23
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

It's fair enough to call the drivers morons and idiots, but as a young fellow myself I have drag raced on the street, at odd hours like 2 in the morning on isolated roads. This kid didn't know better, he went too hard and came unstuck, probably something everyone has done in -casual- driving.

These kids have lost thier cars, thier licences and probably have a huge fine. This prang, or crash rather, will set them back years with thier lives.

The taxi driver will be on compo for months and months, paid leave.

I feel sorry about it, but at the same time, every action has an equal and oposite reaction, and they'll get what they deserve for it. It's not like they're being given a slap on the wrist and away they go in the new car thier insureance paid for.

The world goes round.
volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #24
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20

Wrong.. taxi drivers are self employed

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #25
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Taxi Drivers do not get compo, they do not get sick pay.. they don't work.. they don't get money..

My late partner was a cabbie for 7 or 8 years... so I can guarantee this.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #26
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Well, I guess he's screwed then - My misunderstanding.

I hope he isn't too bent up then :/
volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #27
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's fair enough to call the drivers morons and idiots, but as a young fellow myself I have drag raced on the street, at odd hours like 2 in the morning on isolated roads. This kid didn't know better, he went too hard and came unstuck, probably something everyone has done in -casual- driving..
Sorry this KID, did not drive his car within / thier ability / current conditions and as for everyone doing this at some time i doubt it or if they have come unstuck they were in place / time as not to endager others, what these guys done was plain stupid and there are not that many stupid drivers around but the few like this spoil it for the rest, and the driving was not by the sound of it casual.

I had a person ask me once how can you drive hard and be safe it can't happen.

The answer was easy you drive in a manner that is within yours and the cars ability and to the current condions so that you do not endager others around you and or yourself.

Its just some people think they are bigger and better than what they really are.

Hoping all parties get well soon.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #28
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

damn that sucks...

A guy said they heard screeches for about 13secs... This means they were travelling way over the normal off the lights drag.. I know its hard to put an "average" on these things, but lets be realistic. I see many street races every week, but none to the extreme where it would take a 13 sec skid to stop.. Unless its raining??

Im hoping this thread doesnt turn into another young driver assault. Fair enough its dickheads like this that go too far, but there are thousands of other young drivers which dont take it 'too' far over the limit.

Good luck to the cabbie.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #29
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTDEF
Im hoping this thread doesnt turn into another young driver assault. Fair enough its dickheads like this that go too far, but there are thousands of other young drivers which dont take it 'too' far over the limit.
I hope it doesn't either. To even things up, I was stuck behind some old bag doing 20 km/h in a 50 zone the last saturday morning. She turns the corner ever so cautiously, accelerates to 48-50 km/h and drives past a school. School has a traffic-lighted crossing. Light is red. Old bag drives right on through red light without even batting an eye lid. I stopped and the expression on the guy across the lights face was priceless. It was a "what the ИИИИ..." kind of look, we both then smiled, shook our heads and resumed driving, happy to know the old woman was nowhere to be seen. Lucky for her it wasn't a school day...

Quote:
Good luck to the cabbie.
Yeah, exactly. Poor bastard was doing his job. Both guys were driving well past their limits. And yes I am what you might call a hoon. I don't mind giving the loud pedal a stab every now and then but I know that doing stupid speeds in residential/built up areas is just asking for something to happen. And in this case it did.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #30
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. they'll get what they deserve for it. It's not like they're being given a slap on the wrist and away they go in the new car thier insureance paid for.

The world goes round.
And what does the family get in return after this kid gets of with a huge fine and maybe a little jail time if any.... Hay BUD... Will the mother and father get the son back, will dishing out the hashes penalty to the offender/murderer make Mum and Dad feel any better.... NO, it wont do stuff all. You kid have got to wake up and smell the roses. Do you also realise that those stupid actions you are screwing it for the real enthusiast. I hope that bloke that killed the 4 year old rots in hell...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid