Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Ramadan wasn't mentioned in the article I read, just the BLM rallies...
Old 15-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Reffos
Old 15-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Ramadan wasn't mentioned in the article I read, just the BLM rallies...
Sorry mate my comment was tongue in cheek

There is no link to BLM rallies or Ramadan. But the continuing speculation there might be will not go away for some.

The authorities go to much trouble contact tracing to try and keep tabs on this virus. They determined a person attending the BLM rally in Melbourne subsequently tested positive to Covid 19. They believe they already had the virus before attending the rally and did not pass it on at the rally. The infected person worked at H&M Northland. They infected other staff at H&M Northland which started a cluster called "the North Melbourne family cluster".

The authorities have been quite clear they can not link any outbreak to the BLM protest. It is interesting because it would seem the infection risk is not nearly as great outside as it is indoors.

If the article you are referring to is in The Australian today, "Coronavirus: Black Lives Matter protest linked to tower cluster." That article does not provide evidence for the headline. Indeed it quotes the authorities as saying,” It is not clear which direction the virus was transmitted in. In many cases, we will never know for sure how large clusters began and the order in which the virus spread”.
Old 15-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Wiz and Mechan1k are probably familiar with the Australia Ave/Underwood Rd intersection; chaotic at the best of time.

Today there was a pop-up screening clinic in the park adjacent - utter traffic mayhem! Lost count of the near misses. No traffic control at all.
Old 15-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
If the article you are referring to is in The Australian today, "Coronavirus: Black Lives Matter protest linked to tower cluster." That article does not provide evidence for the headline. Indeed it quotes the authorities as saying,” It is not clear which direction the virus was transmitted in. In many cases, we will never know for sure how large clusters began and the order in which the virus spread”.
Thank you. I have been waiting all day for someone to point it out as I didn't want to be the whipping boy again

Herald Sun
"Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton previously said it was unlikely the protesters caught the virus at the rally in Melbourne’s CBD which was attended by 10,000 people on June 6."
"The link does not necessarily mean the protesters were the original source of the public housing tower outbreak, which is the state’s largest cluster to date."

Alarm bells start to go off when the "story" is only covered by the Murdoch outlet. Sky, Australian, Herald Sun, News.com.au. There seems to be an obsession to want to link the BLM protest to Melbourne outbreaks. Why is that? It just spreads uncertainty, resentment and hate, at a time when we should be working together.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #6
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
There seems to be an obsession to want to link the BLM protest to Melbourne outbreaks. Why is that? It just spreads uncertainty, resentment and hate, at a time when we should be working together.
Well said. They, the media - just want the "real virus" that keeps popping it's ugly head from time to time to spread faster than COVID, so that it makes them more money.

The sensationalised reporting of the USA riots was a HUGE money maker for them. Why not try and replicate the same here. Plant the seeds of hate and watch the money tree grow.
Closed Thread