Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #1
HIPO
Al

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Read this on another forum, quite appropriate I think

Below are their findings – don’t shoot the messenger
sounds like a conspiracy to me.............
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #2
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
Geez it's catching
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me too

That's what winter does to ya, instead of "perspire" we "conspire"

Cheers Billy
This user likes this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
slowsnake
Banned

Am off to SCGH Nedlands Perth, will be there for half a day or more, I will make it a point to get every bit of info on this vaccine bullsh.t, and make sure its on their letterhead, will see what comes up and post if relevant!

Cheers a Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #4
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Doughnut day for Vic

PS I refuse to spell it the American way, although it seems far more common in the Australian media of late.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post

Some of the conspiracy narratives that are being played out:

Trust the government
No need to worry, just follow orders
Covid is a widespread naturally occurring virus
Only the vaccines can protect you, Independent research into alternatives to the vaccines are FAKE
There are no issues with the vaccines
Lockdowns are fault of the unvaccinated, and not the fault of the vaccine
6 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #6
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Some of the conspiracy narratives that are being played out:

Trust the government
No need to worry, just follow orders
Covid is a widespread naturally occurring virus
Only the vaccines can protect you, Independent research into alternatives to the vaccines are FAKE
There are no issues with the vaccines
Lockdowns are fault of the unvaccinated, and not the fault of the vaccine
and that little chestnut the authorities are saying " the vaccinated people, are all doing the right thing" . there's a little more to it than that.

i didn,t know that it was compulsory to get a untried "vaccine" in your arm.

i guess people have forgotten all about thalidomide babies, babies born with deformities, the drug administration said it was safe too.

what the long term affects? no one knows.

so now i,m the bad guy, what joke.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 03:40 PM   #7
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i guess people have forgotten all about thalidomide babies, babies born with deformities, the drug administration said it was safe too.

And apparently some people seem to think that nothing has changed in the 60 years since the largest medical disaster in living history.

The mRNA vaccine has been used in research for the last 20 years, and this vaccine has been in development since the first SARS-CoV outbreak nearly 10 years ago. So it's far from being 'untried'.

[EDITED]

All of the test phase results are available online [not needed]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7745181/
https://www.fda.gov/media/144337/download
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04760132

Last edited by PG2; 04-08-2021 at 09:29 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
and that little chestnut the authorities are saying " the vaccinated people, are all doing the right thing" . there's a little more to it than that.

i didn,t know that it was compulsory to get a untried "vaccine" in your arm.

I don't recollect anyone saying that it was compulsory, and I'm sure that the Pfizer/BioNTech people along with Oxford/AstraZeneca would love to hear you say that they're 'untried'.

FWIW my wife starts Chemo (for the 2nd time in 3 years) in the next few weeks, her Oncologist strongly recommended that she get her first jab of either Pfizer or AZ before they start treatment.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #9
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Read this on another forum,
• more often obtain their information from social media."
5 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 12:41 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 3rd 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

223 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.655%.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.904%.

The UK had a lower 21,466 cases yesterday and higher 138 deaths for a CMR of 2.193%.

A higher 102,499 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 333 deaths sees CMR at 1.753%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 200M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Global deaths pass 4.25M, the last 50 k in 6 days;
The USA passes 36M cases;

Gambia (587) - they report weekly;
Eswatini (838);
Reunion (3,014) - also reporting weekly; and
Iran (39,019)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #11
tweeked
N/A all the way

2.2 Billion people have had at least one shot, over 1 Billion both. With those numbers if there was something particular about these vaccines it would be becoming very apparent. We are already on to the side effects that are 1:100000 (Clotting symptoms) plus, and the clotting deaths that are 1:1000000.

If people are concerned about what will happen to them, have a real good read and think on Covid. If you are a numbers person, you can see that countries that have started to head into the new normal have it running rampant. We need to head into the new normal.

In 6 months time, when we open up, Australia will have thousands of cases per day. Those that are vaccinated will probably have something like a cold. How will you feel then when you are no longer protected by isolationist policies that have to end? You have to start thinking about that now, because it is coming.

As I have said all along, I absolutely support each person having their own choice. But we have to open up when those who want the protection of a vaccine have had a chance to get one.

3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 08:40 PM   #12
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

We were talking about this today at work, here's some of the things that came up (and I'm not about to claim any of these as my own opinion in this thread):

.Bloke got his 2nd jab yesterday
.Bloke has sore arm, sniffles, sneezing, blowing nose
.Bloke says "but I'm good for the next 6 months, they said it in the news"
.Mates say, yeah, but now you don't get real sick and even though you get Covid-19, you get to parade it around with as much transmission as someone who would be in bed!
.Bloke says, but I'm good!
.Mates say, for 6 months, then you get 2 more needles, plus the flu jab, that's 5 a year for the rest of your life!
.Bloke looks worried.
.Other mates say "hang on, 5 jabs a year, I'm likely to grow 2 heads from that eventually"

Jason goes back to doing his work, thinking the ACT is pretty good for the moment.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #13
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
We were talking about this today at work, here's some of the things that came up (and I'm not about to claim any of these as my own opinion in this thread):

.Bloke got his 2nd jab yesterday
.Bloke has sore arm, sniffles, sneezing, blowing nose
.Bloke says "but I'm good for the next 6 months, they said it in the news"
.Mates say, yeah, but now you don't get real sick and even though you get Covid-19, you get to parade it around with as much transmission as someone who would be in bed!
.Bloke says, but I'm good!
.Mates say, for 6 months, then you get 2 more needles, plus the flu jab, that's 5 a year for the rest of your life!
.Bloke looks worried.
.Other mates say "hang on, 5 jabs a year, I'm likely to grow 2 heads from that eventually"

Jason goes back to doing his work, thinking the ACT is pretty good for the moment.
You work in Parliament House yeah?
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 09:14 PM   #14
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

My mates and I were running around on the grass on top of that building one Canberra night, security guard came out and told us to stop! Oh, OK we said, and quietly left. Do you think that would or could even happen here nowadays?!

No, sorry, I don't work in "that" place
4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 11:38 PM   #15
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HaHa, fled back to australia while the lockdowns and death tolls rose overseas, then jumped back to complain (while they still have to wear masks indoors even now).

I'd take WA any day of the week. No masks, 9 deaths, ~1000 cases total, been free for the last year with only a few 1-2 weeks restrictions.
**** them wanting the best of both worlds but none of the worst consequences of either.

As she or any other expats posting recently prove - it's not been that hard for people to leave Australia. All the struggle has been for those living overseas with lots to liquidate before moving back, then internal os country lockdowns/travel/airport/ stop over countries etc restrictions and getting screwed by cancelled flights then becoming broke have had all the trouble. No one that has left recently with prebooked tickets has had an issue with travel if they claim it's for business purposes. They've been relatively free to go and return! If fact it's them coming and going that doesn't help the stricken expats still trying to get home one bit, so maybe don;t become part of the problem if you're going to whine about it?

The gov should have done a better job chartering flights, vaxx, HQ etc though.

Last edited by oldel; 04-08-2021 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:38 AM   #16
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Interesting press conference with Glady's yesterday. Asked twice if Bunning's should be open, refused to answer the question twice. I would of thought maybe for the Tradies, but the general public ?
Our local Bunning's car park was full yesterday and we are in lock down..........
Old 05-08-2021, 02:50 PM   #17
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Interesting press conference with Glady's yesterday. Asked twice if Bunning's should be open, refused to answer the question twice. I would of thought maybe for the Tradies, but the general public ?
Our local Bunning's car park was full yesterday and we are in lock down..........
That's kind of curious considering Bunnos had click'n'collect in Melbourne last year. Tradies could enter the store.

Why didn't the just roll it out in Sydney and Brisbane? They would have all the IT sorted and procedures could be just reused.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
If your dunny flusher fails and you are good to replace it yourself then thats an essential reason to go.

Same with if you're front door lock stuffs up and you need a new barrel, or if your water filter under the sink needs changing,

Lots of maintenance stuff in the house deemed essential that an owner can do. So then they can order the parts from Bunnings and go and collect.

See nothing wrong with that.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
4 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #19
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well ill chime in with a personal experience, Grandfather in Vic at the moment is not far off and I dont know how we will get down to see him at all. I did do a dash a few weeks ago that ended up in a 14 day isolation at home, but to think we cant be at the funeral is tough.

My partner works for NSW Health, who only this week had her first vaccination...and she works in a hospital! I was told relatives of health care workers could get it sooner so I called up.

The nominated GP in town to administer said "sorry, change of plans this week, you need to see your own GP". (its not "my" GP...is Australia the only place were we seem to have "our" GP's?).

Called "my" GP, they dont get any doses until late August and even then the admin said "even if we get them, it looks like they are being redirected to SYD".

Awesome, so people who want it cant even get it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 05-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #20
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Well ill chime in with a personal experience, Grandfather in Vic at the moment is not far off and I dont know how we will get down to see him at all. I did do a dash a few weeks ago that ended up in a 14 day isolation at home, but to think we cant be at the funeral is tough.

My partner works for NSW Health, who only this week had her first vaccination...and she works in a hospital! I was told relatives of health care workers could get it sooner so I called up.

The nominated GP in town to administer said "sorry, change of plans this week, you need to see your own GP". (its not "my" GP...is Australia the only place were we seem to have "our" GP's?).

Called "my" GP, they dont get any doses until late August and even then the admin said "even if we get them, it looks like they are being redirected to SYD".

Awesome, so people who want it cant even get it.
Its mind boggling in this day and age and during a global pandemic its a merry go round for us citizens (well those who wish to get the jab) trying to comply and obviously look out for yourself/family.
We have all these testing stations here there everywhere, WHY not have the opportunity having the jab done there as well.
I know logistics maybe an issue BUT surely a system could be set up.
As for your situation Polyal, regional, what a joke that is.
OH we won't even have supply till late August and possibly the stock will be side tracked.
Like WTF, yes Regional is in a safer position than the city CBD's but come on.
A puny little island country of ours can't even get Distribution in order let alone making it an easier process getting a jab in the populous areas.

I'm not a regular re posting links for as some feel there is so much BS posted and opinions its a mosh pit and I agree.
I was passed on this for a matter of interest so excuse me if seen or that its a load of bollocks..
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...26dfc20f49ec78
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 10:50 AM   #21
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

We have all these testing stations here there everywhere, WHY not have the opportunity having the jab done there as well.
I'm not trying to shoot your idea down in flames.

The problem you may have with setting up immunisation stations at the same place as testing stations is that it will increase traffic to areas that are already not coping with current levels of traffic.

A lot of people that are getting tested are showing signs of symptoms, and from what I have been told and read, if you are showing symptoms you can not get the jab until you are not showing any symptoms for 14 days??? Therefore, it is not as if you can get tested 'and while you are there' get the jab as well.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about getting the jab while having symptoms.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #22
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
…Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about getting the jab while having symptoms.
One problem may be that people are perhaps more likely to “conveniently overlook” minor symptoms in order to keep a vaccination appointment - especially now there is such a clamour for Vax deLuxe.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #23
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
One problem may be that people are perhaps more likely to “conveniently overlook” minor symptoms in order to keep a vaccination appointment - especially now there is such a clamour for Vax deLuxe.
Yes. as I said above. Perhaps if you have symptoms also get a recent test result? I did that but I can't recall if it was actually in the wording.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #24
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'm not trying to shoot your idea down in flames.

The problem you may have with setting up immunisation stations at the same place as testing stations is that it will increase traffic to areas that are already not coping with current levels of traffic.

A lot of people that are getting tested are showing signs of symptoms, and from what I have been told and read, if you are showing symptoms you can not get the jab until you are not showing any symptoms for 14 days??? Therefore, it is not as if you can get tested 'and while you are there' get the jab as well.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about getting the jab while having symptoms.
PG2 I get your points.
The traffic scenario, well lets say Sydney for eg, how it is period in normal times, busy as, the Large drive through testing stations should be running 24hrs for one (yes shift work but way to get volume testing/jabs done)....
Those with symptoms obviously can't get the jab.
There are many like me, who have gone to get tested for peace of mind, to be sure to be sure, just like going to quack your asked , have you symptoms,runny nose,headache, NO I don't, good go to that part of the station for the jab for eg.....
There would be heaps of people like me getting tested as we know from the daily figures.
Just a thought.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #25
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The list of symptoms is so generic that most without Covid will have one or 2 by default.

I had a throat infection for the past month. It was diagnosed and treated.

I had a sore throat, coughing etc.

I was also being tested for Covid every 3 days. Always negative.

When I went to get the jab I'm sure had I been totally 'honest' I would have been turned away.

I coughed a few times while waiting, and while getting the jab. No one blinked an eyelid. It's winter, people generally get the sniffles.

They really need to relax their wording as it may be scaring people off getting vaccinated that really need it but had a runny nose due to just having the cold.

Old 05-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #26
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
IWe have all these testing stations here there everywhere, WHY not have the opportunity having the jab done there as well.
Seems like someone in the Vic government has been reading your posts, FTE

Get tested, get vaccinated pilot program in Melbourne
By state political reporter Richard Willingham

Students, their parents and teachers that are getting tested at a pop-up test site at Al-Taqwa College will also be offered a Pfizer vaccination as part of a pilot program.

A teacher at the school has tested positive and nearly 2,500 students and staff have been forced into isolation.

Education Minister James Merlino told question time the decision to delay second doses of Pfizer to six weeks allowed the government to trial the program.

"The program will provide the department with data regarding pop-up vaccination coverage which will inform future vaccine programs once more supply becomes available,'' he said.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
4 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #27
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Seems like someone in the Vic government has been reading your posts, FTE

Get tested, get vaccinated pilot program in Melbourne
By state political reporter Richard Willingham

Students, their parents and teachers that are getting tested at a pop-up test site at Al-Taqwa College will also be offered a Pfizer vaccination as part of a pilot program.

A teacher at the school has tested positive and nearly 2,500 students and staff have been forced into isolation.

Education Minister James Merlino told question time the decision to delay second doses of Pfizer to six weeks allowed the government to trial the program.

"The program will provide the department with data regarding pop-up vaccination coverage which will inform future vaccine programs once more supply becomes available,'' he said.
too funny eh Foxtrot, yet others commented it couldn't work.
I should send an invoice down to Dan and make sure on getting a commision when each other State follows
Being its our/tax payer $$$'s I would give it right back to those in need farfar more than me.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #28
tweeked
N/A all the way

If "it" has to be Pfizer.

It really is interesting seeing such a huge disparity in how we all assess risk. I saw the numbers on AZ and didn't even hesitate, others are not wanting to go near it even if there is "any" risk involved.

No judgement on my behalf, as I have said it should be always everyone's own choice.

But what I do see, is three weeks in after we open up, and cases start surging, will the government be ready for the sudden influx of people who then want a vaccine straight away? The "it is ok at the moment" crowd will have to then choose their path.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:33 AM   #29
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I didnt even ask, nor did they say, which one it was. (or wasnt in this case)
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #30
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m sorry you’re being treated this way by our country.

It’s amazing how much pressure has been placed on people like myself in Sydney to bring forward the second dose of Covid vaccine - I’m holding out, because one is possibly better then none and it would seem that if I leaned on a GP to bring it forward, that’s simply robbing somebody like you.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread