Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
KosCo

Default Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

I am putting this in under the Ford Focus area even though it applies to all Ford vehicles and users.

I have recently purchased a new Ford Focus which came with an in car GPS System. Since using the system it has become apparent that the maps were quite out of date. I have been back to the dealer and asked about updates for the maps and was told that I would have to talk to Ford about that. This seemed strange as outside the dealers yard was a large Ford sign.

So it appears that dealers put their heads in the sand and don’t want to know about the problems and also won’t pick up the phone on behalf of their customers. I gather they don’t want to talk to Ford.

So I went to the Ford website and it appears that Ford does not want to talk to customers as there is no information there on how to contact Ford – no email address, no phone numbers, no address, nothing.

A Google search finally provided an email link to Ford which only allowed me to send a brief message regarding any map updates. I was pleasantly surprised when I actually received a phone call from Ford about my query. The outcome from several phone calls from Ford has been –
· I had the latest maps installed in my car
· I can monitor the Ford website for any future updates to Sat Nav maps.

I had removed the SD map card from my car and based on the dates on the files on the card, it appears that the maps would be about November 2010. This means that the maps would at least be over 2 years old on a brand new car.

The Ford website does have a page regarding Sat Nav updates at –
http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/sat-nav-map

Here there are 4 models of Ford listed but none of them have any details or history of ever having any map updates nor is there any indication when or if ever there will be any map updates..

I am wondering if these Sat Nav units then “fit for purpose” when the maps are over 2 years old when supplied in a brand new car?

Does anyone know of any other way of getting maps updates for these units other than relying on Ford? Would appreciate any help from anyone who has dealt with this type of problem. Why are Ford owners treated so badly?

KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post