Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 07-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
sturty_tx5
elmo

Smile awd tx5 drag racing

does anyone know if it possible to turn a 1990 ford telstar txf fwd into an awd? if it is possible i will be doing the conversion and will start some serious work on my car to make it ready for a 9sec drag. im budgeting $50,000 for everything

sturty_tx5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Surely there is a better car you can start with. Also 9's in an AWD would cost more than $50k I would have thought.

If you have that much cash, buy a R32 GTR is AWD is a must.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Definitely was an AWD version in Japan. Finding the parts would be a pain though ;)
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

buy a torana build a 355 stroker on nos and you have 9's
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
sturty_tx5
elmo

R32 GTR hummmmm BORING!!! it been done a million times!! and toranas are nice but you gotta admit there are quite a few around. im going to stick with the telstar as i like to be very different. at the moment plans are underway to put a 2l f20c from a honda s2000 into the car and the front is being mini tubbed. some ppl may think this project is a little impossible but im an auto electrician by trade and dad is a panel beater and mechanic with experience at bathurst back in the good old days. im going to see if i could track down the awd drive parts to look at the potential.
sturty_tx5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post