Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Garmin Nuvi 2360LT Sat Nav - any reviews please?

Hi All,
Looking to get a new GPS. Have always liked the Garmins and have narrowed my selection down to the 2360LT.
Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations before I buy?
For me, the priorities are:
- user friendliness,
- lots of useable features,
- bluetooth connectivity with my iphone4 for hands free calling,
- slim compact design.

Cheers...!

2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Garmin Nuvi 2360LT Sat Nav - any reviews please?

I haven't had a look into the current ones.
I am still running with the Nuvi 265WT (widescreen Traffic model)

Looks like this 2360LT comes with lifetime free map updates ... I'd say the traffic receiver is in the cable like mine is in the 265WT.

Also has Speech Recognition ... and historical traffic data for traffic trends ... much better than the earlier traffic models.

The price is pretty good as well ... around the $200-220 mark.

You really can't go wrong with Garmin ... I am on my 2nd one .... my first one lasted me 6 years (screen eventually didn't work in the end).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

^^^ thanks mate, good feedback.

Havnt had too much experience with GPS's, but have heard pretty good things about the Garmins.
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
I use & recommend:

Old 22-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

No problems.
For that price as well ... you can't go wrong.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I have a Tom Tom atm. Have had it for a couple of years and does everything I need. I recently bought my cousin a Garmin for her birthday (family present really) as my aunty has one and hasn't had any issues with it.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Bought the 2360LT for the other half. The traffic congestion routing works well. It's on the cable. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can take up to 15 secs to lock on. I'm used to 5 secs on my Garminphone but that has the advantage of data.

Touchscreen isn't very sensitive if you're used to smartphones but for general use it's fine. Good features. I'd buy another one if it broke down.

BTW bought mine at Costco for about $240 last October.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Cheers for the feedback all!
Well I found a seller online and managed to buy a 2360LT for just on $200 delivered, which I think was pretty good.
Hopefully arrives soon and i'll get to use it on my next trip back to Perth.
I probably should have made sure of this before buying... You can pair it with an iphone 4 right?
Mods so far:
Mods to come:
I use & recommend:

Old 08-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Hi All, just a follow up to this thread... I received my Garmin Nuvi 2360LT last week and had a fair bit of fun with it over the weekend.
All I can say is this GPS is fantastic; anyone in the market for a new satnav should have a look at this one. Its very easy to use and the voice command feature is incredible!
Bluetooth works like a charm and as a hands-free kit it is brilliant.
Cant fault it... worth every bit of the $200 purchase price.
Mods so far:
Mods to come:
I use & recommend:

Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Compared to what I have paid for them previously ... these have really come down in price. $200 is a great deal for what is in them.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I picked up a 3450LMT yesterday and yes, it is much better than my previous TomTom GO 1000.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post