Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2021, 10:06 PM   #10681
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
No it is not a different story in Vic. I even got accidentally booked in to one. Line full of healthcare people in it. You do know that the Pfizer is open to Healthcare professionals in Vic and that they are pumping it daily at hospitals?
No, it's not strictly Pfizer only. It's all over the shop at the moment in VIC. Just because you got accidentally booked into a Pfizer line doesn't mean "they are pumping it daily at hospitals".

Things should be better from this Monday (17/05) as the VIC government has now secured enough Pfizer jabs to be more consistent.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2021, 10:11 PM   #10682
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
If you look at the week by week analysis, it looks like NSW don't do any jabs on Sundays. VIC, SA, WA, TAS, ACT seem to do 7 days a week.
NSW's economy is in tatters. Worst in 20 years. They cannot afford to pay Sunday penalty rates.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #10683
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

Let me guess, are they in the health sector? Cos a lot of friends and relatives I know who work in the health sector are also reluctant to take it.
Yes....those in the health sector that I know are reluctant to take the AZ.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 15-05-2021, 11:55 PM   #10684
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Just not true, where did you get that info? Morrison got Pfizer ..yes, but that was before we had much AZ
Nothing to do with the number of AZ shots available.
Front line workers regardless of age get the Pfizer...
Because it is better....and that's dumbing it down.

Quote:
Health Minister Greg Hunt had AZ, you can find that without trying. You just create fear when you post what you don't know what you are talking about and try to turn it into a conspiracy.

Yep...Hunt did a PR stunt to convince the public that AZ was safe.
Exactly what a health minister is supposed to do in an election year.
Personal attack ignored...

2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #10685
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Gladys, Hazzard, Chat got the AZ. So too did Sutton.

Apart from a few at the start, most of the celeb pollies have gotten AZ.
Old 16-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #10686
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Which articles are you referring to? 'Cause the media have been pretty clear on everything clot-related as far as I can see. I've seen no embellishment of the causes/risks/chances of getting a clot.

Btw I don't think there's any data to say that we're better at treating them now. The roll-out came to a halt for the age group most at-risk of clots. It's a bit of a jump to say that the (supposed. haven't fact checked) reduced number of deaths must be due to better treatment of clots rather than reduced numbers of the at-risk age group getting vaccinated.
Not saying they are embellishing the risk. Just that they are not conveying that the risk is relatively easily managed. My source was the explanation given when I received my shot.

Old 16-05-2021, 10:06 AM   #10687
leesa

Quote:
Not saying they are embellishing the risk. Just that they are not conveying that the risk is relatively easily managed. My source was the explanation given when I received my shot.
A nurse isn't a doctor and how do you figure that a clot in the brain is relatively easily managed?

Old 16-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #10688
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Personal attack? Really? Because you posted clearly incorrect claims? anyway...

This year is an election year? You are in the loop with everything politics and an expert in health!

British , Italian, French, Canadian Prime Ministers, WA Premier all on the first pages of a search. Morrison only had Pfizer as AZ was not released in Australia when he got his shot. Now it is open to over 50's you will see plenty of Ministers getting AZ.

Old 16-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #10689
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
A nurse isn't a doctor and how do you figure that a clot in the brain is relatively easily managed?
Oh wow, I thought all nurses did brain surgery on the side.

Just going by what I was told at the time, are you suggesting the medical staff trained to administer the shot and give the risk profile and what to do if there is an issue have been given bogus information? (you know, I am pretty sure that you know that doctors advise them of what to say)

Old 16-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #10690
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 15th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

5 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.037%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.983% and active cases 18.

The UK had a lower 2,027 cases yesterday and 7 deaths.

Just under 44k new cases in the USA yesterday and 770 deaths sees CMR at 1.780%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 163M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Europe passes 46M cases;

Timor-Leste (161); and
Thailand (3,095)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average while Germany, Afghanistan and Kuwait drop below. It should be noted that now only two European countries have been above their 90th percentile during the last 10 days (Greece and Latvia).

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #10691
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Oh dear....

Quote:
Three Australians test negative days after being stopped from boarding flight from India due to positive COVID tests
Exclusive by South Asia correspondent James Oaten and foreign affairs reporter Stephen Dziedzic

A laboratory used to pre-screen passengers for a Qantas repatriation flight from India had its accreditation suspended by the nation's laboratory board in April, the ABC can reveal.

And at least three of the Australians blocked from returning home on Saturday's flight from New Delhi to Darwin, because they tested positive for COVID-19, have since tested negative for the virus.

The two revelations raise serious questions about the medical screening process set up by Qantas and the federal government for the resumption of travel between India and Australia.

CRL Diagnostics was used to conduct COVID tests on 150 "vulnerable" Australians who had been staying in a hotel as part of pre-flight quarantine measures.

The testing found 46 positive cases, meaning they and an additional 24 close contacts were barred from boarding the flight, which landed in Darwin on Saturday with only 80 people on board.

But CRL is no longer accredited by India's National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) after it was suspended in April, according to the NABL website.

NABL chief executive N Venkateswaran said the suspension was for "non-compliance with NABL accreditation norms".

"Suspension is temporary invalidation of accreditation and can be revoked," he told the ABC.

"Due to confidentiality, we will not be able to say more than that the lab was found not complying with accreditation norms and hence suspended."......
Lengthy article... but what an absolute joke. At this pace they will all be back by 2027...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...out&li=AAgfYrC

What absolute fool sends a plane back with 70 empty seats in such a dire situation??

Use some bloody common sense and discretion...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #10692
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Which articles are you referring to? 'Cause the media have been pretty clear on everything clot-related as far as I can see. I've seen no embellishment of the causes/risks/chances of getting a clot.

Btw I don't think there's any data to say that we're better at treating them now. The roll-out came to a halt for the age group most at-risk of clots. It's a bit of a jump to say that the (supposed. haven't fact checked) reduced number of deaths must be due to better treatment of clots rather than reduced numbers of the at-risk age group getting vaccinated.
You be better off talking to your GP than listening to media or anyone here in the forums if you want to know more facts with blood clotting, there is a lot of misinformation being spruiked by people not knowing the full facts.
Cheers.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #10693
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Oh dear....

Lengthy article... but what an absolute joke. At this pace they will all be back by 2027...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...out&li=AAgfYrC

What absolute fool sends a plane back with 70 empty seats in such a dire situation??

Use some bloody common sense and discretion...
Hey s*** happens at times.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #10694
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Former deputy chief doc Coatsworth warns: Australia must reopen borders, prepare for the return of COVID-19

https://www.smh.com.au/national/form...14-p57s1u.html

and related...

We must abandon fortress Australia at some point, says Sutton

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...15-p57s7h.html
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 05:54 PM   #10695
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
and related...

We must abandon fortress Australia at some point, says Sutton

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...15-p57s7h.html
Ouch...

Quote:
In recordings from two recent events leaked by government insiders, Professor Sutton also revealed he had been “shocked” at the Victorian government’s “steadfast” refusal to adapt and acknowledge mistakes during the coronavirus pandemic.

"I’ve been a little bit shocked at how much there is a digging in of heels, a kind of steadfast refusal to adapt, and sometimes a steadfast refusal to acknowledge mistakes."

Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton

Professor Sutton told healthcare workers in late April that he had witnessed the Victorian government suffer from a lack of introspection during the pandemic.
He must be pretty sure Dear Leader isn't coming back with comments like that
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 07:19 PM   #10696
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
He must be pretty sure Dear Leader isn't coming back with comments like that

Quote:
"In a statement to The Sunday Age, Professor Sutton said he was reflecting on “the approach taken by some people and agencies around the world who did not act as early and robustly as they needed to,” and his comments were “in no way a reference to the Victorian government”.

"No one can accuse the Victorian government of not adapting quickly in the face of this virus," he said, pointing to the state's successful elimination of community transmission last year and an outbreak of the UK variant in February."......................

Clarification
An earlier version of this story reported that Professor Sutton’s shock had been directed at the Victorian government. The Age accepts that in this passage of his speech Professor Sutton did not refer directly to Victoria. The story has been altered to reflect this.
Old 16-05-2021, 08:12 PM   #10697
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

Yeah... sure he didn’t mean it after he was caught out on tape.

Interesting times ahead...
Old 16-05-2021, 08:58 PM   #10698
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Govt and Qantas may get a lot of flak about their pre-flight COVID testing regime.

Govts get criticised for not doing anything and passing the buck but when they do something, everybody pile on them.

I am glad that the Govt has a strict measure in place. Everybody has the right to return to their country but nobody has a right to put someone else’s health at risk. Howard Springs is a quarantine facility not a medical facility.

Ok, hold on to your flamethrowers, I was born in that part of the world, but not in India.

These are desperate times in that part of the world but Australian Govt is acting very responsibly without the typical political considerations. Full kudos to them.

Regards,
George V
Old 16-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #10699
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
Govt and Qantas may get a lot of flak about their pre-flight COVID testing regime.

Govts get criticised for not doing anything and passing the buck but when they do something, everybody pile on them.

I am glad that the Govt has a strict measure in place. Everybody has the right to return to their country but nobody has a right to put someone else’s health at risk. Howard Springs is a quarantine facility not a medical facility.

Ok, hold on to your flamethrowers, I was born in that part of the world, but not in India.

These are desperate times in that part of the world but Australian Govt is acting very responsibly without the typical political considerations. Full kudos to them.

Regards,
George V
Seems the UK is having trouble with the Indian variant.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...4-83c330526af6
Old 16-05-2021, 09:19 PM   #10700
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I see poor old Daryl Maguire has resorted to self editing news articles to suit his agenda against "Dear Leader". Must be scraping the bottom of the barrel news sites to come up with bullsh*t stories like that.
Old 16-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #10701
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I see poor old Daryl Maguire has resorted to self editing news articles to suit his agenda against "Dear Leader". Must be scraping the bottom of the barrel news sites to come up with bullsh*t stories like that.
Do you have a link for that?
Old 16-05-2021, 09:47 PM   #10702
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Everybody has the right to return to their country but nobody has a right to put someone else’s health at risk.
This is true. But every returning Australian citizen who arrives in Australia without Covid, also has a right to not contract Covid during hotel quarantine. No one has a right to put someone else's health at risk, as you've said. No one except our Federal government it seems.

Quote:
Howard Springs is a quarantine facility not a medical facility.
This is also true. But can you tell me how many times has there been a 'quarantine leak' from the Howard Springs facility? And then compare that to how many times there has been a 'quarantine leak' in hotel quarantine?

ScoMo is too busy spending your money trying to win a popularity contest for himself, rather than doing what is best for returning Australians, and the Australian public, by funding proper Howard Springs like facilities Australia wide! Cannot wait for the next election to vote this mug out. And I am ashamed to say that I had voted for this clown last time around. Won't happen next time that is for sure.
Old 16-05-2021, 10:49 PM   #10703
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Right policy, right intentions, poor execution. One bloke was allowed to board before getting his result. His PCR came back positive AFTER he landed in Darwin. How are you allowed to board if you haven't received your result?! Fortunately he has since tested negative.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...16-p57sbc.html

This is not just a problem for flights from India. As mentioned earlier, a work colleague of ours, in a different country, also had a false positive and wasn't allowed to board. In her case, I think she has to fork out the new tickets. Ouch! I think its the airlines who are responsible for arranging the tests.

Quote:
Yeah... sure he didn’t mean it after he was caught out on tape.

Interesting times ahead...
Do I sense premature schadenfreude? (is that a thing?) Seems like any dry news week in Victoria will inevitably bring out the "rumours" or "leaks" of secret footages or tapes, or the sacking of saboteur . Whatever rocks people's boats I suppose.

Personally don't have a problem if that was actually Sutton's view. Take what he say in good faith, a very highly regarded professional, and steered us through a crisis.
Old 17-05-2021, 04:36 AM   #10704
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Seems the UK is having trouble with the Indian variant.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...4-83c330526af6
The “Beeb” has a report suggesting variant-affected people in the UK are largely unvaccinated, and that presently offered vaccines suffice.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57134181
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #10705
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Do I sense premature schadenfreude? (is that a thing?) Seems like any dry news week in Victoria will inevitably bring out the "rumours" or "leaks" of secret footages or tapes, or the sacking of saboteur . Whatever rocks people's boats I suppose.

Personally don't have a problem if that was actually Sutton's view. Take what he say in good faith, a very highly regarded professional, and steered us through a crisis.
The Age reports are relayed from "government insiders". Maybe Spring St were lobbing a warning shot across his bow to tone it down. In any event, it sounds like the bromance is over.

From the same "sanitized" article

Quote:
Professor Sutton has remained outspoken since becoming a household name in Victoria last year. In January he used Twitter to rebut the government’s claim that he had not signed public health orders in time and last year revealed on radio that Melbourne’s night-time curfew was not his idea.
Old 17-05-2021, 08:41 AM   #10706
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well there you go. Regurgitating old news. So whats the agenda one might ask.

The speech was made at an official event, hardly some sort of secret expose recording that they were trying to make it out to be. Fancy selectively editing someone's speech to fill an agenda, then being forced to make a correction. One should have asked for the full conversation to verify context don't you think? Its a pretty damning accusation, you'd want to get it right.

I think its good that Sutton feels he can "speak out". Arms length and healthy tension is what is needed to keep each other accountable.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #10707
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Well there you go. Regurgitating old news. So what's the agenda one might ask.
I'd say the agenda is that Spring St isn't happy with Sutto's profile overshadowing someone else's...
Old 17-05-2021, 10:40 AM   #10708
Trevor 57
is now there

Got my COVID shot at my local GP last Friday, felt a bit **** Saturday, but feel fine today
Old 17-05-2021, 11:07 AM   #10709
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Personal attack? Really? Because you posted clearly incorrect claims? anyway...

This year is an election year? You are in the loop with everything politics and an expert in health!

British , Italian, French, Canadian Prime Ministers, WA Premier all on the first pages of a search. Morrison only had Pfizer as AZ was not released in Australia when he got his shot. Now it is open to over 50's you will see plenty of Ministers getting AZ.

Ahh...of course YOU got AZ so there's your point...aye mate?.
Good luck with your early adopter program...
Show me a front line worker who will get AZ...today...wonder why...

Old 17-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #10710
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
I'd say the agenda is that Spring St isn't happy with Sutto's profile overshadowing someone else's...
Sutto's got the tats man and flashed those guns while getting his shot. He's the glam boy of the medical world. I bet the GSS would love him as their very own.
Closed Thread