Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Robe

Default Radio Code?

This might come under the category of "Very Dumb Question" but does the standard radio/tape player in my AU 1 wagon have a security code?

I have to pull the trim off to replace a bunch of globes that should be illuminating the control knobs.

I would rather live with not knowing if the air was coming from outside or not at night than travel without the radio.

If the radio does have a code that has to entered if the radio has been disconnected how do I find out what it is? used:

Bog standard silver BF Wagon, except for the Elvis doll , on gas.

Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Association
www.VRRDA.com.au

2015 Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance State Championships
23 May 2015, Furlan Club, Thornbury
Robe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

It will have a code.
Have a look in the back of the glovebox manual, its often in there. Otherwise you will need to go to a Ford service centre and give them your cars VIN, they will tell you what the code is from that. Take proof of ownership (Rego doc) and some of them are known to charge up to $30 to look it up although they should just give it to you for free.
You cannot ring them and ask, they need to see the proof.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

i went and asked for mine then realised that it was written on the inside of the center console(open it and look at the hinge). Doesn't matter now, i've change the stereo anyway

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when new there is a little card supplied look for that as they don't put it in the book ( some owners do after they take delivery) other wise as stated go to a dealer
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post