Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Default toll car moveing from State to State

gday guys i need so info from people who would know that have moved cars intersate before

the issuse i have is i need to know if i can have 3 Locked suit cases and a Large Box in the back of the car with Belongings in it as im bringing all of my Best mates stuff home (vic) from WA as he has pass on ....

can anyone help in knowing if this is will be ok or has the car have to be empty.....

we are going to use toll as my mate works for them and they are looking after us

but the problem is i cant get enuf info on this subject

much help will be good

Thanks Andrew

Last edited by POELWYK; 01-04-2012 at 10:37 AM.
POELWYK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Default Re: toll car moveing from State to State

You can't. Cars need to have as little fuel in them as possible, and be cleaned inside and out. Even CD's etc need to be taken out of the car.
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

what uterous said... I had to remove the jack as it was not secured, in an early land cruiser! couldn't believe it. ended up sending the jack on a bus as freight.
with e-bay and things being sent now I would even consider aust post, as a thought.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

yeah i might have to..... the 3 cases are about 40KG and the box is close to 70.... as its full of tools and other things
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Kevaclone

has to do with weight also
if every car had 50kg-100kg of stuff in them and there are 8-10 cars it could be enough to put the truck over weight and the driver and company fined

years ago people would stuff their cars with as much stuff as they could, spare engines etc. Made for a very heavy load

Also loose items can be hazardous for many reasons
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
MkyHnly

I agree with the above, however a mate of mine picked up an S13 Silvia from QLD and got it freighted down to here (VIC).

He bought the car without a personal inspection, and to his surprise when it arrived he opened the boot and there was about $3k worth of stereo equipment in the boot (he purchased the car for way less than that).

Maybe it varies between companies how lenient they are on having loose luggage in the vehicle?
MkyHnly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevaclone
has to do with weight also
if every car had 50kg-100kg of stuff in them and there are 8-10 cars it could be enough to put the truck over weight and the driver and company fined

years ago people would stuff their cars with as much stuff as they could, spare engines etc. Made for a very heavy load

Also loose items can be hazardous for many reasons
I can see your point of view, but having said that, how much does the weight come into the equation? Would a Commodore / Falcon cost the same as, say a 5m tinny on a trailer that took up the same space?

Would a Prius cost the same as a Corolla?

I have never transported a car so I don't know.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its not totally the weight issue, more the liability if stuff gets pinched, plus the damage from bouncing round on the truck.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MkyHnly
I agree with the above, however a mate of mine picked up an S13 Silvia from QLD and got it freighted down to here (VIC).

He bought the car without a personal inspection, and to his surprise when it arrived he opened the boot and there was about $3k worth of stereo equipment in the boot (he purchased the car for way less than that).

Maybe it varies between companies how lenient they are on having loose luggage in the vehicle?
Or if they even check...

Toll are pretty hard... They go thru the car and look for damage etc.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
gday guys i need so info from people who would know that have moved cars intersate before

the issuse i have is i need to know if i can have 3 Locked suit cases and a Large Box in the back of the car with Belongings in it as im bringing all of my Best mates stuff home (vic) from WA as he has pass on ....

can anyone help in knowing if this is will be ok or has the car have to be empty.....

we are going to use toll as my mate works for them and they are looking after us

but the problem is i cant get enuf info on this subject

much help will be good

Thanks Andrew
p.m whoosha he works for toll doing trips over to wa all the time and he may be able to help you out with it

hope that helps

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

No loose items are to be in the car or boot ,no ifs or butts any more, its just not worth the head aches if it comes loose or gets pinched, we get stiched with that many damage claims your hair would curl as for the rest of the car ,clean is good as it can be surveyed properly for any marks or damage , call in if you want more info Andrew

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
prydey
Rob

have you tried putting it on the train? not sure if the rules are the same but when my brother moved to perth (from adelaide) about 15years ago, he filled his car to the brim with stuff.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post