Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Tobuyornottobuy
Starter Motor

Default Should I buy that WOVR?

this is a 2005 BF repairable write off, it has reverse sensors, spoiler and tinted windows.. The mechanic I'm buying from is an old friend that I trust, he wants 8,200$ for it Drive-away (inclusive of RWC, 1yr registration, four 17" Rims, VIV, plates and transfer of ownership). It has 110,429Km on the clock and it's straight gas...

The Chassis had not been bent, the bar above the radiator is slightly bent, 2 front lights, bonnet, front bumper, passenger side thingy will be changed. a new front grill will be installed.

I just want to know whether I'm getting a fair deal or not, and whether such damage may affect my driving later on?

PS, living in Melbourne, Victoria

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (65.5 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (62.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (61.4 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by Tobuyornottobuy; 01-04-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Tobuyornottobuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Kryton

Default Re: Should I buy that WOVR?

No.
You can buy an undamaged one for that price.
Once it listed as damaged, its ALWAYS listed as damaged and will ALWAYS be worth less than any othe rvehicle.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Tobuyornottobuy
Starter Motor

Sorry for a noob comment, but do you mean that even after it undego the repairs, passes the tests and stuff it'll still be written off under Vicroads policy ?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
something wrong
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobuyornottobuy
Sorry for a noob comment, but do you mean that even after it undego the repairs, passes the tests and stuff it'll still be written off under Vicroads policy ?
Yes once listed it stays listed for everyone to see
something wrong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
Kryton

Yes, it will ALWAYS be on the registry as having been written off - damaged.
You as a potential seller (when you decide to sell the vehicle) have to tell any potential buyers that its been damaged and is listed on the registry - this will turn off 99% of buyers.
Also dont know how you go with insurance either - i dont think most will touch it.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Yes, it will ALWAYS be on the registry as having been written off - damaged.
You as a potential seller (when you decide to sell the vehicle) have to tell any potential buyers that its been damaged and is listed on the registry - this will turn off 99% of buyers.
Also dont know how you go with insurance either - i dont think most will touch it.
All the above is correct and the same here in NSW though when my son was looking at a RW once recently he rang NRMA insurance and they had no probs with the fact it was an RW so long as it passed a roadworthy. Untill recently private sales in this regard were seller didn't have to disclose but now the do by law. My answer to you is NO do not buy.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

If it was 5 grand maybe...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #8
Tobuyornottobuy
Starter Motor

agree with all above but the price thing. I had checked 2005 Futura's that had been driven for less than 150,000Km's on carsales.com.au and none of them would cost less than 10,500AUD drive away.

All in all, I'll check with insurance companies, then try to push it for ~6 to 6.5grand and see how it goes from there...
Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #9
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

mate that car is wroth around 3 grand at pickles. I done a lot of viv cars in the past and im still doing them. And if you want a bf i would be looking at a late mark111 wagons with low kms.Thay are holding there money well thanks to ford for stoping them lol.I lust sold a bf mark111 wagon with 40,000 kays for 18k and it was a viv car. so theres no problem with viv cars theres put back together better then ford bulit them.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
Kryton

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/fixed...By=DESCRIPTION
Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a 4 grand car
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good if you could get it for a realistic price and have something like an XY-XC to chuck the running gear in and sell the rest for parts to offset the cost...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post