Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
street beast
PS13 K'S

Default AU series 1.5 Smartsheild update drive line into Series 2 ute

Hi guys, did a little research on this but didnt really find what i was looking for so figured id ask here,

i have a 2000 Series 2 AU falcon ute factroy 5L v8 auto, engines getting a little tired, so i picked up a Sep 99 series 1.5 AU xr8 sedan thats manual, without doing as much research as i should have.

now my question is snice the sedan has smart sheild, would i get away with swapping the manual Ecu BCM and ing into my series 2 and all be hunky dory or is it going to be a pain,

one final question is tailshaft is the ute auto tail shaft the same length as manual? cheers
street beast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2021, 05:18 AM   #2
street beast
PS13 K'S

Default Re: AU series 1.5 Smartsheild update drive line into Series 2 ute

conversion done, Tried it with the ECU,BCM, and colum out of the 1.5, no go, used the 1.5 engine ecu, series 2 bcm and collum with a pats relearn and all is sweet. utes up and running again. and the manual tailshaft was shorter
street beast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: