Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Falcon_Awesome

Default I got my P's

Finally, after a fair few goes and a lot of ******* testers I finally got a fair go and finally passed, almost faultlessly. It shows that certain testers are there to fail drivers by making them feel uncomfortable.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
BlackLS

What state? Congrats, the next year will be a steep learning curve. Respect your car, respect your licence, and you should be ok.

Go out on a nice cruise to celebrate! Can I ask what the other testers failed you on?
Old 13-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good work. Its a great feeling hey!

Just remember.... you're still learning. P's are the second stage of learning to drive a car.
Old 13-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Congratulations. But really... you should be able to drive well under any circumstances... there's more than a lot of assholes out on the road, they'll do their best to harass and distract you... gotta keep your cool and still keep to the rules.

But anyways, take care and have fun.
Old 13-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
Valknutr

shall we all run for the hills?? haha kidding, good on ya but dont become another statistic please
Old 13-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #6
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

Jeez i remember when i first got my licence, twas during school hours...before biglunch, so the word quickly spread that i had gotten my licence and next thing i know we were on our way to maccas, word of advice, if you dont want to be a taxi....Buy a UTE!!!, worked for me :nutsycuck
Old 13-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #7
Valknutr

ahahahaha taxi, im a taxi dont drink so im the dave all the time, still i earnt $50 for driving 5 mins once and then theres the numerous other times i have been paid for my time...... not only with driving hehe, so theres a plus side to being a taxi
Old 13-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #8
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
ahahahaha taxi, im a taxi dont drink so im the dave all the time, still i earnt $50 for driving 5 mins once and then theres the numerous other times i have been paid for my time...... not only with driving hehe, so theres a plus side to being a taxi
Haha, at least ur gettin paid..... I had tight *** freinds, that wouldnt shout anything. I was like that i didnt drink much, was designated driver and carrier most of the time, but now im the one drinking and being carried and loving it :
Old 13-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #9
Falcon_Awesome

I made the mistake of turning up to my first lesson with a Ford Racing shirt on, and im positive that they were against me after seeing that.

The officers were doing like pulling the handbrake on unneccersarily (had that guy 3 times) and acting like they were scared to be in the car which puts you off. But the guy I had yesterday made me feel really comfortable and I passed with ease because I felt I was given a fair chance.

I also failed by 2 or 3 points once because I didnt indicate left when exiting a roundabout when going straight ahead(didnt even know that rule existed) and for slowing down with gears.
Old 13-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #10
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Did you also get some methamphetamine?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #11
Valknutr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Did you also get some methamphetamine?
umm totally random comment
but about the pulling the handbrake, i didnt think they could/should do that, you are the driver (granted only on L's) and you have complete control and doing something liek that out of the blue is just a tad dangerous. Unless it was for hill starts and you forgot then tsk tsk naughty you
Old 13-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #12
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I failed a driving test recently and I'm 47. Nothing to do with tester only myself to blame A few small things but they all added up,at our local registry when you book they give you a quick heads up on what the testers will specifically be looking for,one of them I didn't do at all,my bad. At the end they explained why I had failed, I nearly kicked myself because I did somethings during my learning that my boss/supervising driver says he never does and didn't do them in the test. As for your indicating it is in the rule book and if you didn't do it enough times then you fail,I don't like the rule either but you only need to do it enough times to pass the test. Too many times we blame someone else for our own inabilities. (Mr Murphy).
Maybe he was scared,and maybe you were going too fast ( handbrake) and maybe you finally took heed as to what they told you how to drive which is why you passed. At a guess you must have taken the test 5 or more times.

Last edited by deesun; 13-10-2005 at 06:15 PM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #13
Falcon_Awesome

The handbrake incident was stationary, going to back out of a drive and he pulled it on because someone was parking.....on the other side of the road!! On which you could fit 4 lanes and in turn stuffed me up.

And the indicating rule wasnt in the rulebook I had (2 1/2 yrs ago) so I assume that is a reasonably new rule.

Anyway, time to forget all about it now because ive finally passed (minus $300).
Old 13-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #14
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_eAwesome
I made the mistake of turning up to my first lesson with a Ford Racing shirt on, and im positive that they were against me after seeing that.
hehe, i went for my p's wearing a FPR shirt

congrats on the p's.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #15
xrobx
Slammin'

Congrats on the pass! I'm sure it is real difficult and stressful taking the test.

Enjoy your licence and be responsible.

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #16
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
umm totally random comment
but about the pulling the handbrake, i didnt think they could/should do that, you are the driver (granted only on L's) and you have complete control and doing something liek that out of the blue is just a tad dangerous. Unless it was for hill starts and you forgot then tsk tsk naughty you
Lol, I thought the topic said 'I got my P'(the drug) when I first read it.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #17
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The handbrake incident was stationary, going to back out of a drive and he pulled it on because someone was parking.....on the other side of the road!! On which you could fit 4 lanes and in turn stuffed me up.

And the indicating rule wasnt in the rulebook I had (2 1/2 yrs ago) so I assume that is a reasonably new rule.

Anyway, time to forget all about it now because ive finally passed (minus $300).
Don't get me wrong I'm glad you got your licence but1 I would never have used a 2 year old handbook as rules change regularly and even though you have your licence it is your responsibility to keep up with the rules so its not time to forget about it. You have internet access and the latest versions of handbooks are available on the net. Instructor obviously saw a danger that you as a new driver did not recognise (better to be safe than sorry)which is why he pulled on the handbrake. Your ordeal should be a lesson to learn from and realise a licence is not a right but a privelidge. Happy driving
Old 13-10-2005, 08:04 PM   #18
Falcon_Awesome

He actually apoligized and admitted he was wrong :P

I got my L's 2yrs ago, so thats my fault.
Old 13-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #19
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

he is a serious question.

i have only got one manual in my family and its my xd and by the time i go for my licence it will be lowered with a sports muffler. Now for the question, do you guys think that will effect my chances of passing???? You recon they will think i am a rev head???

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847

Last edited by XD-Machine; 13-10-2005 at 09:26 PM.
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:28 PM   #20
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
The officers were doing things like pulling the handbrake on unneccersarily (had that guy 3 times) and acting like they were scared to be in the car which puts you off.
My examiner did the same thing to me while I was doing the 3 point turn, and backing towards a storm water canal.
Paniced me and I stalled the car (also manual). That was the last thing I had to do in the test before stopping back outside the RTA and she failed me for it.
Even my examiner said it was a load of shyte!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #21
snortycorty

I was told by an instructor that you could stall the car 3 times before they failed you.
I was lucky and passed with only one mistake which was forgetting to check my mirrors once, I was so proud!
The instructor also told me that she had seen people lose 8 points going for their their P's test, some failed and some passed, It depended on whether the test person reckons you're a competant driver or not. I thought that was interesting.
I have never had anyone pull the handbrake on me, what drove me nuts was in the instucting car how they can control the car as well, I'd go to take of and it'd be delayed cos the instructor was contolling it, I HATED it! I changed instructors and the new one was great, plus his car was 10 times better to drive.
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #22
CruizinEB
Banned

now try and keep your p's ;)
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #23
BLACK 6
★★★

well... I passed with 100% correct, no wrongs
nice work aswell. yeh it is a good feeling once you finally pass
BLACK 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #24
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Well done mate, PLEASE dont end up like most of the other P Platers i encounter
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #25
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Yer I failed my Ps first time around because of the indicating left when exiting roundabouts rule. Its a stupid rule, but they got me on it...

Passed second round perfectly.

Only problem is that my second test was 2 days after the 11th of July when the new NSW legislation about P platers driving V8s and Forced induction cars was brought in.

GRRR!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post