Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BP 95ron Premium unleaded

We only use the abovementioned fuel and always purchased at one of two locations nearby, but as i went to fill up this afternoon i noticed there is no 95 premium anymore. Can anyone enlighten me as to when this was introduced?

Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
We only use the abovementioned fuel and always purchased at one of two locations nearby, but as i went to fill up this afternoon i noticed there is no 95 premium anymore. Can anyone enlighten me as to when this was introduced?
They've been slowly phasing it out for a while now. Apparently they're making way for more diesel pumps.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Interesting ??.
I wonder now if fuel company's/servo owner's will get some sort of kick back/endorsement from the goverment to make way for more cleaner/greener fuel readily available, condersing the push for cleaner Bio fuel's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Interesting ??.
I wonder now if fuel company's/servo owner's will get some sort of kick back/endorsement from the goverment to make way for more cleaner/greener fuel readily available, condersing the push for cleaner Bio fuel's.
Doubt it, I think they've just seen that a lot more cars are available as a diesel now and that a lot more people are buying them. That makes the extra diesel pumps a financially better option since anyone who needs to use premo fuel will have no choice but to use Ultimate now.

It's win-win for them.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Doubt it, I think they've just seen that a lot more cars are available as a diesel now and that a lot more people are buying them. That makes the extra diesel pumps a financially better option since anyone who needs to use premo fuel will have no choice but to use Ultimate now.

It's win-win for them.
Yeah how very true, and both of those fuels are their highest $$ one's aswell.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yeah how very true, and both of those fuels are their highest $$ one's aswell.
Precisely, it's actually a pretty smart ploy by BP.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought they would be phasing it out for more e10 (or whatever they call it) rather than diesel...
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
Mick K.

In Brisbane, our local Shell charges 17c per litre extra for 98 RON VPower over standard 91RON unleaded, their 95RON fuel was phased out a year or so ago. Caltex / Woolworths still have Vortex 95 - 11c per litre more than ULP, but also bringing in Vortex 98 at a higher price. Our local BP just had a refurb and now has no 95 pumps.

Unfortunately I don't think 95 RON (not E10) will be available for long if the fuel companies can force people to pay 15% extra or so for 98.

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post