Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Default Found my old coupe...in bits on ebay.

Gday Folks,

One young (well getting old now) mans tale of woe!

After popping another 351 in my XE today when I was being a bit "vigorous" I figured I would have a look at ebay and see what fords were about.
I figured living near the ocean now my XE is going to rust out pretty quick so I might buy another falcon to replace it rather than spend more cash on one I will get rid of soon anyway.........simple enough innit?

Browising ebay and I see a photo that was taken by ME where I used to LIVE a few years back of MY old bloody XC coupe! I assumed at first someone had ripped the pics off here and was using them to scam someone as the pic had been photoshoped to look like it had red brakes.

Read it and no its no scam , its my old coupe that I sold because of my misguided love for a evil woman (who is long gone) that is now in pieces (or even more pieces than I had it in) with no motor etc......just a roller pretty much.
I had to tell you I had a tear in my eye.

Two guys split it when they bought it , one wanted the motor to put in san XA I think it was (6/71 blown 4v stroker) and the body was supposed to be done up by the other guy who was talking retro tech stuff. I was kinda happy to think at least it was going somewhere where it would be on the road and stuff again but it wasnt to be........

http://cgi.ebay.com/XC-COUPE-For-Sal...QQcmdZViewItem

I would love to buy it back but that would be pointless and it missing the big dollar bits anyway now , but I have spent many a night missing that car and wishing I had never let it go.

All you young ones out there when you get something special , dont let it go!! And I dont mean women!!

Im going to drink a quiet beer now and bang my head on the empty bottle. :

bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I saw that and knew I'd seen it before. Sucks hey mate?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

"I was told by an expert that there are now more coupes in the USA than in Australia."

I love experts.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:54 AM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Experts = paranoid idiots.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #5
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
Gday Folks,

One young (well getting old now) mans tale of woe!

After popping another 351 in my XE today when I was being a bit "vigorous" I figured I would have a look at ebay and see what fords were about.
I figured living near the ocean now my XE is going to rust out pretty quick so I might buy another falcon to replace it rather than spend more cash on one I will get rid of soon anyway.........simple enough innit?

Browising ebay and I see a photo that was taken by ME where I used to LIVE a few years back of MY old bloody XC coupe! I assumed at first someone had ripped the pics off here and was using them to scam someone as the pic had been photoshoped to look like it had red brakes.

Read it and no its no scam , its my old coupe that I sold because of my misguided love for a evil woman (who is long gone) that is now in pieces (or even more pieces than I had it in) with no motor etc......just a roller pretty much.
I had to tell you I had a tear in my eye.

Two guys split it when they bought it , one wanted the motor to put in san XA I think it was (6/71 blown 4v stroker) and the body was supposed to be done up by the other guy who was talking retro tech stuff. I was kinda happy to think at least it was going somewhere where it would be on the road and stuff again but it wasnt to be........

http://cgi.ebay.com/XC-COUPE-For-Sal...QQcmdZViewItem

I would love to buy it back but that would be pointless and it missing the big dollar bits anyway now , but I have spent many a night missing that car and wishing I had never let it go.

All you young ones out there when you get something special , dont let it go!! And I dont mean women!!

Im going to drink a quiet beer now and bang my head on the empty bottle. :
I could sell you a Black XB coupe for $10k if you want :

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #6
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Thanks GTENVY but I dont have anywhere to put it! Hell my first thought was buy the shell back and rebuild my old coupe again myself but I dont have anywhere to put the bloody thing now!
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #7
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Last edited by XD 351 Ute; 13-08-2005 at 12:55 PM. Reason: delete me please.....
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #8
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Heh, the old "car I used to have & wish I still did" syndrome..........

It's a painful thing to go through, especially if you find your old car in a condition such as this.

I haven't had the same problem yet, but my old wagon is down south somewhere, apparently with a big block crammed in it's engine bay.

I just hope she's still goingg good!

I wish I still had my first ute, but I broke it when I was 19.
Now that I have my new 351 ute, the pain isn't quite so bad, but you never forget!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
Thanks GTENVY but I dont have anywhere to put it! Hell my first thought was buy the shell back and rebuild my old coupe again myself but I dont have anywhere to put the bloody thing now!
I've got a garage you can store it in. :Up_to_som
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #10
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I take my hat off to you.... being able to decide to sell it would have been painful enough !!! and seeing it again with the possibility to perhaps buy it back!??!?
Old 13-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
347Stroker
Banned

When I sold my XB coupe, it left on a trailer, and they lost control towing it home, and fell off the road resulting in one immaculate coupe with a car trailer sitting on top of it....in amongst alot of trees.
Needless to say, it was in no way salvageable, and I was only the second owner.
These idiots had only owned it for 15 minutes, after I had had it for 12 years, without ever marking it......

Somebody say shattered??????
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #12
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

The love of my life (black HQ) was totalled by the P-plater ******** who bought it 6 days after he picked it up. My only consolation is that he hadn't insured it yet, and lost a packet.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 03:41 AM   #13
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

bdave351,... you ..............:.. need a fresh project . Its time to find a new love. py: ............................ junk the junk.