Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default July 2005 Car Sales

The statistical data and commentary are available HERE

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Thanks, as usual Russ. I love looking at it graphically!

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
paul7v7
bring it on

thanks russ.
worse thing about this month is the dismal performance of both terris and falcons. my god the corrolla even beat the falcon.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Territory has seriously hurt Falcon sales...

The amount of people going from Falcons to Territories is frightening, you really have to question yourself whether the Territory was worth it as what its made alot has been lost in the Falcon segment.

I think the writing is on the wall and the BA has just about had its use by date... For Ford to get the Falcon numbers back up there they are going to have to do some serious fighting when the Mark III appears later this year..... There has to be something wrong for Holden to still be infront considering what their car has to offer compared with the Falcon..
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 02:09 AM   #5
Danny
GT4.

I'm Apalled by the Fiesta's sales. Thats crazy as they are a great car, but I think that its how they're priced that hurts them. They are more a premium hatch rather than the no frills kind of car like echo or getz.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 02:37 AM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I'm Apalled by the Fiesta's sales. Thats crazy as they are a great car, but I think that its how they're priced that hurts them. They are more a premium hatch rather than the no frills kind of car like echo or getz.
I think you're right there, was talking to NCS today and they were saying that Mazda2/3 are also jumping in on Fez buyers a bit. Corolla is also something people are looking at. The Fez' are doing quite well down here but that said I was at the Mazda dealership a few days back, all their floorstock is sold but cant be taken until new display models arrive and they're backlogged for vehicles ordered up to 2 months ago. Seems like everybody is liking the new Mazdas too.
Old 13-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

The price isn't that bad on the Fiesta, the public awareness of the model IS.

How Ford can go so long without actually advertising the damn thing is staggering. Ford, PULL YOUR DAMN FINGER OUT. People aint gonna think about buying a car if they dont know it ing exists.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
WASP
Whipple Induced

Ford know that the Fiesta is not priced ideally to complete strongly in that market space. Buyers in that market space are very price driven and won't make a purchasing desicion just because they like the car. They may like it but the other cheaper alternatives will do the job won't they?? type of thinking...

No point throwing good money at an advertising campaign that will mostly likey entertain, but fail to call to action. Better to work on getting the pricing right (if profitable) and then develop a campaign to change buyer perceptions about the brand.
Old 13-08-2005, 11:47 PM   #9
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
thanks russ.
worse thing about this month is the dismal performance of both terris and falcons. my god the corrolla even beat the falcon.
The AU's got a bagging for being done in the sales race against commodors. But at least they hung onto second spot.
But the lastest ugly nosed Toyota Corollas doing the BA's by nearly a 1,000 units & the Mazda 3 with supply problems are breathing down the BA's neck plus the price of fuel lately ford might have the Falcon slip futher down the list.
Ford better hope the Focus sells better this time around with the new models

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #10
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I would seriously consider making the fiesta as cheap as possible to compete with the Getz. If not it may be in their interests to find a cheaper model because as soon as Holden's Daewoo/Barina hits the market, then we'll see the Fiesta going extinct.

People buying a small car are only after one thing... a bargin. Nobody gives a sh*t whether a small car is built in Germany or if it's built in Mexico, as long as it's cheap and looks somewhat respectable it will sell. Until Ford learn this then their small cars will not match the competitors. On the positive side, at least the Focus is getting some attention on tv now
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #11
XAGSV8
Member 178

From what I heard there was external company's that were having strikes and this put Fords production line out for five days.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #12
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
The AU's got a bagging for being done in the sales race against commodors. But at least they hung onto second spot.
No actually. The Hyuandai Excell did it to the AU as well.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA
From what I heard there was external company's that were having strikes and this put Fords production line out for five days.
It was 3 days and it didn't affect numbers as the sales were low anyway, no need to build cars when no one is buying them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post