Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 22-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Question AFF Photography

Hi guys,

Just a suggestion.

Ive realised we have a lot of avid photographers on the forum here.

Could I suggest we have monthly comps with different topics for each month. Cars, Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Environment, Water, the topics are endless.

The way it works is people send their entries to someones email, the advisors choose the best 3-5 and they are put up on a voting thread for members to vote on.

The winners could maybe win gift packs from site sponsors, or NOTHING (haha) up to you.

Im on another forum and they do this and its pretty good..!

APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
parawolf
beep beep

Nice idea... however how (if possible) would you enforce originality/authenticity of the photos? For example would you expect the photo to be taken that month? How do you determine the photo was taken by the poster?
Old 22-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

You'd have to trust the person posting it. I know, sounds stupid but its no National Geographic competition haha, so I dont see why you would lie, but I do understand where you are coming from.

Each month a topic is chosen and the majority of people will need to take the photo that month, but under some circumstances someone will have a picture of that topic, and again we'd have to trust the poster..
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

By that token, how do you know if the chops submitted are done by those that submit them?

Also, if someone had a pic of the subject already. As long as they took it it dosnt really matter.

The hard part would be making sure they actually took it but as i said above all the chop comps cant prove the work was done by the submitter, so its no different really.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post