Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #241
HSE2

So does that mean that if some of these design cues are also part of our historical past that we too are bogans or portions there of?
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #242
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Oh, that's what I like about it. _2: Same reason I like this also I guess, but this one's about $80k more expensive and has a much more exclusive badge.
Even though AMG Mercs are very bling bling pimptastic, love it or hate them the designs work. With the sort of prices those Mercs go for, maybe theyre a cashed up bogans idea of what a euro performance car looks like?
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #243
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
So does that mean that if some of these design cues are also part of our historical past that we too are bogans or portions there of?
Ford have never combined them all at once in such a mish mash as this.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #244
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Ian, just quitely I believe the likes of you, or I are quite possible bogans, or portions there of.. I'm just looking at the 'historical' styling cues on this latest model and are left totally comfortable and at home with them and it's not even a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
With the sort of prices those Mercs go for, maybe theyre a cashed up bogans idea of what a euro performance car looks like?
Maybe you're right. They sure do appeal to me, along with the V8 powered M3's.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #245
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The bonnet is too much, but the rest isnt that bad.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #246
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The bonnet is too much, but the rest isnt that bad.

Agreed, but I would still wanna see it in the flesh.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #247
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Agreed, but I would still wanna see it in the flesh.
Its not that bad...

Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #248
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Ian, just quitely I believe the likes of you, or I are quite possible bogans, or portions there of.. I'm just looking at the 'historical' styling cues on this latest model and are left totally comfortable and at home with them and it's not even a Ford.

Maybe you're right. They sure do appeal to me, along with the V8 powered M3's.

Well I can live with that for myself due to my hair but you on the other hand, if that’s an association that applies to you, then I am going to moderate the term out of existence. ;)
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 03-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #249
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford have never combined them all at once in such a mish mash as this.
I think the latest HSV is big enough, fat enough, fast enough and bold enough to pull it off. The very nature of the VE shape represents total over kill, unlike the the more stuble cues of the FG. Don't get me wrong, I think the FG looks great (I bought one), but as the bogan I must be, I would like to see Ford/FPV get a little over the top, a little wild more often, without resorting to vinyl or painted highlights to create a statement. The last time I bore witness to this was with the launch of the T3 and boy was I a proud blue blood then.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #250
HSE2

with thanks to redoctober from LS1

A quote from Motor Mag

But it's the flaghsip GTS that has recieved the most attention, and returns to its heroic palce as the fastest, most powerful Aussie-made sedan on the market.

The 6.2-litre LS3 V8 has been tuned to now deliver 325kW and features a Competition Mode within the electronic brain that sharpens the throttle response and relaxes the intervention from the ESP. A launch control function will be fitted on manual versions, which optimises the revs of consistent sub five-second sprints to triple figures.

And the GTS can also be fitted with the six-piston brakes from the 7.0-litre W427. All other models continue with the 317kW LS3, although HSV claims to have made significant improvements in fuel economy.

From a visual perspective, all variants receive a striking new front bumper with the aforementioned LEDs, plus a revised rear bumper with inegrated stainless-steel exhaust tips. All apart from the Senator will feature the Pontiac G8 GXP's twin-scooped bonnet.

As part of the expanded options list, the Clubsport R8 can now be ordered with a new sports suspension that is 25 percent stiffer and 10 mm lower
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #251
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

And the GTS can also be fitted with the six-piston brakes from the 7.0-litre W427. All other models continue with the 317kW LS3, although HSV claims to have made significant improvements in fuel economy.

As part of the expanded options list, the Clubsport R8 can now be ordered with a new sports suspension that is 25 percent stiffer and 10 mm lower
HSV trying to get rid of the stockpile of leftover WD40 parts?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #252
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even though I dont like the looks of this new HSV, I have never liked any HSV vehicle at launch but after time have grown to like them. I would be interesting to see what they do with Senator and Grange.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #253
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

OMG...

The VS GTS-R has better design flow than the e2, that is seriously shocking. Its an autobarn special, does every panel really need a vent or some gimmick on it?

What I will give them points for is keeping their brand easily identifiable.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #254
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
HSV trying to get rid of the stockpile of leftover WD40 parts?

That’s one way to look at it.

Another is that the W427 allowed for such development in the first place and now the option and luxury for that development continues on as an option closing the gap or hole in the developmental budget.

The one thing that does surprise me is that HSV have elected to try and market 327. At 325 that opportunity is gone. Anything adding 2 kws will be seen as a joke.

Perhaps ther next R8 movement might be to go to 327

Last edited by HSE2; 03-09-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #255
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

As myself and others noted when the spy pics were leaked...this is not a cohesive design. What the straight on shot does not illustrate (but the now confirmed spy pics do) is that the front of the new E2 is very elongated. It has a probiscus style nose (like Ford uses globally) and is going for an almost 'sleek' look in profile. But then you see the squared off VE body (particualry the haunches/wheel arches) and it just doesnt work. To top it off they went for some very commonly used tricks to make it aggressive - the eyebrows above the foglights are very pronounced to try and 'push out' the front airdam. The audi style LED running lights are way too low and too big - why they are integrated into the fog lights i have no idea - when the fogies are on the yellow and white LED lights will look very bad. The trapezoidal grill is also a little curious...given it is used by their direct competitor and frankly does not work at all with the rest of the front end treatment. Plus they went for bonnet scoops too...oh please if there were any more intake holes in the front of this thing it would be a fighter jet!!!!

Some may say it is just the usual HSV 'aggression' styling. BUT, love it or hate it the VE HSVs were intergrated. The black plastic fog light set up was a bit try hard but other than that it was a mean, squred off, teutonic look. This is fussy, very fussy. Also some of the optoins they have taken are very strange....i cant' think of any other car that has a twin nostrel upper grill (angular at that) but has a fully open trapezoidal lower grill...it doesn't work. No wonder people are saying it looks 'aftermarket'....this is exactly what happens in many cases when people fit ebay style kits to their cars. The lower valence looks great by itself but is a disaster when combined with the rest of the nosecone (lights/upper grill etc.).

In general i wait to see a few examples of a car in the flesh before i make up my mind but this one i don't think i have to. It doesn't work.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #256
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
and returns to its heroic palce as the fastest Aussie-made sedan on the market.
Big statement there. If its acceleration there talking about will still have trouble with the F6 down the strip I would say. GTS was already quicker around a track.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #257
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Big statement there. If its acceleration there talking about will still have trouble with the F6 down the strip I would say. GTS was already quicker around a track.

I tend to agree.
Also, this "fastest aussie made" stuff is nonsense.
Fastest Aussie Assembled more like it as over 87% of the components are foreign. Screw Holden and their Bogan Special Vehicles.

Quote: