Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #2461
ELCHASER

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey all,

Ive browsed this site heaps and finally joined hope to learn some new things and help out where i can.

Cheers
ELCHASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #2462
mancavedweller

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent control blade article. 

Hi Everyone,

just like to say hi and also thanks to any contributors. I've already saved myself a couple hundred dollars by being able to fix the headlight switch wires on my Ford Territory TX 2006.

Found out from the forum that the wires in the "stalk" of the headlight switch break a lot. Prior to this I'd actually removed the entire switch combination unit behind the steering wheel. Thought the high/low/flash switch had been the culprit and actually did micro surgery on it, feeling all good with myself. Put everything back together and didn't work. Came to the forum and found the answer. Obviously I got the order of things wrong, forum first next time.

I used to be a sparky, and I'm shocked at the crappy wires Ford are using at a point of regular flex. All of the wires in the stalk have gone rock hard at the bend point. They should be using something like soft silicon wires that get used on test meters. I'm chopping out the bad bits and soldering in silicon wires.
mancavedweller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #2463
mitchell_2511
Starter Motor

hey everyone first time iv logged in and posted.
was wondering you anybody would be interested in a set of custom plates for a XR8 or GT or any tuff street car.
they are NSW plates and say " BOSSIN"

msg or call if interested 0434701815
mitchell_2511 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #2464
fordmick
Starter Motor

good evening everyone
well its been about 15 years since i touched a car, so i am well behind the eightball and out of touch with any and all contacts.
so i have started back with a 1983 f100, 302 clevo.
bought the car 2 years ago drove it around 12 months whilst lineing up all my ducks and getting some bits and peices ready.
so here we go.
look forward to any and all help and chatting with all you car nutters, lol.

Last edited by fordmick; 03-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.
fordmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #2465
Soarer4gt
Starter Motor

Evening all,
Thanks for the site.. Been into classic fords since the age of 17.. Currently have a 67 xr fairmont undergoing full rottiserie resto.. Taking a long time cos of limited funds...
Soarer4gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #2466
kevinH
Starter Motor

Hi everyone

New here. Registered here as I saw thread (through google) regarding how to fix power steering fluid leaking.
kevinH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #2467
laurencelr1
Starter Motor

Default New engine

Hey guys I own a EA falcon and on the weekend I pulled out the old CPI engine and put a EB XR6 in it. It turns over but won't fire. I think all the hoses and wires are in the correct place but I'm not sure plus ive got a few hoses left over.

Can someone that has done this conversion or another MPI engine in a CPI car please help
laurencelr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #2468
arunzachariah
Starter Motor

Hi All,
I am new to the forum. Getting a lot of information regarding Ford Territory.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Howdy all Newbies!

Welcome to Fordforums.com.au

: : : : :

This is the place to introduce yourself and your ride, most of all enjoy your stay!

: : :nutsycuck : :
arunzachariah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #2469
oceandowns
FiFi

Hi All! First post, new member, feeling a bit intimidated by all those big sixers and V8s but I'll get over that. Just returned to the Ford fold, recently bought Ford Fiesta Econetic in Qld, put a set of CSA 15" Spyders on her and drove back to SA. 4.4L/100km, very happy with that. Lime squeeze in colour, have named her Fifi, girlie name, girlie car, girl driver. Have owned Lasers (x3) and a BA before. Have struck a hitch trying to register in SA, can't find the engine number location. Anyone able to help with that, please?
oceandowns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #2470
ryno66
Starter Motor

hi guys, my name is ryan i,m from perth been looking at the forum for a while
now and i thought what the hell. always been into ford mainly late 60,s to early 70,s had an xr gt along with a few other falcons the last 20 odd years
i,ve been into f trucks here is my 1968 f350 its just had a mild build..
hope you guys like it...

Attachment 74555
Attachment 74556
Attachment 74557
Attachment 74558

Last edited by ryno66; 04-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.
ryno66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #2471
XRsam

Hi everyone! I'm Sam, I am new here.
I currently own a Mercury BA XR6, and i look forward to getting input from everyone to help me decide what to do to make it unique.

Cheers, Sam.
XRsam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #2472
normb
Starter Motor

Hi to all in the Ford Forum,
My name in Norm, have been a member since 07 but this is my first time on the keyboard in this forum. I have used this forum over the years and have had much success with the information in it.
normb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #2473
gothca
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Steve here, just dropping by to say hi and to thank all the knowledgeable 'gurus' on here that are always happy to impart their wisdom in a friendly way to those of us who ask, it's always much appreciated !! Five month owner of a new, manual, FGII F6 in silhouette.

Cheers.
gothca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #2474
FPV-F6-310
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi to all.

Just wanting to say how privelleged I am to now be a member of this forum and to hopefully find out a lot of stuff about Fords in particular.

I look forward to reading and writing posts here.
FPV-F6-310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #2475
Crocket
Starter Motor

Hi to all, have several questions to ask about FG's which is why i joined so i hope someone is able to answer for me!!!
Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #2476
KiwiJohn
Starter Motor

Gidday, I am John from near Christchurch in NZ. My daily drive is a Regency red XH XR6 I bought new and will probably have until they nail me in my box! 230K so far.
KiwiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #2477
GOAT
Starter Motor

G,day all,my name is Ricky.Im from the eastern subs of victoria i have a couple of fords and allways havex2 au te50 very nice car and a ghia for the run around car,both great cars looked hard till i found them both,love my te looking forward to chating or even cruzeing with you guys
GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #2478
tebld2
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Howdy,

Just joined, have looked at the site a little bit over the years and have been looking out for a nice Ford to buy since off loading my original ones back in the early 90's. First car being a very original XY Sedan, 3 on the tree, 250 which I sold for a XC GXL 250 auto, (wished I'd kept the XY). From there went on to and I find this hard to say but 2 x mitsubishi cordia turbo's before doing the family thing and getting a whole heap of very reliable toyota's.

Well I'm glad to say that I have just found a low km, low bld #2, series 1 TE50 which is sparkling burgandy, 5 speed and completely stock. Picked the car up in Victoria on Saturday morning at 10am and drove non stop with a co-driver back to Perth arriving 44 hours later at 6am Monday morning. Car didn't miss a beat and handling on the Great Ocean Drive (yes we went the long way) was fantastic, I told the missus I am now contemplating moving to Victoria just so I could drive that bit of road every weekend.

Anyway car has a few issues as I would imagine they all do, a couple of the power windows don't exactly work like they should, passenger side drivers seat rod lever well thingamagig under the seat that releases the seat adjuster is missing a clip and as such wasn't moving the seat, and there is a clunking noise on slow take off, sounds like tailshaft but could be loose exhaust braket. Boot gas struts have had it so I'll have to source another of those and the radio only turns up and down with the steering wheel controller.

If anyone has had the same issues with their AU's please let me know any help would be appreciated.

One intersting thing that I found out once I got back to WA is that although the car is registered in Victoria until January 2013, as I am a WA resident the minute I paid for the car with the intention of returning it to WA the vehicles license becomes nul and void. I apparently drove the thing all the way back to Perth unregistered (fantastic). I had previously been on the Department of Transport website and couldn't find anything to suggest this is the case although I was aware that the car needed to go over the pits in Perth because I hadn't owned it in VIC for 12 months before it didn't say anything about vehicle needing permits to drive it back if you purchase a vehicle in another state with the intention of moving back to Perth. Any one had similar experience??

Anyway got the car booked in to BPT performance Wangara to get these things checked out and have the car booked in for licensing next Friday so apart from a few minor issues I can't see it having any problems getting through.

I know this was supposed to be a welcome post so sorry to dribble on a bit but pretty excited about having the TE, I love it.
tebld2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #2479
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard everyone. Great to have you all here

Cheers
Col
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #2480
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno66
hi guys, my name is ryan i,m from perth been looking at the forum for a while
now and i thought what the hell. always been into ford mainly late 60,s to early 70,s had an xr gt along with a few other falcons the last 20 odd years
i,ve been into f trucks here is my 1968 f350 its just had a mild build..
hope you guys like it...

Attachment 74555
Attachment 74556
Attachment 74557
Attachment 74558
Having a bit of trouble seeing those links. Going by your avatar it's a nice looking unit.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #2481
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebld2
I know this was supposed to be a welcome post so sorry to dribble on a bit but pretty excited about having the TE, I love it.
I'd love to get a T series too. Congrats.
Have you been here yet?
http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=178
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #2482
ryno66
Starter Motor

here guys i,ll try again with some photos
Attachment 74576

Attachment 74577

Attachment 74578

Last edited by ryno66; 12-09-2012 at 12:07 PM.
ryno66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #2483
DrQlock

Hi im Drqlock. Been a ford fan for ages, got a 78 Fairlane 351 which im going to resto
DrQlock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #2484
nahor2003
Starter Motor

Hi there . An uncle of mine just bought an xa gs futura genuine to restore . It is 351 2v , 4speed , 9 " .
nahor2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #2485
BA 240
Starter Motor

Hi all. Names Matt. Long time reader, 1st time poster. First of all, I would like to say thank you for the vast amount of useful information that is readily available on this site.I have beeen playing around with cars, mainly Fords, for sometime now and everytime I have had a question or needed information, this site was my first point of reference.
I currently have 2 projects on the go at the moment. Project 1 is a 1965 XR Wagon. Started off as a typical V8 conversion (302 CLEVO with a C4 Auto) for the sole purpose of "cruising". After 8 months and a small fortune later, its turned into a bit of a sleeper (393 Stroker, Gilmer Kit, Lowered suspension - you get the idea). 2nd project is a 1974 XB Sedan. Again, typical V8 conversion that got way out of hand. Have invested 5 years and yet another small fortune into this beast and I reckon I'm still 2 years away from having it finished. Daily driver is a 2003 BA Ute, 5.4 ltr V8 with 4spd auto. Barossa red with G220 interior, XR8 Cluster, Fairmont Grille and "Halo" headlights. The wifes car is a 2004 BA MK2 Fairlane Ghia. White with Bone Leather Interior. Olny thing that lets it down is the 4ltr 6 cylinder. Thats my opinion anyway
Well thats about it at this stage. If there are any questions that you think I maybe able help with, please dont hesitate to ask. I am a digital electronics technician by trade so I maight be able to help with auto electrical problems, computer issues as well as other vehicle related issues. Also interested in cruises if anyone wants to get something happening in Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
Cheers for now.
Matt
BA 240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #2486
holybladed
Starter Motor

hey everyone im new to this and im just wondering if anyone has a 250 xflow they willing to sell as i blew mine up in my XF and require one asap but there getting harder to find if u could private message me that would be great thanks
holybladed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #2487
paulysFord
97fairmontGHIAtickford

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

howdy new here really liking the site and all sorts of information there is about fords its awesome. i just recently bought a 97 fairmont ghia its my second car and im absaloutly loving it, so pretty excited to read stuff about them on hear and get to talk to some cool people.
paulysFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #2488
pursuit2359

Hi all,
I registered a while ago but never got around to introducing myself. Anyway, my name's Steve and I've got a 1998 EL Falcon. I'd say it's a GLi but the G got lost somewhere along the way - so now it's just an Li ;)

I'd like to say thanks to all the members and mods who make this forum a great place. Hopefully I can contribute more in the future.

Cheers,
Steve
pursuit2359 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #2489
DavesUte
Starter Motor

Gday every one ;)
Daves my name and of course i have an XG ute with an EL Tickford and 5 speed.

Its not my first ford,the first one was a V8 pilot when i was a young lad,it was used as a paddock basher.........i paid $100 for it !! Then a XY GT in Vermillion Fire, a Surferroo in Surfer Orange,the XC GXL that was provided by White City in Sydney to the 1978 Perth Motor Show.

Im located at Millicent South Aust and work at a Ford wreckers.

Cheers.

Dave
DavesUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #2490
jay constantine
Starter Motor

hi fordsters just wondering can any1 tell me anything about This D block JG34LJ 15124K ????IM THINKN ABOUT REBUILDING IT TO PUT IN MY XW UTE..
jay constantine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post