Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #2281
AOG
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,

Just come across this forum which has some great information on it. Just ordered a new Territory SZ Limited Edition Diesel. Previous cars include the current(soon to be ex) Territory SY TX, 1985 Telstar Ghia and the EA Falcon.

Look forward to learning more from all of you, plus sharing what i know which isn't much.

Cheers
AOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #2282
BillyBolgart
Starter Motor

Hello,BillyBolgart here,
I own a stock standard 2000 AU11 Fairmont and I browsed this forum through Google trying to find out what is wrong with my drivers door lock....it was very helpfull thank you.
The car I sold when I bought the Ford was a 1985 Corvette Coupe Red on Red and fully loaded with a Greg Morris conversion.

Couldent drive it back to WA from Sydney which is a bit sad,but physically it would of been too hard on my spine (the reason for being in Sydney)

I just put Polar White globes in it as the guy i bought it off rewired it to take high/low beam globes and they were 100 watters (you got to be kidding me)
and when i drove it home from Horsley Park to Smithfield it just smoked from under the bonnet??
fixed it and drove straight across the Nullabor,sat on 109 klms all the way and averaged 9.3 litres per 100 klms (impressive)

Put nearly 35,000 klms in 12 months and for a car that cost $1700 bucks plus $300 to rewire the lights and fit Polar Whites methinks i got a good deal!!!!!

I wish i still had the Vette but thats life.
And if anyone is fond of XW GTHO's well in 1969 I was an apprentice motor mechanic for Peter Warren Ford Fairfield and every car that had a PD done to it was taken out for a road test to Smithfield tip,which was next to where the RSL is and the mechanics used to let us apprentices flog em,what a buzz,dident even have a licence.Good fun.

Regards BB

Last edited by BillyBolgart; 02-08-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: missed a word explaining that the tip was there next to the RSL
BillyBolgart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #2283
mymokos13
Starter Motor

Hi all. My name is Wozza. Got my first ford last year & have never looked back. '05 Ba Xr8. When i figure out how to, I will post sum pix. Love the website. Hope to chat to yous sopn Thanks.
mymokos13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #2284
PezzF6
Starter Motor

Hey all,
I'm a newbie and as this is my first post I might as well introduce myself and my ride.

2011 FG F6 auto making 400.7Kw ATW
Process west stage 3 IC kit
Process west Intake kit
Process west battery relocation kit
Injector dynamics 750cc injectors
CES 4" stainless front pipe and 100cell high flow 4in cat
Walbro Intank 400lph fuel pump
Custom tuning at Rajab Performance

Ridiculously fun!!!
Thanks guys
PezzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #2285
captaincarl
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Ex Navy Marine engineer, this site has assisted me no end with some issues with my 2006 BF XR6 Ute. Thought it was time to join up keep up the good work. Cheers Captaincarl.
captaincarl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #2286
mattisfaction
Starter Motor

Hey all just joined up and thought I'd say g'day.
Name is Matt and live in Williams WA (south of Perth-2 hours)

Just sold my 2005 XR6 that I brought when it was a year old, we put 171000kms on that car and never had a drama with it.
Picked up a 2009 FPV GS302, lightning strike in colour, full leather etc.
Loving it so far!

My whole family is rocking the Fords, mum and dad have a 2010 FG XR6,
Older sister has a 2005 XR6, brother in law 2007 XR6, younger sister has a 2005 fairmont factory gas, other bother in law has a 2004 XT.

Im also into the bikes, have a 2003 Ducati 749 and a 2010 YZ250 2 stroke.
My kids have a YZ80, KX60 and a PMX50.

Enough toys to keep the pockets light!

Good site this one, lots of info, look forward to contributing.
mattisfaction is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #2287
maxsusie
Starter Motor

Hi Folks new to the forum prompted to join as I just purchased a new territory 7 seats and enjoying finding some of the features
maxsusie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #2288
KILR B
Starter Motor

Hi all I'm new to this and love fords
KILR B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #2289
KILR B
Starter Motor

How do I put a pics as my profile pics any one know
KILR B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #2290
TRass
Starter Motor

Hi guy's, glad to be here, I trundle around in an BA MKII X-paddy wagon in winter white, I used to own a 66 super pursuit XR ;]
TRass is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #2291
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

hello Everyone and welcome to the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILR B
How do I put a pics as my profile pics any one know
There are two places you can display a pic. One is an avatar (that is the pic that is below your name) and the other place is in your Profile, known as your profile pic.

There is a limit to what file size can be uploaded as an avatar or a profile pic.

Please have a look at the User Demo's - Click here It will step you through how to add both to your profile.

Cheers
Col
Old 03-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #2292
AaronWalton
Baxr6Silver

My names Aaron obviously new to the forum currently only 16 but just recently purchased a 2004 ba xr6 lightening strike (silver) premium sound sunroof the lot. I am looking to slowly start doing mods to my at and I am sure I will learn a lot on this forum,
Thanks.
AaronWalton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #2293
fair monty
faif monty

Hi all just joined & finding it to be a pretty good site been a member of the other ford sites for a while now don't know how i missed this one .
Now down to the basics i recently moved to Canberra from Brisbane (i want to go back) i own a el fairmont ghia in very good condition ,truthfully it is just a fairmont but has all the ghia bits but one big giveaway,no passenger air bag ,i have a new motor to put in well it is an au engine with 96k on it & in my opinion that's pretty new & i have a full reconditioned ef tickford head to go on fuel reg & el ghia ecu ,& i have modded a spare k frame so it will all fit nice ,& while its all out i will drill the whole for the dip stick in the trans & fit a ef trans dip stick tube (i hate that you can't check it without a load of grief.
Well great to be here ,here's some pics

423.jpg[/IMG]
fair monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #2294
fair monty
faif monty

Don't know why but some of the pics didn't work will try again

fair monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #2295
EXEAGLE
Starter Motor

Hi,
First time poster. I'm an ex FoMoCo employee of the Brisbane Assembly plant and noticed a few members were expressing an interest in the old factory before it's demolished very shortly.
I was at the factory in it's final years building Louisville and Trader series trucks. It's a very intersting building full of history and I think I had been everywhere in that building. I visited the factory on friday just gone and was horrified at what I saw. I only saw a very small part of it unfortuately. Last time I was there it was a fully operational factory, now it's in I would call moderate to advanced decay.
I would love to have a walk all the way through and I can tell you what was where and what was done there.
There was photographs in archive which showed the factory before it's upgrade / expansion in the 60's for Falcon which were interesting.
I have pictures of the Aeromax 120 we built for Dick Johnson back in the day. Phew - memroy lane!.
Anyways would be good to go there before it's gone andwill keep an eye on this forum if anything happens.
Oh, I drove Cortinas, Falcons, Fairmont Ghias, XR6's and 8's but sadly no longer. Cheers!
EXEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #2296
AaronWalton
Baxr6Silver

Hey my names Aaron new to the forum. I am 16 years old and have currently purchased a 2004 ba falcon xr6 with premium sound and sunroof. I'm positive I will learn a lot I things in this forum as I am looking at doing a few mods in the future. Thanks.
AaronWalton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #2297
SteveZed
Starter Motor

Gday guys,

Been watching, searching, and enjoying this forum for a long time. Thought it be time to start contributing. I have a couple questions about my car... but I thought it be best to introduce myself.

I'm a web designer by day and take any chance possible to get a break from the computer screen and hide away in my garage with my baby.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and any guidance as I go along.

Cheers
Steve

[Project XA Coupe]
Was: Blue -> Restoration in progress since 2010
Plan to go to original green duco with white interior

Was:

Currently:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhone-Photos-023.jpg (111.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-1-08-11-2-13-44-PM.jpg (96.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 243625_10150947039924584_572913785_o.jpg (91.1 KB, 63 views)
SteveZed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #2298
robertk61
Starter Motor

Hi All.

Well I am finally back into a FORD

I have been a FORD fan all my life, starting with my first car a TC Cortina, then an XB V8 Fairmont coupe, then an XB GT, then a sensible family car while the kids grew up.

After that it was a NEW EA wagon (again expanding family) then an EL Fairmont and a Discovery for a while (to play 4X4) and now I pickup an FG XR6 on Monday.

I wish I still had the GT !!!!!
robertk61 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #2299
v8e4tr
Starter Motor

hi every one im just new to this site would just like to say hello
v8e4tr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #2300
kevRTV
Ford Man from the Bush

Howdy from the goldfields of WA.

LIGHTNING STRIKE 2004 BA RTV 5.4 V8 | CARRYBOY CANOPY | AIR BAGS | ONBOARD AIR | GPS LOCATOR | GPS NAVIGATION |HID'S| FULLY OPTIONED |
& 2006 BF LIGHTNING STRIKE FUTURA WAGON RTV CONVERSION, DUEL FUEL, ALL THE USUAL STUFF.
2004 UZ XLT 4.6 EXPLORER
1990 XF PANEL VAN
1993 XG PANEL VAN

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
kevRTV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #2301
Jimbob_94
JAMES 2010 F6

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey every one im new to this site and my name is James and im 18.
I am a second year boilermaker apprentice and looking forward to being fully qualified especially for the money.
I have got a 2008 FG XR6 turbo 6spd manual and it is dark metallic blue with the leather interior and the premium sound but with an aftermarket sub in the boot.
This is my first car but i was borrowing my mums 2001 ford falcon AU for about 6 months before i got my turbo.
I am looking forward to learning more things about the car from everyone and seeing all your ideas aswell
Jimbob_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #2302
Stixy30
Starter Motor

Hi all my names Andrew, Im 33 and a metal roofer from Newcastle . I'm looking to buy an rs2000 as a project car and thought I'd join the forum as I'm sure I'll be after some help in the coming years with the build.
Thanks
Stixy30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #2303
mannybaby
Starter Motor

Hello everyone, I `ve just joined..,I have a bf xr8 (260 engine) which i love and will start specializing in my mechanical workshop @ enoggera in queensland.does any one know which is the best supercharger a yella terra stealth or kennie bell and what other upgrades are advisable-thanks Manny
mannybaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #2304
Supel_11
Starter Motor

Hay everybody first time on the site my name Supel live in Sydney own a black fg falcon XR6 turbo and still got me trusty old au falcon it's 2001 model ute

Just a quick question can some one tell me I got a tonneau cover for my ute what models will this fit look towards a BA
Supel_11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #2305
svo sports
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hi fellow ford owners , my pride and joy is my nl fairlane ghia svo sportsman tagged #14 . shes got all the svo optios fitted by the dealership southside ford in brisbane . shes lowered , has 18" osaka wheels 3"hi flow exhaust , full top end alpine type r sound system .
svo sports is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #2306
svo sports
Starter Motor

hi all . i have an interesting Q. Is it possible to fit a ba steering wheel to an nl fairlane
svo sports is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #2307
Samowen
Starter Motor

Hey everyone been browsing these forums for a while, so I thought I'd join
I recently bought a 2003 ford falcon xr8 ba and ever since just been looking at minor mods. Currently I have put on a xforce quad tip cat back exhaust and 20 inch iB racing wheels future mods I want include extracters, high flow cats, cai, lowered suspension, sway bars ect
I will upload a pic soon, sam
Samowen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #2308
Saxy
Starter Motor

Hi All: new to the forum, thanks for letting me in....live in JoBurg, RSA and the proud owner of a Fairlane 500 ZC, 351W, FMX autobox and everything pretty much stock. Looking forward to learning loadsa good stuff from you guys - we have a thriving scene here, so happy to give feedback if anyone wants.
Saxy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #2309
Au75
Starter Motor

Hi all thought I would join aff after buying my latest car which is an au series 2 75th anniversary futura which has only 167 thousand ks on her
Au75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #2310
studey10
Starter Motor

Hi guys I'm a virgin to these forums but I like what you guys talk about fords.
studey10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post