Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #2251
Bob McAullay
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day everyone, Bob here, I own a 2001 Fairmont Ghia 5ltr
Bob McAullay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #2252
On The Edge
BOSS 335

Hi everybody!

Just picked up my 2012 demo GT Boss 335 today
I've come from the other side to this car and I must say I likely very much!

Shaun
On The Edge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #2253
Bob McAullay
Starter Motor

G'day one and all. My name is Bob. I own a 01 Fairmont Ghia 5L V8. Can anyone give me some advice. I'm trying to recode two new remotes. However I've found that my rear demister is not functioning from the button. I've checked fuse and it's all good. Appreciate any help on the matter
Old 29-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #2254
Bob McAullay
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Edge
Hi everybody!

Just picked up my 2012 demo GT Boss 335 today
I've come from the other side to this car and I must say I likely very much!

Shaun
I am so envious, enjoy?
Old 29-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #2255
laser92x
Starter Motor

Default G'day

I'm new to the forum. Have a '92 Ford Laser GL and just bought some shockies (NSW term) think they call them struts in Victoria where I now live.

Need the rubber boots to go with the shocks. Have priced Repco ($40 each). Any suggestions about getting them somewhere online? I don't have the part code which is bit tricky. I priced the front set shocks at Repco $500. Got them at Online Perf. Autos $250 (they don't stock the rubber boots).

Cheers!
laser92x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #2256
ZH302c
Starter Motor

Hi guys im Daniel from SA, I dont own a ford but i do drive my old mans zh fairlane more than he does. I daily drive a vp commodore and have a 180b sss datsun in the garage waiting for the fj20 turbo to go in.
ZH302c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #2257
On The Edge
BOSS 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McAullay
I am so envious, enjoy?
I sure will mate

I'm from Rockingham too!
On The Edge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #2258
boony 13
Starter Motor

hey guys new on here my names daniel i have a au xls ute 5 speed .just wondering if someone could tell me how get more power out of it haha i have a mate with a ba xr6 ute and he blows me away and well jealousy has kicked in hahaha
boony 13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #2259
blue falcon xr8
Starter Motor

Hi guys, just joined, does it get any better, a bunch of people who only want to chat about Fords. My first car was a 1964 XM Falcon (dad bought it new), left it for a company car, then I bought an XC Falcon ex-interceptor, low 13's at Calder, sold that, now I'm in an FG Falcon XR8. Rick from Vic
blue falcon xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #2260
moetarded
Starter Motor

Hi all. Not a fan of computers fan of cars all makes but being Aussie had to choose one of the 2
moetarded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #2261
BigBob1967
Starter Motor

Hi All. My name is Rob and I live in Wollongong. My latest project is a ZC Fairlane and in hoping to fit a late model 6 cyl into it. Possibly an AU XR6 with a 4 speed auto. I want this to be my daily driver. If anybody has any advice regarding this please let me know.
Thanks heaps
BigBob1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #2262
gumby911
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBob1967
Hi All. My name is Rob and I live in Wollongong. My latest project is a ZC Fairlane and in hoping to fit a late model 6 cyl into it. Possibly an AU XR6 with a 4 speed auto. I want this to be my daily driver. If anybody has any advice regarding this please let me know.
Thanks heaps

consider this my introduction........

Hey rob, I have an au xr6 vct sedan series 2 manual with IRS (160,000 km), im a p-plater on the search for maximum performance (NSW laws lol...)

as for the engine i recently fixed a common oil leak coming from the vct pulley(fill with silicone wherever possible especially inside), been puzzling me for ages, all my mechanics like ba's or newer. the parts for my car can be expensive ($260 for vct solenoid that may have not been the problem).

coming from an rx8 and r33 non turbo, the engine is not exactly rev happy, seems to run out of puff at high rpm. 5 speed manual gearbox stong but clunky, not how i like it.

see dyno run, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_NUBkwaNQQ , my goal is to get a great p-plate legal car with 200kw atw (PLENTY LOL) and for full license i want a high performance daily driver/ sleeper that also should be practical.

DREAM car Porsche 911 (996 shape) Turbo

BTW getting new shocks and springs fitted today, apparently KYB excel (cheap shock) and dobinson lowered springs are NOT what i need, couldn't afford coilovers.

feel free to view my other videos and subscribe lol, I hope im allowed to say that. http://www.youtube.com/user/fatgut911/videos

p.s. my car may be for sale after ayear or two PM me, or might whack in a v8 if i stick with ford...
gumby911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #2263
frazpx
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All,

My name is smithy.I just bought my first Ford.It's a brand new PX ranger XLT dual cab 3.2l auto.I absolutely love it.It will be used for both business and pleasure (hopefully more pleasure than business).This forum looks really good and I am looking forward to looking and learning from other Ford owners.

Cheers.
frazpx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #2264
Scott_Robbo
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,

I'm new here hence why I'm posting in this forum... I just sold my AU Fairmont for a measly $500 and traded up for a 2009 G6E Turbo. Any tips on care & maintenance would be handy.
Scott_Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #2265
Tucks1234
Starter Motor

Hi everyone im a newby into the game im an 18yr old male from bendigo and i love my fords im hopfully going to become an engineer so i can pitch into the cars i admire. Ive just got a xd ute with a very clean xf carby engine in it am super excited to get it on the road asap and represent all the pre classics out there. Go the fords =D
Tucks1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #2266
macadamia
Starter Motor

Hi every one, and g'd day.
My name is Michael and I own a Ford Transit turbo VH 2003. This is my first group forum and I am sure will enjoy being among you.
Regards
Michael
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #2267
kermitz
Starter Motor

Hi I own a Ford SY 2011 Territory. Headers hi-flow cat back 2 1/2 system. Inlet filter mods. I am thinking of installing a transmission cooler bypassing the OEM unit, I'm new to forums.
Cheers Kermitz
kermitz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #2268
gizzmo
Starter Motor

Hi all just new on here and I have a 2006 territory and in 18 months of having it I have done 170,000 klms and it hasn't mist a beat.
gizzmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #2269
gizzmo
Starter Motor

Also I forgot to say that I am running my car on water through a hydro cell saving 60% of fuel
gizzmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #2270
Jtd351
Starter Motor

Hi all

I'm anew member have look through you messages before and you all have good advice and knowledge hope I get to know some new friends

Cheers
Jtd351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #2271
1DOG
Starter Motor

Hi, new to the Forum and the proud owner of an XC Fairmont GXL 351 with matching numbers. Warmed motor, lowered, 10 inch 12 slotters on the back end and 8's on the front. Just got the car last week and its yet another mid life crisis. Very straight and drives great with signs of a little rust around the roof but looks minor.

Is there a Ford Club in Vic that I can join and get Club Rego?
Old 31-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #2272
mattyjnr
Starter Motor

Hi ppl - The names Matt and Ive recently come outta the closet.....I LIKE FORDS! I used to be a Holden boy but have just recently bought my first Falcon as I wanted a change.....lets hope my new ride keeps me from returning to the dark side.

Hope to chat with ya's sometime in the future!
mattyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #2273
roadtrack
Starter Motor

Hi all.
My first post. Congratulations to those responsible for establishing and maintaining this interesating and useful site.
My first query;has anybody tried the daytime running lights to suit MC Mondeo,currently on Ebay for $209.99? I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks all,in anticipatiion.
------------------------

Our rides: 2012 MC Mondeo Zetec hatch.
2012 G6E
Both excellent cars.
roadtrack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #2274
XPU351
Starter Motor

Hi all, my name is Grant. I have just bought a XP Falcon ute to retore and as it is the first old Ford I have owned, I'll be needing to pick some wise folk's brains. Hence joining Ford Forums. I look forward to chatting to you guys in the future.
XPU351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #2275
Thomas13
New Falcon Owner

G'day everyone!

So happy to be apart of this community now! Just picked up a '11 XR6 in edge grey last week. Can't wait to personalise it a bit. Hopefully getting a tune sometime soon, then who knows what.

I've been looking at this forum for some time to see what problems I might experience, what's good on the car etc etc and found it to be so helpful I joined to help out anyone else that was in the same boat as me.

Can't wait to start posting!
Thomas13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #2276
1998XHXR8
Starter Motor

Gdday Rus . I finally got on and Registered

Hi all my name is Shilo and I drive a ford ute XHXR8. Its starting to get hard to get some parts for this car already. Thought Id hope on this forum and see if I can make some contacts and see if there is some interesting forums.

So a big Gday to everyone on this site!

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but I was wondering if anyone has an XE interceptor they are willing to sell to give me a contact on my profile
1998XHXR8.
1998XHXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #2277
Sudzy
Starter Motor

Hi Name sudzy have couple of car to date xe and xf

Xe an esp 302 auto has been rebuilt paint trim and running 393
Xf just got still checking it out before rebuild
Sudzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #2278
Jake05
Starter Motor

Hi i thought i would join this site as i have owned a few GT (xw and (xy) in the past and wish i still had them, all thou i have had the fun/pleasure of driving them very hard through my teenage years, memories that will last for ever , my favourite was my true blue xy gt. i do have a BA falcon atm , i love all old cars and bikes in general.
Jake05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #2279
lobos91
Starter Motor

Hi all

I bought a 2011 XR6 on the weekend amazing car plenty of power I'm looking to get an exhaust done wanna see what you guys recommended ? Thanks
lobos91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #2280
adsta
BF FPV GT-P

Hi all,

This is very much a belated introduction as I have been a member for a number of years now however I never actually have made a post until now (better late than never I guess).

After years and years of dreaming, I recently purchased a 2006 BF FPV GT-P. Even though this was just over a month ago now, I still cannot help but smile every time I press the starter button and hear the engine come alive.

It currently has a cat-back exhaust which simply sounds amazing. However I am not so sure my neighbours agree:-)

I will most likely leave it as is for now and possibly look at a few modifications next year.

Last edited by adsta; 02-08-2012 at 05:26 PM.
adsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post