Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #181
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

What you consider a hazardous condition may not be the same as another person. What happens if I drive through a patch of fog, turn on my fog lights and get pulled over 5 minutes later? The conditions were hazardous but may not be at that time.

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #182
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auMatt
What you consider a hazardous condition may not be the same as another person. What happens if I drive through a patch of fog, turn on my fog lights and get pulled over 5 minutes later? The conditions were hazardous but may not be at that time.
Well if you're smart(?) enough to turn them on you should be smart enough to turn them off again!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #183
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.8L Hilux
It IS a 16 watt bulb, not sure what 21watt bulb you are talking about.
Wedge or bayonet?
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #184
2.8L Hilux
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Wedge or bayonet?
The wedge type ones. I replaced the 16's with some 5 watters today in artic blue. They are really dull but look good :
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #185
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auMatt
Police are not stupid. If it is a patchy foggy morning they will be aware that it is a patchy foggy morning as will the magistrate if you are rolled and then produce the weather report during your hearing.

Fog lights with only parkers at 4 in the afternoon on a beautiful sunny day that was foggy at 6AM, 500km away is stretching at a bit though.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #186
redranga

I hope the police do start handing out fines for these lights, they are bloody annoying.

Vx- Vy commodores are really bad and are blinding. These lights are mounted onto a plastic bumper bar that flexes every time the car hits a bump. Its the equivalent of someone shining a torch into your eyes when you are driving towards them.
redranga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post