Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #181
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Confirmation 5 more bodies found. Takes the toll to 13
Old 11-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #182
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Flash Flood/Severe Storm warning issued up my way!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #183
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

deleted

Last edited by XDV800; 11-01-2011 at 04:37 PM.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #184
Dumpsta

Centrelink is giving out $1000 to those who are affected by the floods. I just went down to fill out the application, took some time but hopefully I'll have the money by next week.

My grounds are we were stuck down south for 5 days before the Gin Gin / Childers reopened and we were able to get home to Yeppoon, and now Rockys closed and I cant work as my boss is still down there. Just thought I'd let everone know, as $1000 goes a long way.
Dumpsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #185
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
White Subaru Forrester?

I've seen the reports, but heard nothing on whether they survived.

Another update, 7news reported that the wife and child were found alive, however the husband hasnt.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #186
CHARGED TERRA
TARMAC EATER & HSV BEATER

Here's a video I took of Jellicoe St, Toowoomba Yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSlLibxCOwg

and here is a video of the same spot today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py8b-mOhgJw

And a few pics of the damage done.

I didnt venture into the centre of town as I had the kids with me and there is no vehicle access allowed.
CHARGED TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #187
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Wow it is just keeps getting worse.

I have a question. How far up are the crocodiles? Is there any danger with all this flood water that they will spread into regional areas?

May seem like a silly question, but I was just watching people walking through the flood water and thought about the crocs.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #188
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@Geez Louise,most crocs are nth of Townsville there is the odd one or two south of there but no further than Rocky or Gladstone.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #189
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
@Geez Louise,most crocs are nth of Townsville there is the odd one or two south of there but no further than Rocky or Gladstone.
Well that is not 100% true. I have seen one in the Burrum river and there have been quite a few sightings in the Mary including photos of a 3.5m one shot there.

But they are not common.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #190
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Croc pulled out of a waterway on the Gold Coast a few months ago... somewhere on the web there is a record of "sightings" too. But you're right - rare down south.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #191
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Well it is a good thing they are further up. You guys have enough to worry about. Lets all hope the rains stop soon and the water receeds quickly.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #192
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Snakes would be a bigger threat, plenty of them will be seeking higher ground and hiding out in houses...

Still cant believe how big this flooding has gotten

Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 AM   #193
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Snakes would be a bigger threat, plenty of them will be seeking higher ground and hiding out in houses...
Crocs I can live with.... but you just ruined Christmas for me
Old 12-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #194
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Out in the west the snakes have gone into peoples houses chasing higher ground. Brown's and red belly blacks have been spotted everywhere. They are probly just as scared as every other bugger.........All the rivers and creeks have dropped dramatically here overnight. Just took the dishlickers for a walk , trees down, the main road up to us has had another slip, lots of people's driveways are now on the road... lots of roads buggered........massive pot holes and in some places ashphalt just lifted up in huge sections........
Old 12-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #195
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Update after my night at work, I have made it home but not sure if I will be able to get back to my station tonight. Thus I have all y gear with me so I can go to any station, log onto a truck and get into it again.

The workload for use was not as high as I feared but the difficulty is getting to the scene and then transfer to hospital. I watched Ipswich motorway at rocklea go from open with the waterline about 2m from the road edge (and down a .5m bank) to lake ipswich motorway and closed both lanes in the space of an hour. The result is the flood now spreads from the blunder rd exit down to Granard rd and up to Beaudesert rd. Bowhill rd in Darra is now a complete lake and impassable and water is quickly rising at King ave. King ave is now the last direct route from the Inala/Forest Lake area and if that floods the only way to the city direction will be the logan motorway and gateway motorway, a detour of about 20km.

As I was finishing this morning evacuations in the roacklea, sherwood and chelmer areas was really starting to kick off and the workload for emergency services sky rocketed.

So, everyone in Brisbane, keep out of the water, limit your travel and follow instructions. Most importantly, stay safe, stay dry and see you on the other side.

Final question to all the Brisbanites, how ironic is it the first day we get sunshine is the day Brisbane floods?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #196
Flaming Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Wow it is just keeps getting worse.

I have a question. How far up are the crocodiles? Is there any danger with all this flood water that they will spread into regional areas?

May seem like a silly question, but I was just watching people walking through the flood water and thought about the crocs.

I expect a fair few crocs may turn up on our beaches up here. I’d say a fair few were washed out into the ocean from the Fitzroy system.

A cow was found last week swimming 12klm off the coast up here, washed out of the Fitzroy. Unfortunately it died during attempted rescue. Link below.

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...-north-keppel/

Just found this too

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...cue-berserker/
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #197
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Final question to all the Brisbanites, how ironic is it the first day we get sunshine is the day Brisbane floods?
Thought the same thing. Got a text message this morning that only essential personnel required at work, but have now been able to take the dog for a walk and hang clothes on the line. It is surreal. I seem to be in a huge swathe of blue sky, but circled by a dark ring of ominus clouds that look as though they are building up for the afternoon.
Good luck everyone, however this affects you.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #198
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just reading that Bundaberg is yet again expected to get another flood peak!
Burnett River is expected to hit 5m tomorrow night..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #199
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As i said, snakes are an issue!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...12/3110977.htm

Town snake-infested after quarry bursts

Hundreds of people are stranded in the southern Queensland town of Fernvale after a quarry broke overnight, flooding homes.

Resident Trudy Hatcher says many properties in the lower parts of the Brisbane Valley town have water up to their ceiling and there are snakes everywhere.........

Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #200
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Update after my night at work, I have made it home but not sure if I will be able to get back to my station tonight. Thus I have all y gear with me so I can go to any station, log onto a truck and get into it again.

The workload for use was not as high as I feared but the difficulty is getting to the scene and then transfer to hospital. I watched Ipswich motorway at rocklea go from open with the waterline about 2m from the road edge (and down a .5m bank) to lake ipswich motorway and closed both lanes in the space of an hour. The result is the flood now spreads from the blunder rd exit down to Granard rd and up to Beaudesert rd. Bowhill rd in Darra is now a complete lake and impassable and water is quickly rising at King ave. King ave is now the last direct route from the Inala/Forest Lake area and if that floods the only way to the city direction will be the logan motorway and gateway motorway, a detour of about 20km.

As I was finishing this morning evacuations in the roacklea, sherwood and chelmer areas was really starting to kick off and the workload for emergency services sky rocketed.

So, everyone in Brisbane, keep out of the water, limit your travel and follow instructions. Most importantly, stay safe, stay dry and see you on the other side.

King Av is almost under, Beatty Rd is almost under heading towards bowhill rd, and I'm just around there. A friends place at Rocklea is under, and our place is looking like it may go under. Thankfully, we have a 2 storey house, and Mum got flood insurance last year. Our cars are getting moved to higher ground, and we have already arranged places for us to evacuate to that are nearby but out of the flood zone.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #201
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

SO I went for a bit of a scout around Hamilton and Pinkenba this morning and took some photos.

Have a look here -

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post3522835

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #202
rodderz

Talking to a bloke this morning who lives in his moored boat on the Fitzroy in Rocky. Red belly black and brown snakes have been going through water and up his chain into his boat. He had to change the head gasket in his motor yesterday and there were snakes huddled around the sump. He reckons the old bushies told him that snakes don't like rope, they used to wrap rope around camp at night to keep them out.

Rocky slowly receding, councils are starting to clean roads and gutters now.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #203
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
SO I went for a bit of a scout around Hamilton and Pinkenba this morning and took some photos.

Have a look here -

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post3522835
P.S.

If you want to look at the full size versions, as well as my full descriptions, I have created a QLD Flooding gallery on my website. Everything flood related will be in there.

Cheers,

Oo\===/oO
Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #204
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Talking to a bloke this morning who lives in his moored boat on the Fitzroy in Rocky. Red belly black and brown snakes have been going through water and up his chain into his boat. He had to change the head gasket in his motor yesterday and there were snakes huddled around the sump.
I take it he cut the boat in half and let the snakes stay with the engine then? Or did he just set fire to it?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #205
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Or did he just set fire to it?
Thats what I would have done....

Oo\===/oO
Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #206
rodderz

Dunno how he got them out, i'de imagine much damage done to boat before snake was outdoors though! Some people have been saying that some animals have been sharing dry patches with prey though ie. snakes sitting next to rats. Still wouldn't make ne confidant though
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #207
Binnie
EB11 falcon GLI

if i can do any thing to help from Syd just send me a PM...

Stay safe...

FORDS IN THE PARK

FTF Car Club of NSW
Binnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #208
XWGT