Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #18841
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Nobody has ever claimed that any of the vaccines are 100% safe and the tiny percentage of those with serious side effects is well documented and has been since the early trials.

My objection was to your crowing about the chickens coming home to roost because (1) there is nothing new in the data and the 'hold' on the J&J vaccine was based on 6 cases of blood clotting; (2) it's a vaccine that was largely never approved for use outside the USA; (3) the ban on J&J was lifted after a thorough review so your video is out of date.

In total, for J&J, there have been 15 reported cases of TTS/CVST out of 6.8 million doses and 5 confirmed deaths.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 07-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #18842
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Nobody has ever claimed that any of the vaccines are 100% safe and the tiny percentage of those with serious side effects is well documented and has been since the early trials.

My objection was to your crowing about the chickens coming home to roost because (1) there is nothing new in the data and the 'hold' on the J&J vaccine was based on 6 cases of blood clotting; (2) it's a vaccine that was largely never approved for use outside the USA; (3) the ban on J&J was lifted after a thorough review so your video is out of date.

In total, for J&J, there have been 15 reported cases of TTS/CVST out of 6.8 million doses and 5 confirmed deaths.
After seeing the death rates when we were peaking at way less than 1000 cases a day all the way to mid 2021, you would think that now with XX,000 cases a day in Australia, 95 odd % vax rate, and the fact we now we are open and living life the Flat Earthers would come around. Evidently not, they are still trolling youtube instead of looking out the front door.

It is so plainly simple that vaccination works. Yep there were some side effects, 11.8 Billion doses given, yeah you are going to find a few. Well worth the result we have.

This user likes this post:
Old 07-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #18843
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

On a somewhat lighter note regarding vaccines.

A crazy friend in Canada sent me this a while ago

Old 07-05-2022, 03:04 PM   #18844
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
After seeing the death rates when we were peaking at way less than 1000 cases a day all the way to mid 2021, you would think that now with XX,000 cases a day in Australia, 95 odd % vax rate, and the fact we now we are open and living life the Flat Earthers would come around. Evidently not, they are still trolling youtube instead of looking out the front door.
No way. They're just using our success as proof that 'it was never anything to worry about in the first place', they're all over social media claiming 'see, nothing even happened, it was all an over-reaction'.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"
Old 07-05-2022, 03:38 PM   #18845
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the 4th Booster last Tuesday - pfizer again, no side effects except fora slightly sore injection site for a couple of days. Unlike the first three this one I felt go in, but I think that was more to do with practitioner technique than the serum.

Since it was administered by a GP (not our usual guy) I asked the question about a 5th shot before we go OS, hoping for a medical opinion - got a bureaucratic response that "the jury is out on that" meaning, I think "not yet recommended by the TGA or the other Alphabet Committee that adjudicates on these matters".

I'll see if I can winkle a medical opinion when we see our ususal GP. Will report if I get anything useful.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 07-05-2022, 03:41 PM   #18846
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
Got the 4th Booster last Tuesday - pfizer again
Cheers
How long ago did you have your 3rd?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 07-05-2022, 04:31 PM   #18847
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
On a somewhat lighter note regarding vaccines.

A crazy friend in Canada sent me this a while ago

Ha. That's actually very clever. However, I must admit, winter tyres are tried and tested, it never actually gave me heart "awareness" issues and I have never been banned from driving for not having them fitted. I'm also free to pick whichever brands I want.

Oh, and if I tried them and didn't like them, I can always take them off with no lasting impact except for my hip pocket.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #18848
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Ha. That's actually very clever. However, I must admit, winter tyres are tried and tested, it never actually gave me heart "awareness" issues and I have never been banned from driving for not having them fitted. I'm also free to pick whichever brands I want.

Oh, and if I tried them and didn't like them, I can always take them off with no lasting impact except for my hip pocket.
And if the design of those tyres are proven faulty, you can sue.

But not with this.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:22 PM   #18849
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Put your conspiracy theories back in the box labelled 'Looney' and spare us the hand wringing.
Tell us all how his post was from a conspiracy theorist mindset.

It actually happened and is currently occurring, and the numbers have been sugar-coated from the get-go.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:38 PM   #18850
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Never said it was. title of thread doesn't say "Covid 19 but only in Australia". Personally no six people put in hospital through Pfizer shots( Heart issues) mainly young men, my brother in law was rushed to hospital the day he got the shot, he thought he was dying had crushing chest pain and difficulty breathing, was told get another one it will kill you straight from doctors mouth. Wrote to Ashly Bloomfield to get a exemption, reply was no just get the shot, but that's probably false truth and misinformation. Coming from our own Prime she said don't worry when asked about all the reactions she said, 'it just shows the vaccine is working" spare me. How far down the track are we going to find all these heart issues rearing its head and the damage that has been done. Sorry if what I have witnessed and feelings on this is classed looney and hand wringing then so be it.
I can second this personally I know several people who have suffered these “rare” side effects. Also know a women who had an early labour and stillborn 2 days after her booster. Dr even said was mostly likely the jab. I’m sure it’s all just a conspiracy but 🙄 i bet all these people are just making this up
Old 07-05-2022, 10:04 PM   #18851
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Personally no six people put in hospital through Pfizer shots( Heart issues) mainly young men, my brother in law was rushed to hospital the day he got the shot, he thought he was dying had crushing chest pain and difficulty breathing, was told get another one it will kill you straight from doctors mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Falcon XR6 View Post
I can second this personally I know several people who have suffered these “rare” side effects. Also know a women who had an early labour and stillborn 2 days after her booster. Dr even said was mostly likely the jab. I’m sure it’s all just a conspiracy but 🙄 i bet all these people are just making this up
Have a read and consideration of what is stated by an Associate Professor of Cardiology in this article. It's interesting reading.

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...8b04a671a0f75b

The basic premise is that people who have suffered myocarditis as a side effect of the job will likely have a very serious to even death response to being infected with covid.

Reason being is that if they have that kind of reaction to the small immune response caused by the introduction of the vaccine, then being infected by an unchecked and ever increasing and unmanageable viral load from covid will likely kill the person.

Quote:
“The really important issue here is that if you developed myocarditis after a vaccine, were you to have seen this protein from Covid itself, it could have killed you.

“It could have been lethal at the doses of virus and spike protein generated by the infection.”
I thought of your posts in conjunction of of a claim made by our local anti-vax nutjob friend while talking to another friend the other night.

Anti-vax nut job told me one of the listed bad side effects of the jab for women was an extremely heavy, never experienced before, period for at least the first and sometimes the second menstrual cycle after getting vaccinated.

Talking to our friend the other day she said her daughter, who has as covid 3 times, after each recovery her first and second period after was extremely heavy as compared to normal. This occurred with 2 other of her friends as well.

Just interesting to note that side effects of the vaccine appear to be the same of varying degrees to actual occurrences of symptoms during and when recovering from an actual covid infection.

One day I might sit down and see what else might be similar on both sides.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:48 PM   #18852
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
How long ago did you have your 3rd?
It is a 4 month time frame from 3rd jab to the 4th jab and you have to be over 65 to be eligible to get this booster. I get my 4th jab next Thursday.

There is talk of lowing the age to 50 for 4th booster jab but when who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
Got the 4th Booster last Tuesday - pfizer again, no side effects except fora slightly sore injection site for a couple of days. Unlike the first three this one I felt go in, but I think that was more to do with practitioner technique than the serum.

Since it was administered by a GP (not our usual guy) I asked the question about a 5th shot before we go OS, hoping for a medical opinion - got a bureaucratic response that "the jury is out on that" meaning, I think "not yet recommended by the TGA or the other Alphabet Committee that adjudicates on these matters".

I'll see if I can winkle a medical opinion when we see our ususal GP. Will report if I get anything useful.

Cheers
ATM there is no 5th booster shots planned by Govt/Health authorities but my GP thinks it might become yearly like the flu shots.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:09 AM   #18853
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 8,891 cases in the current period for a 10-day average growth rate of 0.9928 (1.0296) and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 8,744 cases in the current period for a 10 day average growth of 0.9906 (0.9944) while the actual line is below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2022, 12:25 PM   #18854
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 7th 2022.

44,951 new cases for Australia and 41 deaths so the CMR is 0.121%.

NZ recorded 6,838 cases and 11 deaths for a CMR of 0.082% (-).

The UK didn’t report for a CMR of 0.798% (-).

81,533 new cases in the USA yesterday and 391 deaths sees CMR at 1.226% (ê).

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Poland passes 6M cases;
The UAE passes 900k cases;

Taiwan (46,536)

...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2022, 11:17 PM   #18855
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The whole travel situation with Covid is an absolute laugh.

Have already been overseas twice since borders opened and got 2 more trips planned in the next few months.

Really, the whole exercise of checking documents, getting international certificates, tests, immunisations etc is a fools sense of security.

While I have been totally honest in all my travel documentation the overwhelming checks and balances needed to ensure 100% legitimacy is impossible to achieve.

All my documents were checked with a passing glance, after leaving the airport I was NEVER asked for ID to cross reference any paperwork I had.

In fact, on several occasions I showed my 7 year old daughters information by accident instead of mine and I was ushered past the check points.

My last locally supervised rapid test before flying was done without any ID checks.

Just my observations. As I said I did everything 100% above board however talking with others that have recently travelled there were many stories of dodgy or fabricated documentation.

My first two trips were to Philippines, granted they may be somewhat lax in their procedures. Next trip is to Singapore in late May or early June then going to Canada in July.

See how they do things, being more advanced.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2022, 11:13 AM   #18856
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Global 08/5/22 (figures up to 07/05/22)

During the last 14 days, global CMR's have mostly been dropping with the global average now at 1.214% compared to 1.226% in the previous period and 2.170% a year ago today.

Case numbers decrease slightly with 10.57M in this period compared to 10.73M in the previous period with 33,508 deaths in the last 14 days for a higher CMR of 0.430% on an unadjusted basis. It should be noted that a number of countries (mostly in Africa) haven’t reported in this period.

Overall the increase in cases numbers was 1.5% and the variance in the number of deaths only 0.53%.

Countries (with >100k cases) that were above 5% growth rate are headed by Taiwan (+83.7%); China (+9.2%); New Zealand (+10.7%); Australia (+9.0%); Luxembourg (+7.1%); Réunion (+6.0%); Japan (5.6%) and Finland (5.0%).

Very few countries saw their mortalities increase by much with New Zealand (+22.4%); Finland (+12.3%);Australia (+6.8%); Iceland (+5.9%); Taiwan (+5.6%) and South Korea (+5.4%) the only significant growth amongst countries with >100k cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 09-05-2022, 11:34 AM   #18857
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 7,793 cases in the current period for a 10-day average growth rate of 0.9940 (0.9928) and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 10,031 cases in the current period for a 10 day average growth of 0.9990 (0.9906) while the actual line is about level with the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 09-05-2022, 12:11 PM   #18858
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 8th 2022.

35,289 new cases for Australia and 18 deaths so the CMR is 0.120%(ê).

NZ recorded 5,728 cases and 2 deaths for a CMR of 0.082% (-).

The UK didn’t report for a CMR of 0.798% (-).

14,008 new cases in the USA yesterday and 201 deaths sees CMR at 1.226% (-).

Global cases pass 517M;
Poland passes 6M cases;
The UAE passes 900k cases;

No countries...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Japan drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-05-2022, 12:19 PM   #18859
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 10,321 cases in the current period for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0281 (0.9940) and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 12,722 cases in the current period for a 10 day average growth of 1.0441 (0.9990) while the actual line is above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. Note that WA set a new daily case high (10,394) yesterday and total deaths in Australia pass 7,500.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 10-05-2022 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:30 PM   #18860
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I've has chest pain come and go since the the first Pfzier vaccination. It has eased now but used to drop me for about 10 seconds a day with extreme pain, unable to move and then suddenly fine. I've had 3 shots, will get the fourth. I'm extremely fit, my resting heart rate is 42.

I also had a stroke, Yellow Fever vaccination was the contributing factor. 1:400,000 chance of having a stroke for that vaccine.

Even after all this, i'm still pro vax. Why? Because i understand the government can't care about 1%, if you don't understand that mentality then there is no saving you.

I wont degrade your right to choose what goes in your body though, if you dont wan't it, I couldn't care less.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #18861
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 9th 2022.

37,775 new cases for Australia and 3 deaths so the CMR is 0.120% (-).

NZ recorded 6,471 cases and 2 deaths for a CMR of 0.081% (ê).

The UK reported 26,253 cases and 212 deaths over 3 days for a CMR of 0.797% (ê).

57,656 new cases in the USA yesterday and 101 deaths sees CMR at 1.225% (ê).

North America passes 99M cases;
Asia passes 149M cases;
Europe passes 193M cases;

No countries...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Luxembourg drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #18862
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The whole travel situation with Covid is an absolute laugh.

Have already been overseas twice since borders opened and got 2 more trips planned in the next few months.

Really, the whole exercise of checking documents, getting international certificates, tests, immunisations etc is a fools sense of security.

While I have been totally honest in all my travel documentation the overwhelming checks and balances needed to ensure 100% legitimacy is impossible to achieve.

All my documents were checked with a passing glance, after leaving the airport I was NEVER asked for ID to cross reference any paperwork I had.

In fact, on several occasions I showed my 7 year old daughters information by accident instead of mine and I was ushered past the check points.

My last locally supervised rapid test before flying was done without any ID checks.

Just my observations. As I said I did everything 100% above board however talking with others that have recently travelled there were many stories of dodgy or fabricated documentation.

My first two trips were to Philippines, granted they may be somewhat lax in their procedures. Next trip is to Singapore in late May or early June then going to Canada in July.

See how they do things, being more advanced.
Yeah, I am off to the US next month, hoping they will drop the mandatory 24hr PCR test before then

Old 10-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #18863
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Yeah, I am off to the US next month, hoping they will drop the mandatory 24hr PCR test before then
See if you have Histopath testing down your way. I think it's offered at the airport there like in Sydney but bear in mind wait times are long now that more people are flying.

My PCR test done at the airport in March was lightening fast - test results in my inbox within 30 minutes.

RAT done in April for travel at my local place had a 4hr turn around.

$79 will get you the PCR and travel paperwork.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 10-05-2022, 11:59 PM   #18864
zilo
BANNED

Came to Vic to see my sister that has cancer.

4 days later positive...just going from residence in Grovedale to Geelong Hospital 6 times.

Gotta love Victoria...the gift that keeps giving.

However must report this is nothing to worry about so far, a headache,slight cough..night sweat on 2nd day...

Piece of cake with three vaccinations...3 days to go and centrelink are giving me $750 for my troubles...LOL

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2022, 10:36 AM   #18865
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 12,265 cases in the current period for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0675 (1.0281) and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 13,973 cases in the current period for a 10 day average growth of 1.0694 (1.0441) while the actual line is above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. Note that WA set a new daily case high (12,390) yesterday.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line. Total cases also pass the 1M mark. While we don’t graph it, weekly cases are down 3,225 compared to last week.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 8,998 more cases then Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 6,287 more cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 3,886 more, Queensland 8,727 more; WA 18,512 more and SA 2,730 less. The week totalled 311,565 cases or 12.1% more than last week and that’s the highest it’s been for four weeks.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 11-05-2022, 12:14 PM   #18866
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 10th 2022.

47,274 new cases for Australia and 43 deaths so the CMR is 0.119% (ê).

NZ recorded 9,257 cases and 14 deaths for a CMR of 0.082% (é).

The UK reported 4,341 cases and no deaths for a CMR of 0.797% (-).

93,443 new cases in the USA yesterday and 199 deaths sees CMR at 1.224% (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 518M;
France passes 29M cases;
South America passes 57M cases;
Africa passes 12M cases;

Taiwan (50,828)...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-05-2022, 12:02 PM   #18867
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 12,600 cases in the current period for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0872 (1.0675) and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 14,333 cases in the current period for a 10 day average growth of 1.0661 (1.0694) while the actual line is above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. Note that WA set a new daily case high (17,033) yesterday.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line. Total cases pass the 1M mark.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-05-2022, 12:26 PM   #18868
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 11th 2022.

57,310 new cases for Australia and 57 deaths so the CMR is 0.119% (-).

NZ recorded 8,047 cases and 29 deaths for a CMR of 0.084% (é).

The UK reported 529 cases and no deaths for a CMR of 0.797% (-).

147,078 new cases in the USA yesterday and 713 deaths sees CMR at 1.223% (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 519M;

Taiwan (57,216)...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-05-2022, 12:33 PM   #18869
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The current fortnight of UK data for cases and elapsed mortalities has finished.

There were 353,805 (-56%) cases in the period to 26/4 and a lower 2,280 deaths between 27/4-11/5 for a CMR of 0.644 which is again higher than that of the previous period (0.529%) and higher than what it has been for some months.

Thus, in the 285 days since 'freedom day' they have totalled 16,513,258 cases and 46,841 deaths for an overall CMR of 0.284% which is above the 0.276% at day 270.

Here it is graphed - note that the base column at the end is the 2 week period prior to freedom day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-05-2022, 11:50 AM   #18870
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 12th 2022.

57,314 new cases for Australia and 52 deaths so the CMR is 0.119% (-).

NZ recorded 9,484 cases and 8 deaths for a CMR of 0.084% (-).

The UK reported 14,458 cases and 284 deaths for a CMR of 0.797% (-).

92,011 new cases in the USA yesterday and 281 deaths sees CMR at 1.222% (ê).

Other notable points:
The USA passes 84M cases;

The Falkland Islands (734); and
Taiwan (65,446)

...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Japan moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread