Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2015, 07:20 AM   #151
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Bali 9

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...oming/2624739/
Surprise Surprise..............
Old 01-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #152
Spinner77

If younger readers here are curious why the Indonesians hate us over East Timor, here is a thumb-nail sketch of the story.

East Timor was formerly a Portuguese colony that the Indons had tried to take over once before. In 1999 they sent in drug-fuelled, machete-wielding militias who literally were carving the locals up.

Australia led international efforts to put an international military force together to stop it. We ended up providing over half the troops, with our special forces at the sharp end.

We were worried, however, that the Indons could mobilise their huge regular army and cream us.The operation could not work without the United States' approval, Initially this proved difficult — East where? However, as former Portuguese colony, East Timor was and is predominantly Catholic. Wealthy and powerful Catholic lobbies in the United States got onto President Bill Clinton. The Americans then provided critical support, and logistics.

The United States also frightened Indonesia from attempting large scale mobilisation. They thoughtfully parked a couple of their big warships, packed with marines, just below the horizon. The Indonesian air force could see the the US marines exercising on the decks. Indonesia had to back off. It lost a lot of face. You can see it might bear a grudge towards westerners and Australia in particular.

But it is not only western countries that Indonesia has a problem with. China and Indonesial do not get on. This is partly historical. The Chinese see the Indonesian regime as a right-wing military set-up. There is also the fact that when anything goes wrong in Indonesia, the local Chinese get the stick.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #153
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

what a joke

where are the vigils & hand wringing for this guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_Palfreeman

I even heard that some dork on melbourne radio was claiming that abbot & co would have "tried harder to get them free if they were white". WTF, really?!!!

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #154
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting read more along my sentiments:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...1a653cd00ebe6e

If my kids went to Castle Hill High School, I would be lodging official complaints against the Principal overstepping her lines, and making assumptions about my children, who do not idolise drug dealers as heroes!!

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #155
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Interesting read more along my sentiments:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...1a653cd00ebe6e

If my kids went to Castle Hill High School, I would be lodging official complaints against the Principal overstepping her lines, and making assumptions about my children, who do not idolise drug dealers as heroes!!
Have to be a subscriber toread that!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #156
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Have to be a subscriber toread that!
thank goodness!

btw aka The Campbelltown Financial Review
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #157
OCTANEBOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77 View Post
If younger readers here are curious why the Indonesians hate us over East Timor, here is a thumb-nail sketch of the story.

East Timor was formerly a Portuguese colony that the Indons had tried to take over once before. In 1999 they sent in drug-fuelled, machete-wielding militias who literally were carving the locals up.

Australia led international efforts to put an international military force together to stop it. We ended up providing over half the troops, with our special forces at the sharp end.

We were worried, however, that the Indons could mobilise their huge regular army and cream us.The operation could not work without the United States' approval, Initially this proved difficult — East where? However, as former Portuguese colony, East Timor was and is predominantly Catholic. Wealthy and powerful Catholic lobbies in the United States got onto President Bill Clinton. The Americans then provided critical support, and logistics.

The United States also frightened Indonesia from attempting large scale mobilisation. They thoughtfully parked a couple of their big warships, packed with marines, just below the horizon. The Indonesian air force could see the the US marines exercising on the decks. Indonesia had to back off. It lost a lot of face. You can see it might bear a grudge towards westerners and Australia in particular.

But it is not only western countries that Indonesia has a problem with. China and Indonesial do not get on. This is partly historical. The Chinese see the Indonesian regime as a right-wing military set-up. There is also the fact that when anything goes wrong in Indonesia, the local Chinese get the stick.
Hit the nail on the head Spinner77... plenty of history the goes back a long way if you want look at.
OCTANEBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #158
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77 View Post

I remember our F111's heading north west at the time and doing a below radar run over to Indonesia. They didn't appear on the radar until the last second by which time the damage would have been done. That gave the Indonesian's an idea of our own capabilities at the time. Can't do that any more.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #159
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I remember the East Timor situation. I was in Darwin when the evacuation of the UN compound in Dili was going down. I was there as part of a team to help the refugees and UN staff once they reached Darwin.

The refugees were mostly groups of women and children. The men had either been executed or headed for the hills, the women did not know where their men were. The refugees were in pretty poor condition but some of those UN staff came back seriously unhinged, they had seen some really bad things go down and witnessed Indonesian atrocities.

The East Timorese voted for independence and the Indonesians didn't like the result.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #160
HELLOYOU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slowly getting off the news and headlines. Thank god.
HELLOYOU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #161
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOYOU View Post
Slowly getting off the news and headlines. Thank god.
Well it was...

Here's the confirmation of the scholarships that someone alluded to earlier.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/au...ource=facebook
Old 01-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #162
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Drugoship.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #163
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Well it was...

Why not create the Joseph Stalin Humanitarian award? Or the Goebbels truth scholarship. I'm sure these people would have become luminaries for the brotherhood of man after a 10 year stint in prison with no other alternative but death...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #164
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

That mob would be better paying scholarships to the victims of pedophilia......

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #165
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
That mob would be better paying scholarships to the victims of pedophilia......
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #166
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well it was...

WOW just WOW

This makes me embarrassed and ashamed to be part of this society, it's embarrassing, this makes me sad for the world.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

7 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 01:19 PM   #167
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 02-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #168
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Well it was...

Good grief. Words fail me...........
4 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #169
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

I know appalling
Old 02-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #170
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Good grief. Words fail me...........
The Age F'book page lit up well and truly!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #171
deanp100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmattie View Post
I remember our F111's heading north west at the time and doing a below radar run over to Indonesia. They didn't appear on the radar until the last second by which time the damage would have been done. That gave the Indonesian's an idea of our own capabilities at the time. Can't do that any more.
I was in Okinawa working with the Marines(as a contractor) when Timor hostilities started and they were frothing at the mouth to go over and help. They didn't know who they were going to fight, they just wanted to fight someone
deanp100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #172
champ

Are these people for real?????
champ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #173
Spinner77

Wouldn't want to speak too soon, but there may be signs of a spine in Canberra that is not taking the insults lightly.

Today's papers say things that could only come from the government.

First, some Australians — this must mean people like ministers or maybe former PMs — had persuaded both Widodo's predecessor as president as well as his opponent for the presidency (a Lieutenant-General from the Java elite) to advise Widodo not to proceed with the executions.

This tells the Indonesian public that it was all Widodo's own work, and that he ignored the advice of people who matter there, who might know a bit more.

This will not help his political standing.

The second thing was that Indonesia was thought by Australia to be in breach of an international treaty that reserves the death penalty for only the most serious crimes. This overrides domestic laws.

The matter could be brought before the International Court. Indonesia seems in the interesting position of having a judge on the court, but has not accepted compulsory jurisdiction. Widodo will of course have to say no. A bit of an embarrassment if you are happy to have a judge on the court.

So on both counts Widodo comes out losing face, and looking like a bit of country yokel, in a job too big for him.

Not the best recipe for success in Asian politics.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #174
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
I remember the East Timor situation. I was in Darwin when the evacuation of the UN compound in Dili was going down. I was there as part of a team to help the refugees and UN staff once they reached Darwin.

The refugees were mostly groups of women and children. The men had either been executed or headed for the hills, the women did not know where their men were. The refugees were in pretty poor condition but some of those UN staff came back seriously unhinged, they had seen some really bad things go down and witnessed Indonesian atrocities.

The East Timorese voted for independence and the Indonesians didn't like the result.
I know the bloke who flew the last UN Chopper, out of the UN Dilli Compound. As they loaded the chopper, the TNI dressed as milita were shooting locals trying to climb the fence into the compound with a couple of M60's.
When he lifted off, the Indo Airforce lit him up with a STA system and he had to fly down the main drag, and swing south into the hills to escape.
Landed on an islet 50nm from Darwin, flying on an empty tank. The local RAAF flew fuel out and took 9 of his 14 passengers of to help.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #175
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doing the rounds via social media. One opinion the mainstream media wont touch with a 10 ft pole.

Quote:
This is a post by a police officer regarding the hype around the Bali executions and it's something I think more Aussies need to read ................................................. I can’t believe the mentality of people. I have been in law enforcement for 34 years and have worked in many areas within the force. After 9 years in, I spent nearly 5 years working as a UC. (Undercover) attempting to infiltrate traffickers of all types of drugs including amphets right down to simple choof. What a world of pain and misery. I was encased by the filth and self-destruction where I witnessed numerous deaths by either ODs or in a lot of cases suicides. Young girls selling their bodies for 10 bucks a go just to get their hands on their next fix. I remember one particular girl who hung around with the collection I was trying to set up. She was 14 when she was hooked and on the game by 15. Her body was so ripped and torn by drug and sexual abuse she had intestines falling out of her rectum as a result of numerous rapes and sexual encounters where she tried to get payment. Her child was taken off her when she was 15 by Human services but they could do nothing for her but supply treatment when they could. She died at 19. Alone in a back street. Where were you do-gooders. I saw you pass her on the street and avoid her all the time. I would give her food but she preferred to starve and get some smack rather than eat. I became depressed with my job after this time and had to eventually get into some other area. I guarantee any police officer who reads this will be thinking of some person they have dealt with in their career that fits this build. But all I see is you ******* wanna be Samaritans who treat these two drug kings as heroes. Ok I accept that you dont believe in the death penalty. I don’t like it either. But I am sure as **** not going to call on the PM to “Bring our boys home” No boy of mine would do this. The media and the solicitors have played you people for the fools you are. You have never lived in the world of drug, crime and despair. You have been protected from it so much you live in the fantasy world where you believe you can hug everyone and all will be better. You are not qualified to even comment as to whether these guys should get parole or not. Have a look at our system. Or have you forgotten already. Adrian Bayley. You paroled him. You say the parole board stuffed up and parole him. But the parole board consists of people just like you. With your opinions and beliefs. That was a complete and utter failure. This piece of **** was a career rapist and the only ones we can blame for what he did is all of us. Not the judge. Not the Parole board or the police. Us. The decisions like this that are being made are by people who never have to deal with these ****heads when they are in street mode committing crimes. You see them all clean shaven and in their court suits or white shirts becoming born again etc. You poor misguided fools. You don’t even care about the effects of what they have done to our society. Our penalties used to be tough and crime was low. When I started in the police force 34 years ago we called it “Marijuana” It was the biggest thing on the street. Crime was not rampant. Then the drug importing began and the addiction, the shift to powders etc and suspended sentences and here we are. Well your system has worked hasn’t it. Then you voice how much you hate police. But you ring us and run inside and hide whilst we come out and deal with the **** you don’t have the ******* guts to deal with yourself. But you are right up there on your keyboards bravely **** canning the police for excessive force and filming it on your cameras. Here we are in Australia expecting the world to fall at our feet. “Lets boycott Bali. Wow you heroes. That will fix them. Won’t mean ****. You think Australia props up Bali. There are more tourist from Europe than Australia there. And its mostly the bogans one and only overseas holiday destination. Henry Chinn. Know him? Bet not. Well he is on death row in China for trying to smuggle 270 grams of meth into our lovely country in 2004. Have you given a **** about him yet? No. Why? Cos the media hasn’t spoon fed you the crap to hype you up. Who are the two Aussies who were caught in China in last year trying to cart 75kg of ice to here? Davis and Gardiner. They are a couple. China has executed in excess of 1000 people in a 12 month period. But you still buy their **** every day. You hypocrites. These two Australians will be executed and you will still buy their product. Second chance you say. You think these people have no prior convictions. You think this is their first attempt. Wake up fools. Stop hugging yourselves. Two men died today because they broke a law in a country where they knew they faced death if caught. Had they have got away with it, there would be a countless number of 19 year old girls laying in the gutter dead. Quick run inside and tell yourself what a great person you are.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #176
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
The Age F'book page lit up well and truly!
Do you have a link to their post?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 11:00 PM   #177
Spurious

Quote:
Well it was...

What next, the Adolf Hitler Humanitarian Society!
Anything's possible, hell, even Jews buy Volkswagens now!!!

WHAT...
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 11:24 PM   #178
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Do pedophiles and rapists get firing squad too in Indonesia? Imagine if we would prisoner exchange with Indonesia...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:15 AM   #179
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Doing the rounds via social media. One opinion the mainstream media wont touch with a 10 ft pole.
I can only disagree with one part of that, defending yourself is open to being charged yourself . That is why coppers are for, you just have to hope they turn up in time .
As for the rest it is pretty much spot on . I would hazard a guess that the majority of the anti brigade have never had contact with a heroin addict, if they did they might have slightly different opinion, especially if they were the parents .
Politics has a lot to answer for over the years, in the past countries used drugs to prop up their power, now they are using it in a more obscure way.
An example is the Qld bikie laws, under Newman an attempt was made to curb the ability of gangs to distribute drugs . During the recent election campaign labor was quite willing to put out there that there would be a chance of REVIEWING the harsh laws to win votes . It does not appear that with evidence gathered over years that some of these people had a heavy involvement in the drug trade. These are the ones who should be answering questions, not the Indonesian govt who have had THEIR laws in place for years and never wavered .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #180
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Do you have a link to their post?
Just get on to their F'book page and scroll down till you see it. For whatever reason when I click on it it just goes straight to their website article.