Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #151
SVD

i think the term 'muscle car' is a pretty good give away, it is a car that requires muscles to go around a track very very fast... it can be a 6 or an 8 or a 10 or a 12. if it requires you to use alot of muscle to get it to go around a track at very fast speeds with very little mechanical help etc... then it aint a muscle car.
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #152
Bluntman
Loves the blunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraco
Not a true muscle car? What about a 283 FUEL INJECTED '57 CHEV or the rarest of all a 1957 CHEVROLET 150 2 door sedan NASCAR SPEC from Chevrolet, aka THE BLACK WIDOW!

Yeah I'm standing by my opinion. Like I said, the term "muscle car' is only going to be personal opinion but the 57 Chev I would class as a classic car, not a muscle car.

And yes I think to be a muscle car it has to be a two door. You can get tough cars in every variety but that doesn't make it a muscle car. I wouldn't say an XY GTHO is a muscle car as it has four doors. Yeah its an awesome car but its a sedan. Just like how the new Skyline is an awesome and tough looking car with only 2 doors but its no muscle car.
Bluntman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #153
jsoto
Starter Motor

^ 57 CHEVY FTW! incredible design and reputation.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #154
Saraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntman
Yeah I'm standing by my opinion. Like I said, the term "muscle car' is only going to be personal opinion but the 57 Chev I would class as a classic car, not a muscle car.

And yes I think to be a muscle car it has to be a two door. You can get tough cars in every variety but that doesn't make it a muscle car. I wouldn't say an XY GTHO is a muscle car as it has four doors. Yeah its an awesome car but its a sedan. Just like how the new Skyline is an awesome and tough looking car with only 2 doors but its no muscle car.
A fuelie '57 WAS a muscle car! Like it's rival the McCulloch(later Paxton)supercharged '57 Ford Fairlane. The muscle car did not begin in a blinding flash with the '64 Pontiac GTO in the US, but was slowly evolving from 1932 with the FORD V8 , 1949 OLDSMOBILE ROCKET 88, 1951 HUDSON HORNET,1951 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER/SARATOGA FIREPOWER HEMI V-8 ETC.Look at the Standard Guide To AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS, all these and many more are listed.
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post