Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #16891
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

NSW/VIC
NSW records 176 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9730 (from 0.9979) while the actual line is a bit further below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 1,275 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0089 (from 1.0304) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend which has been changed back to a 3rd order line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #16892
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
America, or as my friend deliberately calls it “The Untied States”. I’ve heard of so many of their colleagues and acquaintances (predominantly white, 50+ demographic, range of occupations, not overly sporty) becoming seriously ill or dying from Covid that it casts a sobering light on our comparative situation. And despite that, they will defend to their dying breath, the notions of personal freedom.
Life with out passion would be kinda boring most here have succumbed.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #16893
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How confusing are the bloody mask rules in Victoria?

I've spent the whole weekend walking in and out of shops without a mask as I thought the requirement had been removed. I thought it was a bit strange that there were still ~90% of people wearing masks indoors. Strange creatures of habit I thought. Got a few weird looks, but no one said anything. No comments from staff in any stores either.

Only to find out tonight that indoor retail still has a mask mandate until 15th Dec

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #16894
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You sovereign citizen! It’s actually an interesting experiment you performed there.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 11:13 AM   #16895
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC
NSW records 180 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9665 (from 0.9730) while the actual line is a bit further below the predictive trend line which has finally flattened out a bit.

VIC records 1,275 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0014 (from 1.0089) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend but is heading back toward it.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 11:15 AM   #16896
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

I've spent the whole weekend walking in and out of shops without a mask as I thought the requirement had been removed. I thought it was a bit strange that there were still ~90% of people wearing masks indoors. Strange creatures of habit I thought. Got a few weird looks, but no one said anything. No comments from staff in any stores either.

Only to find out tonight that indoor retail still has a mask mandate until 15th Dec
From what I saw locally at the weekend, you aren't the only one. Mask compliance had been pretty good around here but they were definitely the exception rather than the rule this weekend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #16897
slowsnake
Banned

Everytime I quote the West Australian newspaper, I do it as I see it and type it verbatim.
I can't give the link, though I wish I could, saves me typing, I do not subscribe to online anything media.

Hundreds of Cops face being stood down over jab deadline.

Quote-:
More than 360 unvaccinated WA Police Officers and staff will have their pay stopped and face losing their jobs if they "refuse" to get the Covid-19 jab by the end of the month.

The fresh warning from Police Commissioner Chris Dawson was attacked by the WA Police Union, which labelled it as a threat to "starve our unvaccinated members into compliance"

"Vaccination is a personal choice", WA Police Union acting President Mick Kelly said...Unquote-:

And I thought it was the law?.....silly me.....
Old 22-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #16898
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 21st 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,466 new cases for Australia and 6 deaths so the CMR is 0.980%.

149 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.391%.

The UK had 39,458 cases yesterday and 61 deaths for a CMR of 1.462%.

43,730 new cases in the USA yesterday and 420 deaths sees CMR at 1.634%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Asia passes 1.2M deaths - 38.4% of them in India;

No countries
.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Montenegro and Moldova drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 12:25 PM   #16899
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Everytime I quote the West Australian newspaper, I do it as I see it and type it verbatim.
I can't give the link, though I wish I could, saves me typing, I do not subscribe to online anything media.

Hundreds of Cops face being stood down over jab deadline.

Quote-:
More than 360 unvaccinated WA Police Officers and staff will have their pay stopped and face losing their jobs if they "refuse" to get the Covid-19 jab by the end of the month.

The fresh warning from Police Commissioner Chris Dawson was attacked by the WA Police Union, which labelled it as a threat to "starve our unvaccinated members into compliance"

"Vaccination is a personal choice", WA Police Union acting President Mick Kelly said...Unquote-:

And I thought it was the law?.....silly me.....
it is a choice, slim but still a choice , if you want to work in these fields the you need a jab
don't want a jab then you need to look at other means for an income

I'm currently a transport driver and can earn more money in one particular area using my dg certs , but I choose not to shave and grow a beard so I can't work there as I can't use the face masks in an emergency, so I work in a different area

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #16900
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

An interesting review from the USA that compared case and mortality rates between counties with <40% vax rates and those with >80% over a period between April and September this year.

Exec Summary

Compared to a county with 40% of its total population being completely vaccinated, increasing the population vaccination rate to 80% would have reduced COVID-19 cases by 45.4% between April 23rd and September 30th and COVID-19 deaths by 67.0%. Given the at-risk US population, an estimated 5,989,952 COVID-19 cases could have been prevented and 127,596 lives saved had US vaccination rates increased from 40% to 80%.

Discussion

Data from 3,070 counties across 49 states demonstrates that each percentage increase in people being completely vaccinated is associated with a 0.9% decrease in population-wide COVID-19 cases and a 1.9% reduction in COVID-19 mortality over the review period after adjusting for potential confounders.

Limiting the analysis to between July 3rd and September 30th, when Delta was the predominant US variant, gave similar results; each percentage increase in population vaccination rates was associated with a 1.1% decrease in county-wide COVID-19 cases and a 2.6% reduction in COVID-19 deaths. Among the counties with vaccination rates >40%, an additional percentage increase in vaccination rate was associated with a 1.5% reduction in population COVID-19 cases and a 2.7% decrease in COVID-19 mortality.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 22-11-2021 at 03:17 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 03:21 PM   #16901
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post

[Something about cops and vaccinations...]
Slowsnake

If you are going to quote anything verbatim link it back to the article. Obviously you can't do this if you are quoting from a physical newspaper.

Then click on this icon and this should appear;

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Then paste or type the text of the article in the area that I have highlighted red;

[QUOTE]paste or type your text here[/QUOTE]

Your post should come out something like this...

------------------------------------------------------

https://thewest.com.au/

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah

COVID

Blah, blah, blah
------------------------------------------------------
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #16902
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

I think in the big picture it comes down to yourself barring seeing the Dec 15 date.

I've lost track for here in Syd/NSW now but many many I see still wearing masks and for me, going into any shop and more so a shopping mall I'm still wearing one gladly but thats me.
Here's from NSW website :
When face masks are required

All people in NSW over the age of 12 are required to wear a face mask:

in an indoor area of premises other than a place of residence

in an indoor area on common property for residential premises

at a public transport waiting area

in a vehicle or vessel being used to provide a public transport service

working at a hospitality venue and dealing directly with members of the public

on a domestic commercial aircraft, including when the aircraft is flying above NSW.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay...ace-mask-rules
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 10:52 PM   #16903
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pay close attention to him..

3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 10:52 PM   #16904
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

on a domestic commercial aircraft, including when the aircraft is flying above NSW.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay...ace-mask-rules
So if you boarded in a non mask state and flew to one, maybe Qld to tas, the pilot comes over the microphone an hour in and says you have to wear a mask in NSW airspace?
Seems pretty weird is all, hard to imagine.
Old 22-11-2021, 11:01 PM   #16905
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Makes about so much sense as charging people for the Covid test if their flight passes over Queensland.

Got a minor win on the Covid front today, was swabbed on admission to hospital but result not yet returned - so I’ve got a massive private room as a public health patient, to “isolate” me overnight.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 11:13 PM   #16906
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
missed that one, and if I read it I would have taken it as a joke.... did that requirement come from a Dr or a Minister I wonder?

NSW government ‘ignored health advice’ from Kerry Chant, new emails show

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...b7e347486a1581

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 22-11-2021, 11:23 PM   #16907
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Pay close attention to him..

Looks like fear.....fear that disinformation could cause a catastrophic outbreak wiping out his vulnerable communities.

BTW I don't agree that if you are against the mandate, then you are an antivaxer. But if you are coercing others not to take it, then that's a different ball game. IMHO.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 12:05 AM   #16908
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Looks like fear.....fear that disinformation could cause a catastrophic outbreak wiping out his vulnerable communities.

BTW I don't agree that if you are against the mandate, then you are an antivaxer. But if you are coercing others not to take it, then that's a different ball game. IMHO.
Pay closer attention to him.
Old 23-11-2021, 07:53 AM   #16909
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
So if you boarded in a non mask state and flew to one, maybe Qld to tas, the pilot comes over the microphone an hour in and says you have to wear a mask in NSW airspace?
Seems pretty weird is all, hard to imagine.
It's a requirement by Federal, State and Territory governments to wear masks inside all airports and inflight, every airport and every airline that operates in Australia have had this for near as long as covid has been here, just about all the states have their own little 'when in our airspace wear a mask' instruction attached to the conditions of entry by air, am guessing it's just reenforcing the ruling....

At the moment there are no non mask states when it comes to Airports and Flying, you wear a mask when you enter the Airport terminal and keep it on (except for eating/drinking) until you get off at the other end, whichever state that may be, of course there are exemptions but I've seen very few of these and the coppers are hot on it, If you don't have a mask on you can guarantee you will be fronted....

More examples

West Aus https://www.wa.gov.au/government/pub...sked-questions

Qld https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...andatory-masks

NT https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/covi.../face-masks/nt

Tas https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/k...ks-at-airports

Vic https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/f...wear-face-mask

SA https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/w...tsandairplanes

And

Qantas https://www.qantas.com/au/en/coronav...ing.html#masks

Virgin https://travel.virginaustralia.com/a...alth-wellbeing

Jetstar same as Qantas https://travel.virginaustralia.com/a...alth-wellbeing

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 08:26 AM   #16910
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Pay closer attention to him.
I got it. He's not wearing a tie.....................
Old 23-11-2021, 09:34 AM   #16911
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I got it. He's not wearing a tie.....................
and BIG ears.
Old 23-11-2021, 11:24 AM   #16912
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

This might upset those governments mandating??

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...8743b585fd?amp

(I’d suggest we’ll know once climate change is back to front page instead of Covid?)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 23-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #16913
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records 173 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9734 (from 0.9665) while the actual line is a bit further below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 827 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9763 (from 1.0014) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend but is heading back toward it.

Week 19 in Victoria ended today with 95,062 cases to date compared to 20,024 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak (which was almost over at this point) and 70,039 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers see Victoria with 3x more cases than NSW last week and overall case numbers for Victoria are down by 753 on last week. Note that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #16914
slowsnake
Banned

Just read that Charlie and it really is something to look into, I suppose all Virii have a fault in their genetic make-up, makes you wonder if it is man made or something due to other natural causes, demise by natural attrition!
Old 23-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #16915
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A sobering number of deaths in Victoria, highest in nearly a month.
4 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #16916
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 22nd 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,215 new cases for Australia and 4 deaths so the CMR is 0.976%.

204 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.393%.

The UK had 44,434 cases yesterday and 45 deaths for a CMR of 1.456%.

85,514 new cases in the USA yesterday and 652 deaths sees CMR at 1.632%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 258M, the last 1M in 2 days;

No countries
.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Estonia and Armenia drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #16917
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
A sobering number of deaths in Victoria, highest in nearly a month.
Yeah, just as we open our border here in SA and thousands of them pour over it.
Just came back down SE Freeway from Murray Bridge and every 2nd car has Vic plates, you can almost taste the virus spread.
Here we go, Marshall can FRO!
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #16918
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

If you are against the mandate for vaccination then you are anti-vaxxer

Quote:
anti-vax/anti-vaxxer
"opposed to vaccination"
for whatever reason.
Old 23-11-2021, 05:17 PM   #16919
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
or stooopid is stoopider
Old 23-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #16920
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Reads like a simpleton's definition.

Rides (past and present)

4 users like this post:
Closed Thread