Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #1471
GRB
Starter Motor

Default F150 Rebuild

Hi all,
I'm posting for my partner who is totally computer illiterate but boy can he spend money!!
He's doing up his F150 1991, it's got a 460, american imported bucket seats, new paint. Still to do is upholstery, Alpine system and speakers, ss bull bar, side steps.
He's joined here because he's having trouble with wheels and a few other things. really looking forward to some opinions.
Should I post pics here or head for the main forums??
Who knows, I may even learn something.
GRB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1472
bulletman

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday All,

Just joined so thought i'd say hello.

I live in Darwin and have a 67 XR ute that has been in the famaily forever, and am now going to give it a new lease of life.

Will be seeking the advice of those in the know of what engines/gearboxes etc will suit as it currently has a 250.

Anyway look forward to learning heaps and hopefully being able to contribute when I can.

Cheers
bulletman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #1473
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard.

GRB- the forum has an F-Series sub forum. You may be able to find the information you are after in there and if not, feel free to start a thread and get some feedback.

That is what we are all here for...to offer advice and share our passions for Ford products

Cheers
Col
Old 26-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #1474
xrcis7
Starter Motor

Hi guys and girls,

Finally joined up and thought I'd say hello to you all. I previously owned an AU XR6 I built from a wreck xr and a 1 mil K taxi. V8 supercar kit, bionic blue respray, full exhaust, Chopper rims, engine work, slammed, full custom stereo etc.... Had to sell it a few months ago due to moving to WA, but now I've picked up a freshly sprayed AU falcon Ute cab sprayed in BA galaxy blue and building a new daily. I'll post pics eventually but yeah, nice to become part of the community.
xrcis7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #1475
Johnmac
Starter Motor

Hello

This obviously is my first post. Had many Fords over the years and while they have generally been good to great cars, there have been instances where Ford has not lived up to reasonable expectations for sales and service. The forum gives me good indications if others are experiencing similar problems.
Johnmac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #1476
windsored
Starter Motor

Hi there fellow 'forders', its my first day here and i am so far having a bit of trouble navigating the site to actually find what i am looking for.So I was wondering if somewhere here there is a VIN decoder for the 'E' series Falcs as I am considering buying an ED XR8 Sprint and need to check out that it is actually what it's claiming to be? It has so far checked out ok regarding all the options that it should have except for the Momo steering wheel, so please don't bombard me with all the 'BLAH,BLAH' stuff about badges,SVO wheels,tacho's red lining at 5500rpm,colors,and the rest of the stuff that can be added to any XR in a weekends work.I just need to decode the VIN..
THNX. Ian.
windsored is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #1477
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hi Ian and welcome to the Forum.

There is information in the Tech Resources portal on how to decipher a VIN.

This is a link on how to read the VIN number. Although the example provided is from an AU it relates to all VIN numbers and how to work out what it means.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...article&id=201

Hope this helps you some. There are other documents in the Tech Resources section just for E series cars.

Cheers
Col
Old 27-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #1478
windsored
Starter Motor

Hi there fellow 'forders', its my first day here and i am so far having a bit of trouble navigating the site to actually find what i am looking for.So I was wondering if somewhere here there is a VIN decoder for the 'E' series Falcs as I am considering buying an ED XR8 Sprint and need to check out that it is actually what it's claiming to be? It has so far checked out ok regarding all the options that it should have except for the Momo steering wheel, so please don't bombard me with all the 'BLAH,BLAH' stuff about badges,SVO wheels,tacho's red lining at 5500rpm,colors,and the rest of the stuff that can be added to any XR in a weekends work.I just need to decode the VIN..
THNX. Ian.
windsored is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #1479
Johnno63
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey all, found the forum last nite looking 4 info 4 my Tickford, stoked 2 find it and start exploring, my drive is a 01 xr8 tonner (pics when i work out how 2 post ) and my project is a 64 xm wagon ( long way 2 go with her ) anyway this looks like the place 4 good advice 4 both my rides, looking 4ward 2 meeting and getting 2 know other meumbers, ctheers guys, Johnno
Johnno63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #1480
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnno63
Hey all, found the forum last nite looking 4 info 4 my Tickford, stoked 2 find it and start exploring, my drive is a 01 xr8 tonner (pics when i work out how 2 post ) and my project is a 64 xm wagon ( long way 2 go with her ) anyway this looks like the place 4 good advice 4 both my rides, looking 4ward 2 meeting and getting 2 know other meumbers, ctheers guys, Johnno
Gday Johnno, and welcome to AFF. Post up some pics of your rides post haste.
SSD-85 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #1481
brad290
Starter Motor

new hear so i thought id best say hi all
iv moved up from a 89 sss vecter to a 97 el 4.0 , 5 spd with a o2 rush filter s/steel exhaust and also have a 03 ba xt 6cyl
brad290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #1482
Johnno63
Starter Motor

Thanks 4 the welcome scotty, luv 2 c your galaxie man, sounds hot, i,ll post pics up in next couple of days, cheers
Johnno63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #1483
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnno63
Thanks 4 the welcome scotty, luv 2 c your galaxie man, sounds hot, i,ll post pics up in next couple of days, cheers
Heres the link to my Project thread for the Gal:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...71#post4192471

Enjoy
SSD-85 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #1484
haza78
Starter Motor

Hey guys,

Just saying a quick hello. I have recently bought a ZC Fairlane. I am currently thinking of installing some upgraded suspension from RRS and a Pavtek 363ci windsor. I have always loved my fords. My first car was a 1974 TC Cortina wagon that my grandfather bought new. It had the 4 litre six in it and only 50,000km on it when I got it. It was a 20 year old car when I owned it. I have also had two ea falcons, an eb falcon and a BF XR6 turbo. Apart from the fords I strayed to the dark side with a vt berlina and a HJ monaro coupe. Also had a toyota soarer and a subaru forester GT. Anyway love the forum and will be looking at info in relation to doing up the ZC
Cheers,
Harry
haza78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #1485
owen & paula
Starter Motor

Hi Just joined, have been reading for awhile , xp freak for about 30years, currently own 66 xp ute,302 c4 limited slip , dual tank dual batteries, owned for 20 odd years, also have 65 4 door running 5 litre fuel injected xr8, c4 nine inch, power, air, cruise and all RRS running gear for a smooth drive, currently building xm 2 door.Old school 289 c4, mustang diff, hope to chat to anyone with xp"s any hints will be helpfull when building next project. cheers STRETCH
owen & paula is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #1486
Tommie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all,

Been a long time reader, now going to be a poster too. Currently own (for last 6 yrs) a Vixen BA XR8 4spd. Have been mucking around with it for last few years and now have installed ceramic pacemakers (tuned length), ballistic cats, HM/Perry catback, 2'nd air intake into pod, power pipe thingo, front 30mm sway bar and BPT tune. All good.

My wife drives our Lightning Strike FG XR6, 6spd man. Standard. She wont let me mod it, yet....

Cheers
Tommie
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #1487
dylan.1989
Starter Motor

Hey all new member
dylan.1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #1488
ozrockit
Starter Motor

gidday All from sunny Kalgoorlie, Just sold my XG ute, Wrecked (stripped) my XG parts ute (parts still for sale!) and am currently giving an abused AU2 a birthday with some long overdue maintainence.

This forum has been invaluable to me as /I am a hack amature with a full tool kit ;).

Congrats and thanks to all who put up tutes, I owe you big thanks and plan to put up a few happy snaps on my injector change project. See ya round the pits.
ozrockit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #1489
1972CapriGTV6
Starter Motor

Post Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

i wish to say gday to all forum members. I have just joined. I am the proud owner of 2 old fords.
a 1975 Capri GT V6 3000 in Burnt Orange and
a 1975 P5 LTD in Apollo Blue.

regards
1972CapriGTV6
1972CapriGTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #1490
ooof6u
Starter Motor

Hi forum members,

Love the site and appears to be a place where i can get some friendly advice on future modifications. At the moment i am driving a 2010 FG F6 ute.

Thanks and look forward to talking with you in the future!
ooof6u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #1491
bjdt
Starter Motor

hello everyone just signed up I have a ba xtii duel fuel ive been veiwing the threads for a while i just want to do diy mods and interested in putting a hho fuel suppliment in my car maybe someone who has done it can help
anyway i think everyone is doing excellent job in these threads and are very helpfull thanks
bjdt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1492
cdjb0351
XY GT TO BE

Hi All, just signed up, i have XR6 AU ute and just bought an XY Futura for my new project, will be a purple GT when i have finished, so Hi again to all
Cheers
Old 29-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #1493
OOPS
Starter Motor

Hey everyone OOPS is my licence plate in case you were wondering
There on a red BF magnet ute turbo 6 cogger manual 400 at the treads for now but that's gonna change
OOPS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #1494
Jesspl123
Starter Motor

Hey, my name is Jesse, I'm 19 and driving a BF Futura, love my car and here to see what other people do with their fords as well as having quite a few questions about some concerns with my car and where I can get some parts from and stuff! Anyway, hope to find my answers here!
Jesspl123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #1495
SRG
Starter Motor

Greetings all - great site eclipsed possibly by the Jag Lovers site - yes I have an old Jag BUT a Territory also and with it a few problems. It's an Oct 2008 SR rear wheel drive. Great engine, not overjoyed with the transmission but the room, handling and comfort have to be the best value for money you can get.
Anyway I lost five hours of my life at the dealers today whilst they took the warp out of the front rotors AGAIN and stung me $500 for a new 02 sensor - the one before the CAT'.
So the two questions are - Can I expect to have the rotors re-ground every two years and is the 02 sensor failure common? This vehicle never gets run hard, gets fed 98 RON, doesn't tow (much) and only has 78000 under it's wheels.
The dealer said he has never seen the sensor pack it in but that warped rotors are common.
O.K. another question. I usually do ALL the work on my cars but am slightly confused by E.C.U.'s etc. How difficult is it to get hold of my own diagnostic equipment and set it up to find out what this car is doing. Equipment? Laptop? Special kit?/? Cost?
Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

SRG
SRG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #1496
thinkingRTV
Starter Motor

Gday all. Great forum, been lurking for a while. Currently driving an 98 EL Futura, and time for a change
thinkingRTV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #1497
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Hi to all the new members and welcome.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #1498
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by haza78
Hey guys,

Just saying a quick hello. I have recently bought a ZC Fairlane. I am currently thinking of installing some upgraded suspension from RRS and a Pavtek 363ci windsor. I have always loved my fords. My first car was a 1974 TC Cortina wagon that my grandfather bought new. It had the 4 litre six in it and only 50,000km on it when I got it. It was a 20 year old car when I owned it. I have also had two ea falcons, an eb falcon and a BF XR6 turbo. Apart from the fords I strayed to the dark side with a vt berlina and a HJ monaro coupe. Also had a toyota soarer and a subaru forester GT. Anyway love the forum and will be looking at info in relation to doing up the ZC
Cheers,
Harry
Great gear the RRS stuff - pity you have to sell body parts to buy it. We've got a couple of nice Z series Fairlanes around the forum so I'm sure there will be some good help available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen & paula
Hi Just joined, have been reading for awhile , xp freak for about 30years, currently own 66 xp ute,302 c4 limited slip , dual tank dual batteries, owned for 20 odd years, also have 65 4 door running 5 litre fuel injected xr8, c4 nine inch, power, air, cruise and all RRS running gear for a smooth drive, currently building xm 2 door.Old school 289 c4, mustang diff, hope to chat to anyone with xp"s any hints will be helpful when building next project. cheers STRETCH
Nice to see some more of the earlier models around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie
Hi all,

Been a long time reader, now going to be a poster too. Currently own (for last 6 yrs) a Vixen BA XR8 4spd. Have been mucking around with it for last few years and now have installed ceramic pacemakers (tuned length), ballistic cats, HM/Perry catback, 2'nd air intake into pod, power pipe thingo, front 30mm sway bar and BPT tune. All good.

My wife drives our Lightning Strike FG XR6, 6spd man. Standard. She wont let me mod it, yet....

Cheers
Tommie
.. keep working on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrockit
gidday All from sunny Kalgoorlie, Just sold my XG ute, Wrecked (stripped) my XG parts ute (parts still for sale!) and am currently giving an abused AU2 a birthday with some long overdue maintainence.

This forum has been invaluable to me as /I am a hack amature with a full tool kit ;).

Congrats and thanks to all who put up tutes, I owe you big thanks and plan to put up a few happy snaps on my injector change project. See ya round the pits.
That's what this place is about - members helping each other with their knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972CapriGTV6
i wish to say gday to all forum members. I have just joined. I am the proud owner of 2 old fords.
a 1975 Capri GT V6 3000 in Burnt Orange and
a 1975 P5 LTD in Apollo Blue.

regards
1972CapriGTV6
Having owned one of each in the past, I wish I still had them both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farkengruven
Hi forum members,

Love the site and appears to be a place where i can get some friendly advice on future modifications. At the moment i am driving a 2010 FG F6 ute.

Thanks and look forward to talking with you in the future!
Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdt
hello everyone just signed up I have a ba xtii duel fuel ive been veiwing the threads for a while i just want to do diy mods and interested in putting a hho fuel supplement in my car maybe someone who has done it can help
anyway i think everyone is doing excellent job in these threads and are very helpfull thanks
An excellent way to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG
Greetings all - great site eclipsed possibly by the Jag Lovers site - yes I have an old Jag BUT a Territory also and with it a few problems. It's an Oct 2008 SR rear wheel drive. Great engine, not overjoyed with the transmission but the room, handling and comfort have to be the best value for money you can get.
Anyway I lost five hours of my life at the dealers today whilst they took the warp out of the front rotors AGAIN and stung me $500 for a new 02 sensor - the one before the CAT'.
So the two questions are - Can I expect to have the rotors re-ground every two years and is the 02 sensor failure common? This vehicle never gets run hard, gets fed 98 RON, doesn't tow (much) and only has 78000 under it's wheels.
The dealer said he has never seen the sensor pack it in but that warped rotors are common.
O.K. another question. I usually do ALL the work on my cars but am slightly confused by E.C.U.'s etc. How difficult is it to get hold of my own diagnostic equipment and set it up to find out what this car is doing. Equipment? Laptop? Special kit?/? Cost?
Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

SRG
There are specialist areas of this forum where you can get more detailed help but as a short answer:

1. Yes, machining of rotors at 60k intervals is common - and replacement the 2nd time round. It's deliberate based on improved braking from softer rotor materials.

2. The dealer is right in saying the sensor failures are rare - although cars that do a lot of short runs are going to be slightly more prone.

3. There is an article in the tech portal that covers the question of DIY OBD readers along with a whole pile of information about how it all works

Link can be found HERE

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #1499
Pondy16
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,
My names pondy and I own a 2005 ford territory at present stock.
Pondy16 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #1500
79da

G'day. My name is Lucky. I've been driving and tinkering with fords for nearly 30 yrs now. Grouse site with alot of useful information. Keep up the good work everybody!

My more memorable rides have been LJ GTR, XW Futura, Escort, Vj Vaiant, XB, XD, XE Ghia, Ef, Ba xl ute

Current ride is BF egas XR6 Cab Chas and Xd ESP/GHIA ute.
79da is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post