Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #121
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster
At this moment i not seeing your point about racing a prelude and your Au. Both of them are manufactures differently, and the fact you are both planning to race on the street isn't exactly an brilliant plan at all.
Who said anything about it being on the street?

Just because they are manufactured differently doesnt mean that theres no point to it? Its the interest of determining prosposed power against weight and transmission styles of each vehicle. Alot of people find it interesting to debate specs of cars to determine an outcome.

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #122
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

see if you can give him a squirt early in the morning , if yours is similar to mine the horses turn to mustangs on a cool morning, feels like there`s another 20 horses, his are only shetlands ;).
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #123
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
exactly,so you,ve obviously driven one.like severe turbo lag all the way to 5,500 rpm. :
Spectacular fail at humour.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #124
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBomb3000
how do you propose to get a BF stocker with a ZF?
don't worry mate,there are a few around...not to mention running low to mid 14's,190kw's and a zf will give a ls1 a good go down the quarter mile.

Btw,this thread is great,vtec's do go hard,plus i love the sound of the s2000 at full noise,also it's good to see that this guy is honest about his results...unlike some of the figures and times flying around :
futura888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #125
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

The VTEC's are more capable than a lot of people give them credit for and a hell of a lot of fun. Thank God for the rev limiter, as over 8500rpm is easy for an B18.

The earliest 1600cc VTEC engine’s had a reputation as all or nothing, but the ones I have driven weren’t that bad. Since the early models the stepping point from the low-lift cam to the high lift-cam is a lot more subtle. Remember that there are now various iterations of VTEC - single cam economy versions and DOHC performance versions.

XR6 4EVA – with your planned mods and an extra 160-170kg on board the Prelude I reckon you’d be a lot closer and may even beat him.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #126
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
Spectacular fail at humour.

I dont know where your coming from big bird.there was no humour at all intented in my post in anyway whatsoever,I was merely stating the facts. :

WERE YOU REFERRING TO YOUR OWN POST OR MINE?

Last edited by dave289; 10-08-2008 at 11:21 PM.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #127
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

I have no idea what you are talking about, lil Davo. I made a (well-known) joke about VTec and you started making rather difficult to decipher accusations.

I have nothing against Hondas or turbocharged cars.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #128
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
I have no idea what you are talking about, lil Davo. I made a (well-known) joke about VTec and you started making rather difficult to decipher accusations.

I have nothing against Hondas or turbocharged cars.
i thought you were referring to my post ,sorry misunderstood.that was not a failure ,well put I thought
Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #129
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

No prob, mate. Those were terrible jokes.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #130
dave289
Banned

while I have driven a few v-tecs ,I have not driven one for a few years and the lag may have improved over time.in a local newspaper, i have read that the new arial atom(I think thats what it was)uses the new vtec from the civic and does 0-100 in less than 3 seconds.but you still have to thrash this engine to make the most of it which would be fine in the atom which is more race car than street car.when I was in picking up a part at honda lately I checked out the new type r civic and to be honest I was very impressed with it both inside and out.the salesman there decribed the car as " a weapon".
Old 11-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #131
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

The version of the Ariel Atom that you are quoting uses a (after market) supercharged 2.0 litre K20 VTEC, very quick!

I’ve got a DC2R B18 Integra and it does have a mild stepping point around 5500rpm (cut out is 8800rpm, and you need it). The K20s in the DC5R Integra have a less pronounced “step” and are meant to be a bit easier to get more grunt out of.

Looking at data traces of BF FPV GT’s and F6’s (Autos) at Winton where I am doing similar lap times (I can do 1:45's on stock tyres and 1:43's on R-spec tyres), they look like they nail me on acceleration and straight line grunt (as they should with up to 3 times the capacity and double the power and torque) and I always seem to make my gains under brakes and through the corners. Glass half empty thinking = the FPV’s (and they are autos remember, not the theoretically quicker manuals) blow me away in a straight line, glass half full thinking = The little B18 does a pretty good job just of keeping my car in the hunt until I can get to the turns.

On a power track like Phillip Island I’m struggling to do 1:58’s but I’d say the FPV’s would easily beat that. And no, I can’t tow anything or carry more than 2+2 people in comfort.

The new BN2 Civic Type R – it’s divided the Honda community. I’m on the fence. And while I’d prefer it to weight much less, have a better suspension, Helical LSD and more power the final result depends on the base car that Honda UK have to work with.

If you want to slow down a Honda get in front of him so that they can’t rev and use your advantage of torque from low RPM. If I get caught behind a slower large capacity car on the track it is a PITA to get past with ought a bit of co-operation from them. Once I’ve got clear air it’s a different story.

It takes a while for the little cars to build up revs. A recent run through the city with a workmate in a Peugeot 207 GTi (turbo 1.6) proved the point he could out grunt me from low revs and I had to keep my revs up to make sure he didn’t pull away too much.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ

Last edited by Rev28K; 11-08-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #132
Scrotus
BFXR6T

has this drag happened yet?
Scrotus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #133
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes, read back a few posts/pages
Old 12-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #134
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

FYI - getting flashtune and shift kit today.

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #135
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztU8V0wfkc

LoL ^^^ Just finished adding the words
Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #136
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura888
don't worry mate,there are a few around...not to mention running low to mid 14's,190kw's and a zf will give a ls1 a good go down the quarter mile.

Btw,this thread is great,vtec's do go hard,plus i love the sound of the s2000 at full noise,also it's good to see that this guy is honest about his results...unlike some of the figures and times flying around :

Whose stock BF N/A I6 with the ZF is pulling low 14's???
I would be very interested to find out becuase if this is the case, I'm selling my BA XR6 Turbo (4spd running low 14's - high 13's on a good day with quality rubber), and buying a BF N/A with the ZF and spending the change on a turbo conversion!!!
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #137
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Can't beleive this thead is still going.

Prelude beat a XR6.

Its full of girlsh VTEC bashing and lame "what ifs" and "the XR coulda' beat if"

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #138
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Whose stock BF N/A I6 with the ZF is pulling low 14's???
I would be very interested to find out becuase if this is the case, I'm selling my BA XR6 Turbo (4spd running low 14's - high 13's on a good day with quality rubber), and buying a BF N/A with the ZF and spending the change on a turbo conversion!!!

swan ford... ran 14.3 I believe..

Check the bseries section

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #139
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugg3r
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztU8V0wfkc

LoL ^^^ Just finished adding the words
ROFL
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #140
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
swan ford... ran 14.3 I believe..

Check the bseries section

There was a drive article that had an XT with a 6sp run a 14.5 qtr. I still dont believe this as it had a V6 tarago run a 15.1. Something wasn't right with that article.