Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #121
WASP
Whipple Induced

This post is not directed at anyone specifically but the lack of compassion in regards to Van Nguyen astounds me. The boy made a terrible mistake and paid the ultimate price. Let that be enough.

I'm sure many of you here have done something stupid at one point or another in your life that may have put other live's at risk (i.e. speeding, driving under the influence etc). Just be greatful your still here while other have not been gifted with a second chance.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #122
Bodat
hmm...GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
I hear the mum of the death row inmate gave him a couple of books to read when she got to the prison last week ! One was "tourist things to see in NOOSA !" and the other was "101 things to do with a rope ! " :evilsasmo
Reading through this thread I've realised that there are some people out there who are simply idiots.

Yes everyone has a right to free speech in this country, but to take the time to write something like the above quote is plainly insensitive to say the least.

For the record, I believe that we respect the laws of the country you are in. Whilst it is a sad situation for the family and i don't entirely believe the crime warrants the death penalty, he did it, was caught therefore he payed for his actions.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #123
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Since when has alcohol been addictive?
I know drinkers, but don't know anyone Addicted.

Oh an Illegal drugs are pushed onto kids, where are kids make there mind up (to be popular) with alc or smokes.

I can't remamber ever seeing a theif steel to pay for his smoking addition?

I did a week "working" not a patient in the "Alcohol and drug detox" ward and i can tell you that Alcohol is addictive. hence the term alcoholic.

I saw one patient having withdrawal symptons when his BAC .120 (that is not a misprint) so alcohol can be addictive.

But this is off topic...
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
Old 02-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #124
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
This post is not directed at anyone specifically but the lack of compassion in regards to Van Nguyen astounds me. The boy made a terrible mistake and paid the ultimate price. Let that be enough.

I'm sure many of you here have done something stupid at one point or another in your life that may have put other live's at risk (i.e. speeding, driving under the influence etc). Just be greatful your still here while other have not been gifted with a second chance.
I know we are all entitled to our our opinion ....But i have no compassion for anybody who deals drugs or delivers them. They wreck so many lives directly and indirectly. whether it be through stealing to pay for drugs, prostitution, numerous disease that are spread, Hep B, C, AIDS, to name a few, and violence. IT wrecks families and also puts people into hospital and mental health facilities. Lord knows in QLD atleast that the hospitals cannot cope with as it is.

I think they should all be exicuted. no second chances if i was the judge. I know we all make mistakes but for most of these people it is they living/livelyhood. That is not a mistake....
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
Old 02-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #125
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Thanks bodat , your opinion means a lot to me !

He got what the criminal bastard deserved , and these bleeding hearts want to turn him into a hero ! I hope my opinion of you being a tosser means more than your opinion means to me ! :

I wonder if he is any taller now ??? :

I'm not arrogent , Just superior

Last edited by Blue Oval Mopar Man; 02-12-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #126
Bodat
hmm...GT

You're welcome Mopar.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. It's those that don't think before they type that i take issue with.

Why are you hoping? And to who are you hoping to?

To be honest that's a rather poor retort, expected better from someone who thinks he's a comedian.

PS: What's wrong with tossing? Are you telling me you've not a tosser? :
Old 02-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #127
gozza

tossers such an ugly word
insert" self indulgence"
Old 02-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #128
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Back on the subject now , I wonder did we do they do the right thing by hanging him !

Maybe he was a bit like micheal hutchence and gets off on being strangled ! Yep , they should have shot him !

Old 02-12-2005, 06:23 PM   #129
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIwindsor
But i have no compassion for anybody who deals drugs or delivers them. They wreck so many lives directly and indirectly. whether it be through stealing to pay for drugs, prostitution, numerous disease that are spread, Hep B, C, AIDS, to name a few, and violence. IT wrecks families and also puts people into hospital and mental health facilities. Lord knows in QLD atleast that the hospitals cannot cope with as it is.....
So does drink driving and speeding.

The fact that you or anyone else thinks he got the right punishment for his crimes is none of my business. I'm merely pointing out how surprised I am in how uncompassionate many of you sound about it. (see above^^:yeees: )

Having compassion is not a sign of weakness or agreement; it's a sign of human decency. Being compassionate does not suggest you support his actions. All it does is show that we are humanly capable of comprehending that sometimes good people make bad or even terrible decisions. Compassion is a quality in humans we have over the entire animal kingdom..or so I thought.

Last edited by WASP; 02-12-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #130
Bodat
hmm...GT

Seriously Mopar, think before you type.

You're not making any sense, it just of takes away from the full impact of your intended 'joke'. That was a joke right?

At the end of the day, it's done. It's yesterday's news, the media will find something else to keep them occupied.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #131
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Too true , bodat, Whats your point ?

If your point is you just feel like flaming someone becuase youve felt the need , get well and truely F*#ked , cause i dont give a rats what you think ! there are all different kinds of thought processes in everyones mind, and yours differs from mine ! Big deal ! But you seem to get off by getting on your soap box ! Get over it ! Ive said what I said and bugger what you think ! Simple as that ! next subject ? I suggest back to the topic !
:thebirds:

Old 02-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #132
watever

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Not going by the intended market - the intended destination. Did he really 'enter' Singapore? Obviously technically he did - but in practice - he never left that airport, he never sold that heroin on their streets did he? So he hasnt 'infected' them with the scourge of heroin or whatever the justification they are using to hang him.

Schappelle Corby is a very different one - but using your example - she would have been ticketed to go Sydney-Denpasar right. Direct. Amsterdam not in the picture. She gets off in Bali man - she starts walking their streets and interacts in their environment (and will therefore likely buy/sell/use drugs) and is rightfully bound by their laws.

If she had a ticket Sydney-Denpasar-Amsterdam - different story and I cringe to think of the technicalities. But perhaps she wouldnt have left the airport to connect to Amsterdam and therefore same result as what I'm saying here. Bali should then not be able to enforce their laws upon her if she doesnt leave their airport.

I reckon all airports should be bound by international laws - not the country laws.
whithout reading the whoole thread are uoy saying that countraies should accept theier territorys to be used as an en route to traffic drugs, which is rediculus and intrusive to the rights of nations.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #133
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can we close this thread. He's been executed. It's all over. The red neck's can now go back to doing what they do best
Old 02-12-2005, 09:33 PM   #134
rodderz

The thread will be closed, by the look it's only going to end up in pages of arguments anyway....
Closed Thread