Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #121
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, the dealer simply adds on the auto as an option at privelege club price. All the options are at priv club price. (about 1600 extra for the auto plus stamps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I noticed this deal is only for manual for the XR6T, is it still available for the 6Auto in XR6T ??.
Old 25-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #122
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Will be interesting to see the next few months sales. People are finding it hard to even find a turbo under the scheme and as for a SY Territory, forget about it.
I have 6 SY Runout TX RWD Terry's left, all 7 seaters! Most with body colour packs and cruise! PM if interested!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #123
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Yes, the dealer simply adds on the auto as an option at privelege club price. All the options are at priv club price. (about 1600 extra for the auto plus stamps)
Out of curiosity, how much is the XR luxury pack at the private club price?
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #124
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
Out of curiosity, how much is the XR luxury pack at the private club price?
$4,164 for Standard XR6
$3,855 for XR6T and XR8
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #125
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
$4,164 for Standard XR6
$3,855 for XR6T and XR8
Does that mean I could get a XR6 Turbo Auto with Luxury Pack for about $43K in Victoria?

If so that's pretty, pretty good.
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #126
GTP-814
love the quad cams

It sound like these are equivalent to fleet prices, or are they cheaper??
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #127
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

If anybody is still trying to get into a discounted Ford... send me a PM with all details.

I have 1 voucher available.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #128
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
If anybody is still trying to get into a discounted Ford... send me a PM with all details.

I have 1 voucher available.
I wish I could JEM, but as per the norm things are turned on their head for the next couple of months. A pity for me because it's a rippa of a deal.

Thanks for the offer.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #129
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't at the moment, but probably could at the end of the year assuming I dont buy a car now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #130
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Ford Friends Program - Vehicle Eligibility Extended

We are pleased to advise that due to the outstanding success of the Ford Friends Program in May, the pool of eligible vehicles has been extended to include May 2009 plate FG Falcon Sedan / Ute (excluding FPV). Previously only January-April 2009 plate FG Falcon Sedan and Utes were eligible. While we have extended the pool of eligible vehicles, it is important to note that stocks are still limited.

June is the last month for purchases under the Ford Friends Program, so please make sure your friends have taken advantage of this fantastic offer.

As a reminder the deal is:

· Special discounted pricing for two of your friends#, plus $500 (Incl. GST) worth of Genuine Ford or Supplier Branded Accessories absolutely free!^
· Ford Contractors* are also eligible for an additional two personal purchases
· Eligible vehicles:
· All 2007 or 2008 plate vehicles
· 2009 plate SY Territory
· 2009 plate FG Falcon Sedan / Ute (up to & including May build)
· 2009 plate SY Territory MkII (up to & including May build)
· Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) are not included in this Program

· Offer only available through Southern Region Ford Dealers
· Eligible vehicles must be ordered & delivered between June 1 - June 30, 2009
· No Reportable Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)#
Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #131
FordFan1

Default Employee discounting

If deal is still available I still have two available discount vouchers.
Cheers,

Dan
FordFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #132
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default employee pricing

I am currently negotiating with a dealer with reference to the friends of ford pricing for a may build XR6T ute with the base price of $32,191 for a standard ZF auto with no options.

The car I am looking at has;

ZF automatic
Metallic Paint
Tech Pack
Luxury Pack

Basically the pricing has come back at $38,750 drive away including a "$2000 contribution" that I have to pay to use the friends of ford pricing scheme.

I hadn't read anywhere about the $2000 contribution over and above the standard employee rate, and am wondering if anyone can shed any light on the issue before I hand over my heard earned?

Any help is appreciated!
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #133
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

check another dealer about the 2000 contribution! Doesnt sound right...
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #134
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a rort!

Get another dealer, one that has dealt fairly with this deal previously. Perhaps other members here who have successfully gone through the process could recommend a dealer for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais
I am currently negotiating with a dealer with reference to the friends of ford pricing for a may build XR6T ute with the base price of $32,191 for a standard ZF auto with no options.

ZF automatic
Metallic Paint
Tech Pack
Luxury Pack

Basically the pricing has come back at $38,750 drive away including a "$2000 contribution" that I have to pay to use the friends of ford pricing scheme.

I hadn't read anywhere about the $2000 contribution over and above the standard employee rate, and am wondering if anyone can shed any light on the issue before I hand over my heard earned?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #135
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the only dealer with an XR Turbo ute that qualifies. No other dealers can get them in, regardless of circumstance. Thats why I am stuck. What I really need is clarification of the exact price breakdown that FORD will have released somewhere along the line to take to the dealer and prevent a $2000 rort.
I have to say that it was always my understanding that pricing was as per ford employees, not with any extra costs added on. Can anyone in an official capacity clarify?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #136
Nappa
Impressive...

Your not being ripped off the program is Ford Employee pricing plus $2000. If you speak to any dealer they will tell you the same thing. Its still outstanding value to buy a ute that would retail at about 50K for just under 39K. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #137
Scott

Last edited by GTP006; 05-06-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: ignore me :(
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #138
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pricing

Its also that the pricing scales that the dealer was using didnt match up to ones as displayed on this and other forums, and also were different to ones used by people who have previously purchased vehicles under the scheme.

As I worked it out the automatic XR6T ute was listed under the scheme as costing $30,191 + auto + metallic paint + lux pack and tech pack. which would bring it somewhere around 35 or 36k

There was also another dealer who priced the whole shebang (exactly same options as above) out the door as being $34,980. The only reason I didnt buy at this price, was because there was no way they could get me a car. They just didnt have access to any.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #139
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

calais - I will try and confirm for you.

But it sounds like the dealer is trying to make a little 'extra' on the deal.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #140
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JPFS-1 - Mate , any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! I'd really just like to know where I stand as it deal goes along......
Old 06-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #141
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

ZF automatic
Metallic Paint
Tech Pack
Luxury Pack

Any help is appreciated!
I went partway through the process. Couldn't have a G6ET and my dealer got onto an XR6T with ZF. But it was missing too many bits like tech pack, premo sound, etc so I backed out. I would've had to pay the extra for the ZF and bits but there was no mention of a "$2000 contribution". :togo: Something smells fishy.

When the BF Cobra was released, some unscrupulous dealers were asking up to $20k over RRP. Blatant rip but they still sold. :
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #142
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Its also that the pricing scales that the dealer was using didnt match up to ones as displayed on this and other forums, and also were different to ones used by people who have previously purchased vehicles under the scheme.

As I worked it out the automatic XR6T ute was listed under the scheme as costing $30,191 + auto + metallic paint + lux pack and tech pack. which would bring it somewhere around 35 or 36k

There was also another dealer who priced the whole shebang (exactly same options as above) out the door as being $34,980. The only reason I didnt buy at this price, was because there was no way they could get me a car. They just didnt have access to any.

30,191+AUTO(1561)+LUXPACK(3122)+TECHPACK(387)+PAIN T(312)=35,573
PLUS DEALER DELIVERY (995)+STAMP DUTY (914)+REGO (655) TOTAL 38,137 DRIVE AWAY

I'd bet some dealers will tell you what ever price they think they want you to hear, however it makes no difference to them as they cant get you a car.

Hey i could sell you a falcon ute that has wings and can fly for $3.40..... but i cant get you one so it doesnt matter.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #143
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default pricing

Point taken, And deposit placed on vehicle!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #144
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am pretty sure the $2000 figure that is being mentioned by dealers works out when you calculate it based on privilege club pricing i.e.

Privilege club pricing -
Current retail incentives on your particular vehicle choice +
$2000 = The ford friends price.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #145
zetec
Zoom Zoom

davocol is correct, it's employee pricing plus $2,000 = friends pricing. they've obviously priced it at employee plus instead of starting at friends price to begin with.

Interesting to see how quickly people on here will start crying greed at Dealers offering them something like 20% off the price, before they actually have the facts.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #146
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thankyou to all who assisted!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #147
music189
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default will try when its on again

I had a top deal for a SYII territory but could not get the wife to agree!!! I also had the $2000 contribution in my deal

So we have agreed to wait for the 2010 model update hopefully the offer will come up again and some one will post it up in the forum if it does
music189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #148
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by music189
I had a top deal for a SYII territory but could not get the wife to agree!!! I also had the $2000 contribution in my deal

So we have agreed to wait for the 2010 model update hopefully the offer will come up again and some one will post it up in the forum if it does
Hope she doesn't regret that!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #149
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well well well, and I am in the market for a new car... maybe no pus box diesel after all! I sense .... another XR8 !
Time to shake a few bushes.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #150
gtfpv
GT

ANYONE WHO CAN GIVE ME A QUOTE ON AND XR6 AUTO SEDAN IN NITRO. using this discount . pm me with a quote . i will negotiate with you.
i have had quotes already from fleet pricing, and it does not come close to these prices . mind you now 2008 2nd hand models with 20k on them can be had for $28000.
much below retail . however new is better . so give me a pm and lets talk turkey. preferably the car will be sold to a fleet company and i will lease it off them . or i buy private . then i will lease it .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post