Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #13831
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Pollies can't tell cops what to do. They set the rules and police enforce it how they best see fit. No different to last year. Haven't heard of anyone getting fined for being in a park not breaking rules.

Sky news tweeted a rumour that choppers were being sent to parks, hovering above telling parents to leave. It turned out to be a lie. VicPol responded to the tweet and they had to delete it. Too many lies being spread.
They provide rules that the police must then enforce.

The police association would not have come out against it if they weren’t being directed to do it by the government. You must be incredibly naive to believe that pollies have no sway in police operations.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....98b5deed%3famp

Probably behind a paywall, but you can read the first paragraph. Clearly the police were directed to do it.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #13832
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

The police association would not have come out against it if they weren’t being directed to do it by the government. You must be incredibly naive to believe that pollies have no sway in police operations.

Probably behind a paywall, but you can read the first paragraph. Clearly the police were directed to do it.
Full agreeance, far from being independent from political persuasion or direction.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #13833
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
My prediction: regional Vic will be in lockdown by this time next week.
I also did say in post #13593 Vicgov will struggle to contain it, it was only matter of time before this spreads to country Vic and I would go further to say Victoria will be in lockdown more than what people think.

Last edited by Itsme; 20-08-2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old 20-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #13834
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yeh behind a paywall, but Herald Sun, see what I said about Sky News / News Corp below. Maybe I am naive that way, but if people are scared to go to a park, which is allowed, because police are patrolling, then they should probably be more selective where they get their news.

I have heard the police commissioner say they are exercising their own judgement despite what gov may want. Lets see how many fines come from parks. I bet very little, unless large groups are blatantly ignoring rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme
I also did say in post #13593 Vicgov will struggle to contain it, it was only matter of time before this spreads to country Vic and I would go further to say Victoria will be in lockdown more than what people think.
Yeh its looking that way. I haven't been following the pressers. Do they say why there are so many people not isolating when infectious? Is it rule breakers? essential workers? or?

Heard something about harsher restrictions might be coming...what else can they do? ADF on the streets? Permit to leave home? 1km limit?

Some good news at least that vaccinations seems to be chugging along.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 20-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #13835
Warrenk

SPC and Qantas to make covid vaccinations compulsory to work for them, now event organisers are doing the same. A stert of things to come across Australia.

Big Red Bash, Mundi Mundi Bash to require COVID-19 vaccination for 2022 events

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...gTI9qEgYrk2JEI
Old 20-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #13836
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
The ABC are reporting a confirmed case here in Broken Hill today. They have been infectious in the community in Broken Hill and Wilcannia. So no doubt there will be more to come in the next few days for western NSW.
Well three days later and we have 10 cases in Wilcannia and 2 in Broken Hill.
Old 20-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #13837
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My prediction: regional Vic will be in lockdown by this time next week.
Shepparton cases grown by 7. Vic Pol have said they don't support the ring of steel, and so far gov has resisted in setting one up.

Looks like Vic Gov may have backed themselves into a corner. If they set one up it will tick off Vic Pol. If they don't, it would be a slightly hypocritical given what has been said about Sydney.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #13838
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Is there a country in the world, well lets talk a relative one with good population (not a backwater island or something with a handful of people) maintaining 0 covid and managed doing so for a long time since ?
Let the google searchs come in.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 05:50 PM   #13839
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Is there a country in the world, well lets talk a relative one with good population (not a backwater island or something with a handful of people) maintaining 0 covid and managed doing so for a long time since ?
North Korea, population 26m

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 05:56 PM   #13840
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
North Korea, population 26m
not worth a bow and no gold star, a free world one son......western society.
Old 20-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #13841
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
New Zealand
Old 20-08-2021, 07:06 PM   #13842
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
New Zealand
He said no backwater island or something with a handful of people, though that may count Australia out too.!!

3 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #13843
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A big factor in how we manage Covid in comparison to NZ is that we have a federal government and also the state and territory government. Over there whatever Cindy says goes. Scomo would love to have that power for better or worse but he doesn't. Numerous challenges have been upheld in court.
Old 20-08-2021, 07:38 PM   #13844
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
He said no backwater island or something with a handful of people, though that may count Australia out too.!!
He wants to compare Australia's response so; countries like New Zealand are obvious.

We don't need to look overseas WA has done it, Tassie; SA has done OK, Canberra up until resonantly. In fact it's just the East coast that’s fecked up.
Old 20-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #13845
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
He wants to compare Australia's response so; countries like New Zealand are obvious.

We don't need to look overseas WA has done it, Tassie; SA has done OK, Canberra up until resonantly. In fact it's just the East coast that’s fecked up.
I would contend that both WA and NZ are similar. Melbourne and Sydney are each larger than either of them in an tiny area in comparison. WA and NZ's programs and responses are not realistic in "World" cities.

Compare the Vic and NSW results with anywhere comparable and they actually look incredibly good. Good old Australia always pulls out the "knock ourselves down" mentality. I have been guilty about it with covid. Sure we messed some thing up, but as a whole, even right now, compared to other places of commercial importance we have actually done an amazing job.

If we hit the line hard with the vaccinations we would have one of the best results in the world.

5 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 08:23 PM   #13846
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The funny part is we twist ourselves into knots about our response but when you look outside Australia the states have done very well.

My thinking is that the only thing you get from looking back is a sore neck. Yes there have been issues but no point focusing on that but keep it moving. Solve the issues and do the finger pointing later.

As long as we keep the supply and vaccination rate up we should hit our targets in November in time for Christmas. All we need is for the premiers to be on the same page.

That's not so bad considering the issues we have had.
Old 20-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #13847
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Got my Phizer shot today, next one in 3 weeks.

I feel fine and i didn't even feel the needle...

4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #13848
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I would contend that both WA and NZ are similar. Melbourne and Sydney are each larger than either of them in an tiny area in comparison. WA and NZ's programs and responses are not realistic in "World" cities.

Compare the Vic and NSW results with anywhere comparable and they actually look incredibly good. Good old Australia always pulls out the "knock ourselves down" mentality. I have been guilty about it with covid. Sure we messed some thing up, but as a whole, even right now, compared to other places of commercial importance we have actually done an amazing job.

If we hit the line hard with the vaccinations we would have one of the best results in the world.
Well I think we are in fierce agreement!

FYI, Population densities

Victoria 25 per klm
New Zealand 18 per klm
NSW 8 per klm
Old 20-08-2021, 09:27 PM   #13849
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
The funny part is we twist ourselves into knots about our response but when you look outside Australia the states have done very well.

My thinking is that the only thing you get from looking back is a sore neck. Yes there have been issues but no point focusing on that but keep it moving. Solve the issues and do the finger pointing later.

As long as we keep the supply and vaccination rate up we should hit our targets in November in time for Christmas. All we need is for the premiers to be on the same page.

That's not so bad considering the issues we have had.
When we get our vaccination rate up to 80% across Australia I don't think lockdowns or border closures will cease; wait and see.
The Feds want to open up but those damn state premiers are the ones I don't trust.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 09:35 PM   #13850
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Yeh behind a paywall, but Herald Sun, see what I said about Sky News / News Corp below. Maybe I am naive that way, but if people are scared to go to a park, which is allowed, because police are patrolling, then they should probably be more selective where they get their news.

I have heard the police commissioner say they are exercising their own judgement despite what gov may want. Lets see how many fines come from parks. I bet very little, unless large groups are blatantly ignoring rules.

Yeh its looking that way. I haven't been following the pressers. Do they say why there are so many people not isolating when infectious? Is it rule breakers? essential workers? or?

Heard something about harsher restrictions might be coming...what else can they do? ADF on the streets? Permit to leave home? 1km limit?

Some good news at least that vaccinations seems to be chugging along.
Blame the herald sun as much as you want, but the comments come direct from the police association. But you can’t help but continually defend dan andrews. You’ve done it this whole thread.

And they won’t fine people at parks now, cause of the backlash towards dan when he directed the police to patrol parks. I’m sure you’ll find a way to brush that over as well though.

Over 200 days of lockdown. Well done dan andrews.
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 09:38 PM   #13851
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
When we get our vaccination rate up to 80% across Australia I don't think lockdowns or border closures will cease; wait and see.
The Feds want to open up but those damn state premiers are the ones I don't trust.
Yep that's what I meant by the premiers and CMs being on the same page. We have a national cabinet but obviously any decisions are not binding on the members.

They all supposedly agree and then do their own thing. Covid 0 was never the policy but the states have made it so.

On the flip side there have been a few times Scomo has made announcements that left the premiers and CMs in the dark. For example the expanded Pfizer rollout the other day.
Old 20-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #13852
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Depends how we define success. Its clear who has completely ballsed up, but I think we'll only really know who the "successful" ones are in a couple of years time, when you take into account longer term health impact of cases, number of deaths, impact on mental health, and impact to economy.

We are still in the midst of an outbreak, who knows how this will go?
Previous lock downs you could see it working, and there was an end in sight. Its getting harder and harder to see an end to the current ones. The bastards took a gamble, the horse bolted, and now we pay. This has real consequences, if people can't see an end, they lose hope.

I haven't seen one modelling or road map to suggest when these lock downs might end. We seem to be hanging all our hopes on vaccinating our way out of these lock downs, sure we will get there, but when? If we stay locked down like this another 3-6 months then I don't know if we can call that a success. Compare to the likes of HK, has a population density of 7000 persons per sq km, where everyone lives in pigeon hole high rise apartments, have managed it without mass casualties or severe prolonged lock downs.

Quote:
Blame the herald sun as much as you want, but the comments come direct from the police association. But you can’t help but continually defend dan andrews. You’ve done it this whole thread.

And they won’t fine people at parks now, cause of the backlash towards dan when he directed the police to patrol parks. I’m sure you’ll find a way to brush that over as well though.

Over 200 days of lockdown. Well done dan andrews.
Directive came from the CHO. But whatever, blame the man, you've done it this whole thread. Hang him for not managing the sydney outbreak better.

Rides (past and present)

Old 20-08-2021, 10:12 PM   #13853
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Just heard that all community sport in Vic this weekend has been cancelled. Lockdown not far away, unfortunately.

E: and now 17 cases in Shepperton.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 20-08-2021, 10:16 PM   #13854
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just heard that all community sport in Vic this weekend has been cancelled. Lockdown not far away, unfortunately.

E: and now 17 cases in Shepperton.
Welcome to the party, pal! - McClane
3 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #13855
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
I feel fine and i didn't even feel the needle...
You sure they jabbed you

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 20-08-2021, 10:37 PM   #13856
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Old 20-08-2021, 10:54 PM   #13857
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I wouldn't call anything "success" looking ahead more like reprieve to a means or end......
Step by step, it won't be disappearing on its own but how we improve/adapt, learn to live with it via vaccine improvements or as such. (don't forget there will be many not vaxxed, whats to become)......
Come on re NZ, yes they have had breathing space, she runs a island of sub 5M spread north to south, 1.6M in Auckland for eg. Yet NZ had 73 lockdown days.
Heck IF she couldn't keep it together and Tas/WA/NT for that matter seriously there'd be a prob........

Pretty hard to compare the large/r cities but as we know they are the gates to any country.
They all vary in landscape/dwellings but the fact is they are the hives of activity far far more than their outer reachs.
Get away from London you'd feel a little more safer say way north Newcastle right or further north Scotland/Wales.
Boris did nothing much diff, lockdowns and then vax as much as poss and has run the gaunlet, so who can expect seeing any modelling or map to freedom.
Boris just made the call pretty much X date after 207 lockdown days with roughly 9.4M in there.
He and the rest of world have only relied on vax to open.
No other methods really, thats it.
Paris 161 days locked up opened only due to vax etcetcetc.

Want gaurantees ? there isn't one.

Melb say on 5M with 200 odd days locked.
This guy still wants target 0.
Syd little over 5M 106 + coming.

Where do you call success ? what a open question.
They are looked upon as successful having opened up, yet infections keep going and deaths.
Here people want to stick it up NSW the gateway to here, all the main entrys to countrys are responsible go figure, lol seriously.

Who's at fault next once were vaxxed, open up bit by bit But infections will still go up and down and deaths as well.
What will the non vaxxed people do or say and no doubt some vaxxed people will pass away as well.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2021, 11:00 PM   #13858
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
You sure they jabbed you
Yes and ?

Old 20-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #13859
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Old 20-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #13860
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing can be said about Dan. He's really hitting his straps like he never fell down the stairs
6 users like this post:
Closed Thread