Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #91
XA-MONT
The Cam Distoryer >:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
My girlfriend hates it...

Thinks that I love the car more then her and give the car more attention, rarr rarr.

So, now I just don't talk about the car around her or ask her to buy me stuff for the car for christmas/birthday/easter/valentines day/etc etc
i dont ASK for them kinda things for pressies... she just KNOWS thats what i want
XA-MONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #92
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

The car helped end mine...
Heres my relationship breaker, happened on the weekend...
Mindy: You spend more money on that car than me
Me: Well, it was here first
Mindy: oh, so its your favourite then
Me: Well it dosent complain about you every day
*mindy walks off*
Me: Babe, by the way i bought another car.
And that started the last argument.
Im happier with the car... ;)

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #93
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Mindy: You spend more money on that car than me
Me: Well, it was here first
Giggle..... I bet the look you got was priceless
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #94
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my Mrs understands its my form of stress releif and when there compleate she loves cruzing in them and showing them off but, she just wishes my ground up rebuilds could be done as quickly and cheeply as her brothers stretch seat covers and supa cheep wheel cover rebuilds, but she knows its not wise to compare the 2

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #95
Director

She says she doesnt understand why I am obsessed with cars. BUT whenever we are out in the TS she ALWAYS wants to drive home, whenever I get the Director out her eyes nearly pop out and she says "why are you getting that out of the garage, where are you going" and looks at me like the dog does when he wants to go for a walk.
She gets it alright.

Ace Ventura

FG G6
XB K code Fairmont
Director is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #96
SVTVNM
Guzzler

I'm lucky now, she was a holden girl when we met but, not no more! She always helps me detail the Stang when we get to car shows. And for Christmas and my birthday she just says to me what do you want from the U.S. for your car.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #97
punktured

I think i lucked out with mine when it comes to cars. She see's it as just a car and can't understand why i do so much and have to do all this stuff, but most of all she hates me spending money on it lol. The only thing she's good for with cars is spotting nice ones on the road, and calling holdens crap hahaha
punktured is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #98
EvilChief
Boost Addict

My missus has taken my car spending excercises quite well. Never complained, we have a mutual agreement, she spends her money on clothes, make up and DVDs and i spend it on my cars.

Having said that she was quite sad when i told here that I am selling my RS Liberty Turbo as she loved that car, but told me to frkn hurry up and finish my AU (V8TT), that will take about 15g to finish, so you tell me who encourages what???

BTW she has a Barina soundoff car, which has won several competitions, so its not like she doesnt spend money on her car. BTW I got her a job at my workshop in the office, so she is learning about car a fair bit.
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #99
SeXC
Pushrodosaurus Rex

My missus just is not interested. When i rolled up with the xc she was like "you were excited about this? It looks like something a grandpa would drive"

And she hates when i go to work on it, because i will go round to her brothers, who is a mechanic with a hoist in his shed and every tool you will ever need, at 9 in the morning and dont come back for a few hours.

She's okay with the money side. I get an allowance of 200 per week to either waste or spend on anyting i want, but once its gone i get no more haha.

I earn all the money, but seeing as she stays at home and cleans for me and looks after all the finances and the baby, im not going to complain.

One thing though. I bought an au wagon for us earlier in the year, and when i say, nah i cbf servicing it today, ill do it tomorrow, she will just go outside and service it herself. I just need to teach her how to do engine rebuilds now.
SeXC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #100
paul_r_d

Well.... I am not really into "doing up" cars....maybe a few small mods like rims and a better sound system... thats about it. The missus was alright with them.... even though she earns so much more than. teacher v's accountant lol.

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #101
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Yeah, my wife doesn't understand why I'm into cars. But it has been well over a year now and my response is usually along the lines of "if this is my vice then so be it. I don't drink (too much anyways), smoke, gamble or womanise. So if this is what I do, you can't complain..." . Her response is always "fair enough".

The only stipulation - mortgage, kids and bills come first. Anything left over (which is rarely these days) I can spend on the car. This is fair enough.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #102
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Man o man where do I start......?

I'm the missus, and am clearly not like most girls.....

My first car I bought (17yo)was a race car,I joined a car club that same year,(all this well before the boy) have had 3 and rolled the last one at the island last year......http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=94864

I've had more track days than him, and have gone faster than him in his cars. That being said he's a good couple of secs better than me at DECA in my car! Must be the drive it like you stole it theory.. :

I'm also restoring a roadster, have been president of a car club, and am currently vice pres in that one, whilst still on the c'tee of the FPV & XR club in Vic. I have a broad knowledge of motorsport and cars - some say more than the average bloke.

If anything he has probably copped the short end of the stick, as his race car hasn't progressed since I tipped mine and I've certainly spent a lotta $$ on mine lately.

Ohh, and I bought a new car a month ago.

And the only thing better that watching the looks on the guys faces when they walked up to the boy and ask him about MY car and I answer them...... is the look on their faces after I wind down the window and they realise they were just beaten by a girl........

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.

Last edited by Go baby Go; 04-02-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post