Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Crappy build quality of cars from the 00s

The amount of cars you see getting around with oxidised paint and yellow lenses on headlights from cars from the 00s is ridiculous.

I bought this thing new in 2009, WS Fiesta in 'Morello' which is a metallic purple, this is what the roof and bonnet look like after 11 years.

The whole roof is completely halal, it's oxidised AF, the bonnet is the same and parts of the hatch are also oxidised, the clear is peeling on the rear wing.

It's also got corroded wiper arms, in a country that doesn't salt it's roads.

Even the Ford badge has lost its blue paint and clear coat

This deterioration started happening about 5 years of the car sitting outside and it's been as bad as this at about the 7 year old point.

The headlight assemblies have started splitting and turning yellow on their outside edges.

I've seen this happen with red Honda Accord Euros of the same era where they turned a lovely oxidised pink after 4 years.

To me this is the epitome of European cars and how they just do not stand up to Australian conditions - car has 91,000km on the clock and it looks like the Titanic.

What have you seen where things crap out real quick? I'd hate to be that bloke that says they don't build em like they used to but we've also got a 1999 WF Festiva that's got a decade on the Fiesta and the paint is in better shape, it too sat in the same driveway and it didn't go as bad as this.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-12-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: