Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #91
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Why not just respond with "uh, its MY car!" - surely that'd get a better reaction?

Anyway, you can't blame guys for thinking its not the chicks car - most chicks prefer small fartarse (and death trap) hatchbacks. I don't know why this is, maybe someone could enlighten me, but my partner absolutely refuses to drive my Falcon. Kind of shits me because that means I can't go out on the turps and get her to come pick me up

My sister also thinks my Falcon is a big rectangular bogan mobile. Her Corolla is gutless for the record :
SPeaking to many female drivers, they say they like small cars because big cars are too thirsty, and they are too hard to control.
Funny. I love my big cars and have no interest in pursuing a little hatchback, with funeral plan for an extra $5,000.

Mind you, some women drive a big car and won't have it any other way. My Mum is an example, and though she drives somewhat like a snail, she hates foreigners and has to make a statement if one annoys her. /foot_down
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #92
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Every woman driving an SUV or luxury car (Beamer, Merc etc.) should have CNTDRV as their number plate.
Nice Double entendre....
Old 31-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #93
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
OH NO i just realised that i also drive a station wagon, an EF XR6, i think i better put a sticker on the back just pointing out that i dont have kids, its not a family car!!!
This is not what I was getting at with my posts, who gives a toss if its a family car or not. The point I was getting at was that in my instance, I have put a lot of hard work into getting my project car to where it is at today and I like to get credit for my work, not someone else...

And as I previously said its like the whole job thing, if someone else was getting credit for a job you did then I'm sure you (and probably majority of people) wouldn't appreciate it if someone else got the credit all the time.

To each their own though, why should you judge someone because of what they put on their own car.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #94
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whoa i wasnt referring to your comment at all XR6Gal, just refering to the general thought by people of to put on their car, thats its a chicks or its an ex cop car its fast or whatever. Never have i judged anyone for this, just asked why girls feel the need to make it known its their car.
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #95
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive just read about three pages back and realised why you may have thought i was having a go at you, as you have astation wagon, and i didnt even realise that until i read back, as i was wondering why my comment appeared to be taken personally. Dont get me wrong i think its great for chicks to be into cars in a big way, cos i certanly am.
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #96
bob^
LPS

so plates something like BT1GRL would really you off then hey? :P
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #97
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

worst i have seen was on a blue VR - RUDRPN (are you drippin)
It was completely bog stock, and had a big fat woman driving...
I hate the playboy stickers, mostly guys have them here, There is a black lancer near my nans place with about 8 red ones on it.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #98
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

The more chicks driving Falcons the better.

Better a few stickers than a sausage fest.

If a chick has a half decent Falcon than they should advertise it, the stickers, numberplates, bodykit, wing are only annoying if they are attached to a crappy Excel or riceburner with fart cannon exaust.

Hey, i'm sure there are many p platers here with nice rides who want people to know it's their car. I hate being asked if I'm driving my parents car since it's newish so let em go for their life. As long as there is a hald decent car attached to the sticker than go for it.

It's what's under the bonnet that counts.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #99
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Ive just read about three pages back and realised why you may have thought i was having a go at you, as you have astation wagon, and i didnt even realise that until i read back, as i was wondering why my comment appeared to be taken personally. Dont get me wrong i think its great for chicks to be into cars in a big way, cos i certanly am.
No worries! Yeah more chicks that are into cars the better I say! Well real cars ie: not excels... hehehe Give me a big car anyday!!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #100
XRchic
Hello

My plates are the first letters of all of our names actually... JECCT. Not girly, not blokey. You wont catch much pink on my car. I dont like pink. I like black cars and I like V8s and would like to own one. For now, the black XR6 will suffice. I dont like girly stuff on or in my car. I can personalise it without putting pink flowers and silly plates all over it.

I have never had anyone question me about my car. And I dont really care if they do. Im not that fussed about what other people think for the most part. However, what Kristy said is true, and in that circumstance I would get pretty full on about it - credit where credit is due.

I just think you can make it your car without going overboard with the pink and the girly plates. More and more chics drive big cars these days anyway, so its not that unusual.

Some blokes may find chics who are into cars a turn off.... fair enough, each to their own. However, I find blokes who arent into cars boring as well (some girls love blokes who dont get into cars, but I couldnt be with someone who didnt love their car) and I really dont get off on blokes who drive small cars around with poxy plates. Doesnt have to be girly to be a poxy plate (ie yellow Hyundai Accent owned by 25ish male, with yellow/green plates AKSENT - and those plates cost $200 per year here!). I have a mate of mine who hates me driving too fast, hates loud exhausts, hates big cars, hates watching the V8s and just has no interest in cars at all - he is a semi-computer geek who is married and they own matching Lancers (1990s ones).

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #101
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
The more chicks driving Falcons the better.

Better a few stickers than a sausage fest.
Exactly, my mum was a bigger rev head than my dad unfortunately it was for that horrible GMH stuff but in her day she's had a few V8's and is one female who i've always let drive mine and she pre hoon law days wasn't afraid to rip it up in them either cost me a new set of tyres once then came told me my 351 wasn't powerful enough :

so if chicks decide to advertise its their car let them us blokes do the same, I've got some friends where he owns a XT 347 Stroker and she has a pink mustang and people still think its his : she gets quiet ****ed off as she's spent alot of money keeping that mustang up to show standards.

If you girls do the mods you deserve the credit!
Old 31-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #102
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

I have custom bonnet decals(killerjoolz),personalised plates too(kjoolz) and there is nothing GIRLY about my car......well at least I don't think so...lol....I just want people to know its mine and not my hubby's...lol

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #103
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Quote:
cos there would be no way i, a girl, would be driving fast. :newangel: its just not possible!!!!!! lol

i remeber that, it was the time the guy in the black XR was showing off in his car, putting the foot down, revving coming right up behind me etc etc, so of course i had to put him in his place!!! and that was with a sick car not even at full throttle!!! Teh car is on a life changing holiday so no more sick car...maybe i should get it resprayed pink at the same time!!! Just so i can prove to everyone that its mine!!! I dotn see the need really
Ah that's right he was a bit of a tossa but i thought we had nothing to prove to a NA XR6.....???
Old 31-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #104
mrs302au
Draggin Queen

when we finally get the bucks, the wifes car is getting MRS302 in magenta and white for her AU monty...she's willing to take her car to air when its finally reopened and hand out some kickings....she's already doing it on the street...(up to the speed limit)
mrs302au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:30 AM   #105
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

Noone has mentioned MSPLAYA yet???
A Blue Lancer all kitted up. she used to be friends with one of my female friends.
Attractive but apparently she's the best. I won't say anymore.
XHUTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #106
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
SPeaking to many female drivers, they say they like small cars because big cars are too thirsty, and they are too hard to control.
Funny. I love my big cars and have no interest in pursuing a little hatchback, with funeral plan for an extra $5,000.

Mind you, some women drive a big car and won't have it any other way. My Mum is an example, and though she drives somewhat like a snail, she hates foreigners and has to make a statement if one annoys her. /foot_down

I drive an EB and love it. I was the one that wanted that size car, just didnt know what model etc. I learnt to drive in a kia mentor (Lil car) then Dad got an Au, then a BA. So I got to experience 3 different cars on my Ls and have to say I liked driving the AU & BA best Obviously couldnt afford a BA for my first car so stuck with a later model Ford. People get a shock when they find out I got that size car. They expect me to have a lil chicky car. Btw Im a lil blonde 18 yr old. Stereotyping....geesh!
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #107
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Of course if we were all honest we'd say that Women should not be in cars but in the kitchen

Now, where did I put that Nomex suit?
Old 02-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #108
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Gasolane.. here is the suit..*hands suit over

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
I've got to put my 2cents worth in on this subject. Myself, I've just completed 'cleaning up/doing up' a Valiant station wagon (definitely NOT a chicks car) and took it out to the Mopar drags on Sunday with my boyfriend. Now we were both standing next to it and everyone who came up spoke to him saying 'you don't see them this straight anymore' & 'nice old wagon you have there mate' On every occasion he said 'its my girlfriends car' or 'she's done a good job doing it up hey'. So in this instance me putting a sticker on the back saying 'mine not HIS' or 'done by Me not he' I feel is warranted (I haven't done it yet but am considering it). I would love for someone to come up to me and say hey great job you have done there or nice car... I think that I deserve recognition for what I have accomplished with the wagon.

Because, why should we not get recognition for things that we have done in regards to our cars? If you have done something at work and someone else gets recognition for it then wouldn't you say something or would you cop it on the chin every single time?
Well give me your address and next time im up in QLD ill give you a shout and give ya a compliment.

In all honesty i never assume that its a guys car. i know too manny girls/women who love their cars. my ex loved her VL commodore. it wasnt anything special. but she loved it to bits. i know Fordgirl loves her cars. from what ive seen of her she is very much a girl/woman and not at all Rough or blokish as many of you may think ,simply because she is into cars and is learning about them .

I think its good that they learn about cars. it just means that there is some competition in the relationship, brings it alive, and just gives you another common interest to talk about...

I never assume its a guys car.. though i am more than likely to go up to a guy and ask.. is this your car mate.. and if he says yes then no biggie. if he says no its hers then, i might go over to the girl and talk to her about it..

but mostly its got to do with feeling comfortable with talking to guys...

i think its just sexual tention

If its the girls ill acknowledhe that but probably talk to the guy cause i feel comfortable.. though i will congradulate the lady on the car!

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #109
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSW

The one other thing I don't like is PINK. Pink does not belong in/on cars at all, it's hideous. The amount of white commodores driving around here with pink plates and seat covers is enough to make you legally insane. I know people can do what they want with their cars, but come on... At least have some taste.
I drive a PINK car and i think you will find a few people on here will beg to differ.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #110
stef4001

its cool that chicks are doing up there cars the way thay want it.im block and i like chicks how do that.i got nothing agenst them.girls keep up the good work.stef
stef4001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #111
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSW
The one other thing I don't like is PINK. Pink does not belong in/on cars at all, it's hideous. The amount of white commodores driving around here with pink plates and seat covers is enough to make you legally insane. I know people can do what they want with their cars, but come on... At least have some taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
I drive a PINK car and i think you will find a few people on here will beg to differ.
RTSW does that go for pink boats as well? Coz there's this hairdresser from Brisneyland that has this really cute boat....

Old 02-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #112
CMH86
Starter Motor

Cool Why girls show its a girls car

I have a XR8 and some guys are that shallow they couldnt believe that a chick can have a nice V8, let alone know what they are talking about when it comes to their car....I can sympathise with some chicks, with doing little things that show its a girls car, but not the ones that go over the top...some times that just screams "I WANT ATTENTION"
CMH86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #113
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
See I don't mind that because it's far less bright, much more full colour and a bit more neutral. I'm talking about that bright pink (barbie pink etc) that can't contrast with any other colour and will make you notice it from 1.2kms away. Good for snipers, bad for the eyes.

The pink on the boat = Pink I hate.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #114

i got betty boop seat covers for my birthday when i was on my p plates, from a (girl) friend of mine. and i only have them on because they were a gift. i absolutely draw the line there when it comes to any 'girly' accessories. eg. seat belt protector thingos, steering wheel cover, playboy floor mats etc.

i know, i KNOW, its rather discriminatory, but i immediately lose respect for the owner of any car i see decked out like with aforementioned stuff. 97% of the time, its a girls car. i really would like to know why they put that crap in their car?!
seXE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #115
Godzealer
Starter Motor

Gazza750, I dont Know what state you live in, but that excel with the AXL2NV plates is my wifes car an its definately not stock. I am not overly keen on High Undies but this one is pretty cool for a girls shopp'n trolley.
With the full body kit, eye lids an all, lowered, 15" low profile wheels, sportz wheel, tinted windows, etc, etc I would say it's far from stock. Mind you, we laughed when we saw the plates for the first time as well, but the car sure stands out in a crowd. well it must of, you saw it.
Godzealer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #116
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
Its a bit hard to miss the MISSVY number plate because its written on the side of the car as well! if the owner decides to be mischievous its not hard for someone to recognise their car
Man I hate that car. The pink stripes and the MISSVY down the side make me want to burn it to the ground. Its only an Exec for f's sake.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 03:56 AM   #117
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

There used to be a MISXR6 around here, BA XR6, looked hot (so did the driver : ), I think she sold it though, shame.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #118
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Mate's GF has JETGRL on her Lancer

When he drives it he has all these young punks and dirty old men speed up to take a look at who is driving..............
ha ha OWNED
heh.. my wifes XC GXL has MIS351 plates. is funny as when i take it out on friday nights and have my long hair untied... get all types pulling up to check out the driver, only to see my ugly mug

but back to the topic, whats wrong with women having plates that make it clear it's her car? My wifes XC is darkpurple (not pink) and has absolutely no stickers on it whatsoever. She HATES those stickers like ' on board' etc.

so is it ok with you lot that she has these plates? or should she remove them and fit generic plates? I mean, by reading this thread, its clearly wrong for girls/women to have personalised/custom plates.

:
Old 22-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #119
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Women who have to plaster Stickers all over their Vehicles letting people know its a Girls Car have a complex & are insecure :P

One of the ones I Hate the Most is the "I am a Bitcch etc" stickers as who in their right mind would advertise the fact they are a nasty person & in most cases they are correct when you look at the way they drive lol

I mean really, do you see guys with Stickers saying they are Bastards??

And what is it with mainly UGLY chicks with Princess Stickers??

Does not a Princess have to look attractive & cute???

Or do they mean they have that Nasty Princess persona & if so may as well have the Bitcch Stickers I guess anyways....

Or the Women Drivers who sit right up your rear end pushing you along when the road is straight & wide but throw in a few corners & they vanish way back so proves they cannot drive well anyway but think they can.

Come on Girls smarten up & accept the fact Men are men & Women are Women & yes we are Differant.
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #120
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1

And what is it with mainly UGLY chicks with Princess Stickers??

Does not a Princess have to look attractive & cute???
haha I see this all the time too.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post