Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #11341
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
What are you on about, no one is disputing he has the "right" for human rights..holy OTT.

What is suspect is the situation is happened, he could easily do a video call now and then etc...you dont see anything odd in how it all went down?
I never been a big fan on " did it happen this way? Or did it happen that way ", the guy said he hurt himself, believe him, and it was about money?

Thats why I answered the post, the poster who I did not quote was talking about him picking up his pay every week or bags of cash.
As an Australian worker like you then you are entitled to be paid a wage or salary, wether worker compensation or private accident cover, I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories, if he's a gob****e then he's a gob****e! Only he knows not me or you, we just surmise stuff to suit how our head feels today!

Cheers Billy.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #11342
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I never been a big fan on " did it happen this way? Or did it happen that way ", the guy said he hurt himself, believe him, and it was about money?

Thats why I answered the post, the poster who I did not quote was talking about him picking up his pay every week or bags of cash.
As an Australian worker like you then you are entitled to be paid a wage or salary, wether worker compensation or private accident cover, I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories, if he's a gob****e then he's a gob****e! Only he knows not me or you, we just surmise stuff to suit how our head feels today!

Cheers Billy.
Seeing as you are from perth ,you may not know of labors bags of cash for branch stacking which i was alluding to not his pay.and with his injuries he should be able to atleast front the media.from personel exp,motor bike accident last year broken t 8,l5,l3 and 2 ribs a back full of screws and bars
This user likes this post:
Old 09-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #11343
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
Seeing as you are from perth ,you may not know of labors bags of cash for branch stacking which i was alluding to not his pay.and with his injuries he should be able to atleast front the media.from personel exp,motor bike accident last year broken t 8,l5,l3 and 2 ribs a back full of screws and bars
I am well aware of bags of cash, it seems this premier is out of his depth in a crisis, its ok when you just run the affairs of the state but this guy is overwhelmed, he is drowning in muck he created!

He is only as good as the folk under him, if he made bad choices that's his problem, I think he's been kicked enough, he's hopeless for sure, you know that and I know that, but he's the boss, and there are good and bad boss's a n d I've worked for both.

From personal experience.
Patella shattered motorbike 1982, removed 1986
Open lumbar surgery 1989,now intermittent cauda equina
Open posterior cervical laminectomies C2-3-4-5 Feb 1993
Open posterior cervical laminectomies C6 July 1993
ACDF C7-T1 2005
ACDF CC6-7 2009
Sensory nerve transected at groin, L4-L5 dermatome Right Thigh. 2010
Malignant Adenocarcinoma Left Upper Lung, waiting for lobectomy.

Other than that I feel pretty chipper, but I know what pain is now, my lumbar surgery was a bloody nightmare of pain and mobility issues, I used to sit in the corner with a bottle of rum after, eating any painkillers they gave me!

Maybe Andrew is a bit of a woose, lol, can't handle pain, real pain!

Cheers Billy.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #11344
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I think we've had enough of Mr Andrews and fun times in Hospitals, so back on topic please.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #11345
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I think we've had enough of Mr Andrews and fun times in Hospitals, so back on topic please.
Yeh i reckon your right!

Cheers Billy.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:29 AM   #11346
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melbourne drops to 8th on world liveability index
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...09-p57zcs.html

Melbourne is now ranked equal eighth with Geneva, in Switzerland.

Auckland came in first, Osaka, Japan second, Adelaide third, and Wellington in New Zealand equal fourth with Tokyo.

Perth was ranked sixth, Zurich in Switzerland seventh, and Brisbane came in tenth.

The survey also found that the overall global average liveability score fell by seven points, when compared with the average pre-pandemic score.

“Many European and Canadian cities have fallen down the rankings, having battled a second COVID-19 wave by restricting cultural and sporting events, and closing schools and restaurants.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:25 PM   #11347
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 8th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.013%.

10 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.966% and active cases 22.

The UK had a higher 5,966 cases yesterday and 13 deaths.

14,681 new cases in the USA yesterday and 268 deaths sees CMR at 1.790%.

Other notable points:
North America passes 40M cases;
India passes 20M cases;
Brazil passes 17M cases;
Argentina passes 4m Cases;

Namibia (722); and
Afghanistan (1,724)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 10-06-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #11348
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

So… The Victorian government is now playing semantics, shifting from “lockdown” to “easing of restrictions”.

My cousin phoned this afternoon; he’s in his eighties, widowed and lives in Mt Eliza. He felt this current period of lockdown restrictions was more demoralising than all preceding it; the lack of a clearly stated and practical target was his gripe. I could hear the disappointment in his voice.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #11349
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Well, in theory, if you're within 25km of Tulla, you can hop a plane to Skid-knee where you're welcome! Go figure
Old 09-06-2021, 04:00 PM   #11350
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
So… The Victorian government is now playing semantics, shifting from “lockdown” to “easing of restrictions”.

My cousin phoned this afternoon; he’s in his eighties, widowed and lives in Mt Eliza. He felt this current period of lockdown restrictions was more demoralising than all preceding it; the lack of a clearly stated and practical target was his gripe. I could hear the disappointment in his voice.
Is that a term the government used, or a term that the media used? Officially, on the Government's website, they have always used the term 'Restrictions'.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 09-06-2021, 04:14 PM   #11351
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

I can say for sure there is a lot of ****ed off Victorians with the new proposed ease of restrictions; simply put people have had a gutful the way Merlino and his gang of misfits running this state.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #11352
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Is that a term the government used, or a term that the media used? Officially, on the Government's website, they have always used the term 'Restrictions'.
Lockdown has definitely been the vernacular term, while it might be misapplied in the original instance of this current phase, the Victorian government have not so combatively/fulsomely addressed it until now.

To an extent, it’s perhaps more of a “lockout” per the travel abilities presently open (or not) to Melbournians and others.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #11353
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
I can say for sure there is a lot of ****ed off Victorians with the new proposed ease of restrictions; simply put people have had a gutful the way Merlino and his gang of misfits running this state.
And yet the only ones that I know of are the ones that frequent this forum. Or are associates of those who frequent this forum.

But then, that might just be because I don't associate with anyone outside of these forums

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 09-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #11354
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Ran from lockdown... They are gonna be in trouble.

Woman tests positive to COVID-19 in Queensland after travelling from Victoria

Quote:
A woman who left Victoria with her partner during lockdown and travelled through NSW to Queensland has tested positive for COVID-19.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
4 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2021, 06:46 PM   #11355
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

NSW Health issues several COVID-19 alerts after woman travels from Victoria to Queensland

Quote:
It's advised anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed to immediately get tested and isolate until they receive more information:

Caltex Narrandera, Gillenbah, June 1 at 10:30am to 11:00am
Vandenberg Hotel, Forbes, June 1 at 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Brew Coffee Bar, Forbes, June 2 at 7:00am to 10:00am
Church Street Cafe, Dubbo, June 2 at 11:30am to 2:30pm
Reading Cinemas Dubbo, June 2 at 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Homestead Motel, Dubbo, June 2 at 12:00pm and June 3 at 10:00am
Gwydir Carpark/Motel and Thermal Pools, Moree, June 3 at 1:45pm
Gwydir Carpark/Motel and Thermal Pools, Moree, June 4 (all day)
Gwydir Carpark/Motel and Thermal Pools, Moree, June 5 at 7:30am
Cafe Omega, Moree, June 3 at 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Cafe Omega, Moree, June 4 at 7:00am to 9:30am
Cafe Omega, Moree, June 4 at 11:50am to 2:00pm
Amaroo Tavern, Moree, June 4 at 4:30pm to 11:00pm
NSW Health said it was continuing to investigate the movements of this case and that the list of venues and times would be updated.

The woman developed symptoms on June 3 and Dr Young said she could have been infectious since June 1.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...tate/100202420

List of COVID-19 exposure sites for Queensland include Caloundra cafe and Bunnings

Quote:
Tuesday, June 8
Female toilet near IGA Baringa White's Super IGA, 1 Edwards Terrace Baringa, between 4:05pm and 4:15pm
Monday, June 7
Stocklands, Caloundra, between 10:45am and 11:30am
The Coffee Club, Stockland Caloundra Shopping Centre, Shop 30 and 31, Stockland Caloundra, 47 Bowman Road Caloundra, between 10:50am and 11:05am
Female toilet near JB Hi-Fi Kawana Shopping World, 119 Point Cartwright Drive, Buddina, between 1:00pm and 1:10pm
Bunnings Warehouse Caloundra, between 12:10pm and 12:45pm
Foodcourt Kawana Shopping World, 119 point Cartwright Drive Buddina, between 1:30pm and 2:00pm
Sunday, June 6
Sunny's @ Moffat, 10 Seaview Terrace, Moffat Beach between 2:35pm and 3:00pm
Coffee Cat On Kings Beach, 4/8 Levuka Ave, Kings Beach between 3:30pm and 4:30pm
Saturday, June 5
McDonalds Goondiwindi, BP Complex Cunningham Highway, Goondiwindi between 7:35am and 7:50am
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...case/100202484
Old 09-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #11356
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
And yet the only ones that I know of are the ones that frequent this forum. Or are associates of those who frequent this forum.

But then, that might just be because I don't associate with anyone outside of these forums
Have to agree with you. What is it out there is very different to what is in here Maybe we hang around the wrong people. Am actually quite excited for the election to roll forward so we can see what people REALLY think.

On the announcement this morning, I am pleasantly surprised they are easing quite a bit. Almost all retail will be open, including pubs. And I'm surprised they are looking at more easing as soon as next week. Previously it has taken at least a fortnight - month for them to even contemplating next stage of easing.

This leak started from someone else's hotel quarantine breach, and we had a zombie wondering around the community whilst symptomatic for 12 days, we had a variant in community that had a 1-2 day incubation period, yet officials have been able to pull it up in 2 weeks. Maybe I am suffering stockholm syndrome but sounds like good work. However, I do wonder if they went with a more immediate snap lockdown restriction, whether we could have kept it to 3-7 days rather than 14.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:58 PM   #11357
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I share his frustration regarding lack of clarity. The comms and messaging has been really poor, and I think that's because they tried to deviate from previous methods for whatever reason. One thing I noticed was that info were dripped to the media before the actual press conferences were held.

Lock down vs restrictions - "lock down" keeps more eyes glued to the tv, ears pinned to the radio and sells more papers. That 3 month saga last year was a true "lock down", with curfew, heavy police presence etc. This time it felt more like a 14 day restriction IMHO. I remember driving through the edge of the CBD during the 3 months, and it was a ghost town, yet when I drove through the same area this time, it was cars and people everywhere. Police were present but just monitoring.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #11358
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Can we vote Victoria out of the country?

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 09-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #11359
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sleeper View Post
Can we vote Victoria out of the country?

No. Victoria has great ski fields, Sandown, Winton, Philip Island and wineries

Nothing wrong with Victorians, just those who are meant to be in control
Old 09-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #11360
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Time to name and shame...and deport. Do a background check, can't be one of ours. Interesting that she actually owned up and got tested.....must have been pretty crook, or an attempt to sabotage (tin foil hat).
Old 09-06-2021, 08:06 PM   #11361
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No. Victoria has great ski fields, Sandown, Winton, Philip Island and wineries

Nothing wrong with Victorians, just those who are meant to be in control
Nothing really wrong with Victoria!it,s the 5-6 million people who live within 50 kms of the city that are the problem,but unfortunately the ones that live outside that radius are the one forced to suffer
Old 09-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #11362
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Melbourne family caught breaching Australia-New Zealand travel bubble rule

Three Melbourne residents have been caught trying to get into New Zealand during Victoria's coronavirus lockdown.

New Zealand director general of health Ashley Bloomfield, told a press conference on Wednesday that the three drove from Melbourne to Sydney and then flew to Auckland last week.

The NZ Herald reported they were going to attend a funeral and they would have to pay for their quarantine stay.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...d-19/100202344
Old 09-06-2021, 11:50 PM   #11363
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Have to agree with you. What is it out there is very different to what is in here Maybe we hang around the wrong people. Am actually quite excited for the election to roll forward so we can see what people REALLY think.

On the announcement this morning, I am pleasantly surprised they are easing quite a bit. Almost all retail will be open, including pubs. And I'm surprised they are looking at more easing as soon as next week. Previously it has taken at least a fortnight - month for them to even contemplating next stage of easing.

This leak started from someone else's hotel quarantine breach, and we had a zombie wondering around the community whilst symptomatic for 12 days, we had a variant in community that had a 1-2 day incubation period, yet officials have been able to pull it up in 2 weeks. Maybe I am suffering stockholm syndrome but sounds like good work. However, I do wonder if they went with a more immediate snap lockdown restriction, whether we could have kept it to 3-7 days rather than 14.

Maybe both of you are introverts ? who knows.
The melbournians I know pretty close, be it friends and many business associates have told me they are pi ss ed right off with it all in your city.
They don't defend anything like you do T3 by the way.
They hate the lockdowns, some have said they won't shut their business's down ever again, Vic pol can fine them for all they care its nothing what it has costed them.
Mentions about their kids suffering, behind with school work, etcetc, there's plenty that would think similar, if you guys think its ok, fine live in your worlds.
The other thing in their opinions re Dans Gov saving grace is they say the other side is useless, then they think for a mo over the last 1yr and half and eat their words loling.......
Live long and prosper fellas, I sure know I wouldn't be sitting back looking at things the way you do and I'm sure not alone.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 12:28 AM   #11364
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

Maybe both of you are introverts ? who knows.
The melbournians I know pretty close, be it friends and many business associates have told me they are pi ss ed right off with it all in your city.
They don't defend anything like you do T3 by the way.
They hate the lockdowns, some have said they won't shut their business's down ever again, Vic pol can fine them for all they care its nothing what it has costed them.
Mentions about their kids suffering, behind with school work, etcetc, there's plenty that would think similar, if you guys think its ok, fine live in your worlds.
The other thing in their opinions re Dans Gov saving grace is they say the other side is useless, then they think for a mo over the last 1yr and half and eat their words loling.......
Live long and prosper fellas, I sure know I wouldn't be sitting back looking at things the way you do and I'm sure not alone.
Not really sure what you are trying to get at to be honest. Everyone is fed up, everyone is suffering, but people with half a brain understand restrictions are a necessary evil to try get back to "normal" asap. There is nothing to defend. Just because some of us don't tow the gov bashing line doesn't mean we are enjoying it

Dan who cares, the guy hasn't been seen for months and he is still living in people's head. Seems like an unhealthy obsession.

Having lost 3 people quite close to me to CV, I'm just grateful we've got this back under control and with no fatalities. That's it in a nutshell really.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:11 AM   #11365
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

ofcourse you don't get it, expected
hey i can add these as well
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 10-06-2021, 06:58 AM   #11366
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once upon a time, the Australia I knew would say, "wow let's help our brothers out, what can we do support"... yet here we are. The smugness might just come back and bite some people on the bum.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:28 AM   #11367
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Nothing really wrong with Victoria!it,s the 5-6 million people who live within 50 kms of the city that are the problem,but unfortunately the ones that live outside that radius are the one forced to suffer
Tassie needs every single person on the mainland. Without the 1.9 times it gets back for every dollar it contributes you would be living in old bark huts again in no time without us

Old 10-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #11368
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

The sneaky reason Covid-infected woman drove through a remote country town to cross Queensland border after fleeing lockdown with her husband

Quote:
Police believe the couple crossed the NSW-Queensland border at the remote rural town of Goondiwindi on June 5 in a bid to evade authorities.

There are also reports the woman lied on her declaration form when entering Queensland, sparking public outrage.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tes-alert.html

EDIT...

Melbourne woman, infected with Covid-19, travelled from Victoria to Queensland by car during lockdown

Quote:
A Covid-positive Melbourne woman who took a roadtrip through NSW and Queensland only got tested because her husband needed negative results for work purposes, despite having symptoms for the previous five days.

Travelling with her partner from one of Melbourne’s outer suburbs, the woman, 44, left Victoria on June 1, four days after Victoria’s lockdown started.

It’s understood the woman broke lockdown to visit her family in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast.

It was there she tested positive on June 8 after joining relatives, but had been experiencing symptoms since as early as June 3.
https://www.news.com.au/national/que...b9b55d9263d163

Last edited by FairmontGS; 10-06-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #11369
leesa

So selfish, the both of them. I hope there are considerable consequences for their actions.

3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #11370
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
So selfish, the both of them. I hope there are considerable consequences for their actions.
A nice and simple honest answer, and the truth!
Selfish, self centred and dumb!

Cheers Billy.
Closed Thread