Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-01-2007, 04:22 AM   #61
EL_Fairmont

Quote:
so we don't like members of the public calling us that.
Providing they do it with respect, shouldn't they be allowed to call you what they want ? (within boundaries of course) afterall, the public is the reason the officer has a job.

I promote RESPECT, POLITENESS AND COURTESY from BOTH sides. If a person gets pulled over and they treat the officer with respect, then I would expect the officer to treat them with respect as well. What I see time and time again is members of the police belittling people, talking to them as if they're retarded and intimidating them <- this **** ain't on in anyone's book.

Quote:
Which brings me to pet peeves. Every copper (that I know) has a pet peeve offence.
Mate, I agree BUT If you catch a good copper on a bad day, odds are you're going to cop it no matter what.

Is it true there are quota's you have to meet ?
EL_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #62
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Fairmont
Providing they do it with respect, shouldn't they be allowed to call you what they want ? (within boundaries of course) afterall, the public is the reason the officer has a job.
True, but the old school coppers just have a thing about brother.

Quote:

Mate, I agree BUT If you catch a good copper on a bad day, odds are you're going to cop it no matter what.
Again true, we all no matter who we are or what job we do have bad days, it's human nature.

Quote:
Is it true there are quota's you have to meet ?
I was waiting for this question, the answer is no. We have what is called tasks (could be interpreted as the same). A tasking sheet is produced around every month with a list of "hot spots" to constantly check during the shift if it is quiet. For example local shopping strips for theives, or maybe (and I'm looking at my tasking sheet now) Cigarette butts being dropped out of car windows due to Fire danger.

Every brief or ticket that we issue goes towards the stats that are given to the media and there are some coppers who like to have the most stats in the station, so they can be looked at as workers or the coppers that don't have any discretion and just book you.

I look at it this way. Yesterday while I worked for example I sat in a sopt for about 15mins to half an hour, with the laser and was also looking for unreg, phones..etc... Didn't get one offence. I figure that I have done my job as me being there stopped anyone committing ay offences. Everyone was doing the right thing, so I'm not going to hassle them for that.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 07:35 AM   #63
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Welcome aboard SDKC and thanks for providing a view from the other side of the fence so to speak. Id encourage you to, if you feel comfortable, make yourself known in The Pub and Bar forums also as Im sure there are many other forum users who would welcome the input of a serving member into situations etc.
I'm just a bit iffy about being inundated with questions from the whole site. (I'm struggling to keep up here!) Tell them to come and experience the world of the E-series or send me a PM if they have a question.
Old 31-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #64
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

I agree with EFFalcon, you can just be our policeman.
By the way welcom to the forums, I sure you'll enjoy it here once you get to post about something other than work.
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #65
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums SDKC, thanks for coming on here and helping some of us out.
Steve
Old 31-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #66
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

So back in the day when I suggested bringing my copper mate to a cruise (yes he drove a ford) I was machine gunned down..

But now it's acceptable .. SWEET!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #67
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
OI!!! he's our cop.
don't pinch him! :P
That's right, Hands Off !!! :nutsycuck Seriously welcome SDKC. Good to have you on board.
Old 31-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #68
oneredED
need more boost

Well, to offset all the "whinge" posts about bad experiences, I have a good one

Late one night during a very long drive, a mate and I got pulled up in the middle of nowhere. The officer approached the window and asks the usual "where ya headed, why so late etc" questions. He then asked "why were you only doing 80km/h in a 100km/h zone?". I replied, "sorry, I'm just a bit tired, I wasn't comfortable doing 100km/h". He agreed that was sensible, and to take a nap if I need it.

He then shone the torch around the inside of the car and stopped on our half eaten pizza in it's box in the back. I asked "want a bit mate? You've gotta be hungry by now!" since it was about 3am. He replied "Nah... Yeah I....Naaaahhh, better not, thanks though mate, would be good actually". He was pretty chilled out and seemed like a top bloke.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #69
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome, good to have your input on the forum

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #70
Sundeep
Banned

Mad a Copper in the E-series section, just as I was about to post some pics of my shiny new plates.

If you need any help with anything give us a yell. I got a grinder and a few different grinding discs, if you want to bring the ED down to "legal height".

I'm joking, I'm joking.

But seriously, not posting any pics of my plates now :(

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #71
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
Mad a Copper in the E-series section, just as I was about to post some pics of my shiny new plates.

If you need any help with anything give us a yell. I got a grinder and a few different grinding discs, if you want to bring the ED down to "legal height".

I'm joking, I'm joking.

Sundeep
dunno what you're talking about, i've heard you're an angel on the road
Old 31-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #72
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Quote:

I'm joking, I'm joking.

Sundeep
I dont imagine he is here to cause trouble, I think you would be quite safe to post it up mate.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #73
Maximus
ED XR6

I recently got pulled over for a random breath test and as it turned out i needed to accompany them back to the station. (Nothing serious, just a little mix up that needed clarification) The two officers that drove me back were absolute champs. I treated them in a really friendly manor and they were happy and courteous in return. They even went as far as to joke with me about my cramped position in the back seat. (As I am freakishly tall.)

I just wanted to share an encounter that I had with the police that I found to be very efficient and how I would expect it should be.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:40 AM   #74
eMpTy
Low, Loud & Black

G'day SDKC

Thought this might help you answer a few questions :

eMpTy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #75
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy
G'day SDKC

Thought this might help you answer a few questions :

See above.

and they are the most common questions that get asked. That's why it is so funny.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #76
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

SDKC, I pm'd u a while ago, can u responed :( :(, haha thanks
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #77
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Patience.

I only did 3 months at the TMU so, and I haven't done Vehicle Safety Testing School so more technical and especially mechanical questions have to get referred to the TMU.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #78
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
But seriously, not posting any pics of my plates now
Because I'm sure there's heaps of bright green EA's driving around with T3 TS wheels and no front bumper :P

Can I guess, are the plates MR DOSE ?

When I was on my P's, I could almost set my watch to when I'd be pulled over by the police, usually for a 'random' license check and breath test. There were plenty of times I could have been defected or fined, but after 5 minutes of talking to them respectfully, I'd be sent on my way with a suggestion that the next cop might not be so leanient.

I have another original question SDKC, have you ever been asked to transfer to Mt Thomas? That place is the crime capital of the world!

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #79
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8

I have another original question SDKC, have you ever been asked to transfer to Mt Thomas? That place is the crime capital of the world!
Only on Tuesday nights, the rest of the week is pretty quiet.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #80
LTDHO
The one and only

G'day SDKC, welcome to E-series. It would be great to see you on a cruise, catch up with us and chat.

Whilst I appreiciate your opinion on how the police prefer to be treated, I do disagree with some. With the nature of my work and my hobby I see different sides of the force and many sides to police members. Also I have become very good mates with an ex-officer who has certainly opened my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to slander the police force however, I rarely see reason to prase them either. Perhaps it goes un-noticed?
I apologise for my harshness, but I'm honest. (This isn't a go at you or the Police)

I can bet alot of us E-series guys will want a chat to clarify certain laws and help us become safer and law abiding motorists, because at the end of the day, the cars and the roads are our hobby and in some cases passion.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #81
Matt_971
Regular Bum

well i am not apart of the e series club but i do read the thread no n then. And know a few members. Anyways i just wanted to post some expirences i have had.

I bought a car from sydney recently and drove it back to my cousins for some work to it. Then back to my house. Now this trip was well over 1000kms and all unregistered. BEFORE i get flammed. I done all the driving on a Unregistered Permit. So all was legal as the 4 cops that pulled me over thought too.

Now reason i got pulled over was the car had no plates. i would be surprised if i didnt get pulled over.

First time was just out of sydney. He was sitting in middle of road with radar and i seen him move. i pulled over straight away and got out with the permit. Permit was not a Vic permit so had nothing about displaying on windscreen. Anyways he read it and said thats fine have you got ya license. And story has it i didnt have it on me. TRUTHFULLY I just had a new card on the way. And only had the paper slip saying i have one and my old license with a big chunk missing from rta cutting it up. I showed him and he said i'll jsut have to check it and all was ok. But i thanked him and had a quick chat on side of highway. Seemed a great bloke.

Next time i was pulled over was on a bridge with 2 cops doing RBT. I got tested and cop asked why i have no license plate. well duh lol. But they were going on about how i should have it on windsheild etc etc. I said where does it say that. In repectful way not smart ***. He couldnt find it and he read through it. All was ok. He said have a good trip.

And 3rd time was i had to detour of "direct route" to get fuel. Ran low n got a lil worried lol. i seen him eye me off from outter lane of opposite traffic and having to travel a few hundered mtrs to u turn. I pulled over sitting on back of car waiting. He read permit asked a quick question about the car and all was ok again. I have to say the last 2 times i wa pulled over could of been nicer but they were decent guys.

the first guy was great.

But otherwise i dont really (lol) have anything bad to say. Except being pulled over at 2am sunday night after dropping friend home and getting done for modifing the parcel shelf. reason was it changed structual part of car. he must of missed the 70 od ltr LPG tank bolted underneath it. My though was if that part of car was damaged and parcel shelf gave way i would be ********** anyways lol

Cheers guys and welcome to the forums. They r "mostly" a great bunch of ppl and VERY HELPFUL.

Cheers
Matt
Matt_971 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #82
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well all i can say is its about time

welcome aboard in the e-series fold

cant wait to meet you at one of our great cruises

its good to know that for the guys who dont have access to a police officer for help that they will have access to an officer that will if able to give them the responce they need

once again welcome to the e-series fold

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #83
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Bottom line is, if your car is sweet and legit and you drive according to the law then you should have no worries.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 PM   #84
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Bottom line is, if your car is sweet and legit and you drive according to the law then you should have no worries.
theoretically ;)
Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #85
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
theoretically ;)
Yeah your right, i should have mentioned that this only works in theory.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #86
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
I have a whinge though. What's wrong with being called mate? The very few people in my life who have made a comment like "I do not know you and we are not mates" immediately register themselves as a ****er in my world.
Yup. And let's get real here - part of effective community policing is an understanding and tolerance of not only cultural diversity, but social diversity, too. For your average ocker Aussie yob, who lives for the footy/cricket, his car and a smoke with his beer, "mate" is absolutely the best, most universal way to address someone. It's patently ridiculous to not take into account someone's social standing, or education level, or overall attitude when they call you "mate". To just conclude that because someone has called you "mate" that they are more deserving of copping a serve (or a ticket) from you is rubbish. We live in an egalitarian country. For many, mate is a totally appropriate form of address and, to be honest, doesn't even mean that they're trying to suggest you are great friends. So to put that spin on it is... well, wrong. I think it misses the point completely.
XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #87
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Your car an be 100% legal and still be defected. You can get done via a RBT and still get done. So there is no bottom line, at least not the one you stated.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #88
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Your car an be 100% legal and still be defected. You can get done via a RBT and still get done. So there is no bottom line, at least not the one you stated.
What's a RBT? in my language that is a Random Breath Test.

and if you are talking about a Random Breath Test, you can only get done if you have been drinking.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 AM   #89
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
What's a RBT? in my language that is a Random Breath Test.

and if you are talking about a Random Breath Test, you can only get done if you have been drinking.
we went past a boozer on bell st preston tonight, there was a camry in front of us swerving in and out of lanes, looked very much like a drunk driver, but the boozer was just packing up when we got there.. man those situations suck, just when you think someone is about to get what they deserve.. hopefully they didn't kill anyone.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #90
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
theoretically ;)

You missed the attitude bit, you personally get a fine in regards to what is usually your car. On special occasions the car gets a pretty sticker in yellow or green