Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #61
NEG
Diabolus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
Clarke - have a teary mate! with 3.9 diff gears first gear only goes to about 40, so i can go flat chat through first and second before i even get to 80k an hour. just because we give our cars curry doesnt mean its through school zones or heavy traffic!

also, as others have said, its much easier to merge with a few revs on board, its easier to place your car beside a space in the traffic.

what disgusts me is that everyone is so slow and pathetic at driving!!! if everyone paid attention to the lights and took off a little quicker, more people would get through, and there would be better traffic flow.

my car is my pride and joy mate, specifically because its a damn good car! never busted the gearbox, never blown a head gasket, never broken a diff or axle, and its specifically my pride and joy because it has done everything i have asked of it, and done it easily.

people that do up their cars and dont drive them the way they should give me the $h!ts - like show cars and the like - i can respect the awesome workmanship that goes into them, but WTF is the point of it? cars are supposed to be driven!

modified cars are supposed to be driven hard, taken to racetracks, lined up against others to see just who has brought the bigger stick...

people, drive your cars hard and be proud you do!!!
well said mate :voldar02:
NEG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:10 AM   #62
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
what disgusts me is that everyone is so slow and pathetic at driving!!! if everyone paid attention to the lights and took off a little quicker, more people would get through, and there would be better traffic flow.
That my friend is the damn truth.......

Slow drivers should be fined. They cause frustration which in turn can cause death.

how is merging on to a freeway 40km/h slower not dangerous?? can anyone tell me that?
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #63
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

What is dangerous is the bloody idiot in the stato in the right hand lane on his mobile doing 80 in a 110 zone next to a truck going up a hill so you can't overtake. And when you finally do he decides to sit on 115 with you, but only about a foot or so off your towbar like I had on the way to work this evening. Bloody hitchiker. :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #64
stiddy
Banned

A car is a machine, and a machine is meant to be worked!!

and these I6's certainly are tough machines..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #65
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Daimmit, I'm a softy.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #66
locknut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Got...wringing its neck!

I maintain it properly, head gasket was done 10,000 km ago (150,000 HG problem!) and I do oil, oil filter and air filter changes every 8000 though I am...
You change the air filter that often?!! Get a K&N! And just clean it. You in dusty areas?

all this reving, the good ole' Galant saw 6900 7000rpm at least twice a day. It has a 7500 rev limit.
locknut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #67
gozza

well you guys must think im a pussy
all i can say is ive thrashed my parents and my old car and done stupid things and paid my penalties...not saying thrashing leads to bad things but its possible lol

my eb got thrashed a little when i got the exhaust...for obvious reasons lol
but now i barely even hit the redline
probly plant it once a day and back off a bit after 4
change the oil every 5-10 thou k's
i drive it likes it gonna die any second...which is probly gonna hapenn regardless
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #68
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRace
You change the air filter that often?!! Get a K&N! And just clean it. You in dusty areas?

all this reving, the good ole' Galant saw 6900 7000rpm at least twice a day. It has a 7500 rev limit.
Yeah I change them that often and surprisingly enough, nope don't live in an overly dusty area. I blame all the crapheap diesels blowing soot that seem to infest Brisbane roads . Basically after about 8,000 the air filter is pretty crudded up, simply tapping it onto a piece of white paper yields a fairly sizeable quantity of black dust/soot.

Oh and BTW fellas, now my auto is playing up, its changing from first into second like a learner chick on her first day out in the driving school car :. I managed to make the engine a little less rough by pulling the plug leads off and reseating them (they weren't loose and they're not very old either) but still the car is ИИИИting me to tears. Someone please steal it and put a v8 in its place.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #69
GLI-PSI
Boosting

i hate people that ride on your *** and wont overtake you, get heavy on the stop pedal (with a set of dba's) and try and cause them a heart attack when they realise how fast they are coming up on your towbar, only way to make it sink in with some of them sadly.
GLI-PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #70
FalconHellMate
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Yeah I change them that often and surprisingly enough, nope don't live in an overly dusty area. I blame all the crapheap diesels blowing soot that seem to infest Brisbane roads . Basically after about 8,000 the air filter is pretty crudded up, simply tapping it onto a piece of white paper yields a fairly sizeable quantity of black dust/soot.

Oh and BTW fellas, now my auto is playing up, its changing from first into second like a learner chick on her first day out in the driving school car :. I managed to make the engine a little less rough by pulling the plug leads off and reseating them (they weren't loose and they're not very old either) but still the car is ИИИИting me to tears. Someone please steal it and put a v8 in its place.

Yeah I am in Brisbane and also have fallen victim to these second had crap box Diesel Imports... The Surfs seem to be the worst polluters....
I change the oil and filters on all my cars at 5000 klms without fail as Lubrication is the answer to 99% of a blokes problems..

I fitted a K&N Filter and clean it at the oil change intervals the muck that comes out has to be seen to be believed....
as for the trannie problem I would start with the transmission position switch on the passenger side of the transmission the last time I did one it cost me $85 and I did it on the driveway at home with a Bundy and Cola in one hand..

Probably wouldn't hurt to change the transmission oil and filter too while you are there check the age of your radiator, I have rerouted my Auto Cooler lines away from the radiator and into a big stand alone Oil Cooler, when the lines through the radiator corrode out they fill your transmission with coolant which the transmission wont like too much.... Learnt that the hard way..

I am now on my seventh EB/ED as I dont seem to be able to get comfortable in the newer models.... I just like the way they ride, handle and go....

My last ED Fairmont had 380,000 klms on the clock when I sold it and it is still going strong... The new owner has since towed his 16" Caravan to Cairns and back twice without missing a beat...

Lubrication is your friend lads ....

Cheers

Nico
FalconHellMate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #71
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Im a bit like you when it comes to these 4.0L engines, It always sounds like they are working hard but the truth is they love it.

As these engines are stroked to buggery you will find that they roar when revved because they are not as free flowing as say a commy 6.
Most people will agree that adding a good set of extractors and system aswell as intake mods will help the engine rev with less effort and wont sound as though you are wringing its neck.
This is the reason why Fords have always been better for towing etc. cos they make their power higher up in the range, all you got to do is open it up and let it breath easier and you should be right.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #72
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

ooooooh thread digging. wheres my shovel
Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #73
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

personally, I belive Rollins I6 has copped the most abuse of any 4.0L i know of. Firstly, it was bloody quick N/A, and the tacho swung into the red zone many times. Not forgetting the timber yard of timeslips that he has. Now with the turbo nicely nestled in the engine bay, it still cops a flogging, whilst pinging its tits off. Also, when replacing the big end bearings we noticed a small piece of piston #3 missing. Its still going hard to this very day!!!

and 5500rpm is soft. 6000rpm is what you need. especially when your into it, and you hit the limiter, and you think to yourself, is that it???