Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
XBv8mmm!

Default Re: XR8 pricing announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Great, that's what I'm hoping to trade. I'm expecting them to be brutal...
Was going to trade my BF2 XR6 (6 speed auto, less than 100,000 on the clock). But was told, several months ago, that they would only offer $5000 maybe $6000 for it.

Looked on caresales for what they were selling for, for an XR6 similar to mine, and picked a mid-point. I put it on for $10,500. It sold with in a week for $10,000.
That extra cash is going to come in handy, given that they actually want to sell the new XR8.

Try carsales see what happens. You never know.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Was going to trade my BF2 XR6 (6 speed auto, less than 100,000 on the clock). But was told, several months ago, that they would only offer $5000 maybe $6000 for it.

Looked on caresales for what they were selling for, for an XR6 similar to mine, and picked a mid-point. I put it on for $10,500. It sold with in a week for $10,000.
That extra cash is going to come in handy, given that they actually want to sell the new XR8.

Try carsales see what happens. You never know.
What in a town with 12,000 people? It was hard enough to sell my cars on the Gold Coast!

It's a great car, but it does have 198,000km on it now. Hmmm, if the trade is good enough, I'll have no choice but to offload that burden. Let's see what they'll do.

Thanks for the heads-up!
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends on the dealer. A family member traded their BAII Futura with 140,000km for 5 grand, if you're a good talker you can look after yourself...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
My car now is worth nothing..whats less than nothing ?????? Its a BF Mk2 Ghia...

When its worth nothing and you still owe ****loads on it.......
Old 03-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

For the first time in my life, I'm now wanting a new car, have paid the house off, but this could be worth taking out a mortgage for, I want Smoke in Auto. Cant find the Ford NZ pricing yet, will have to go talk to them.

Just on a side note, hoping that they have not priced them so good that they have a plan to sell out and shut up shop early.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be interesting to see how many of the "going to buy it" actually do end up buying the XR8?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
Sprint347
Tickford

I'm curious how existing GT/GS owners feel about the new spec/price?
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon a few SS-V Redline sales might have been poached with that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint347 View Post
I wouldn't blame them for thinking Ford just took a dump on them with this price on the XR8 if they only just bought a FPV :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #9
Sioso
irregular member

I sold my 335 GTP for $52K and then saw it up for sale a few weeks later for $60K.
May have bigger brakes and better seats but I would take the new XR8 with rspec rims and suspension over a 3yr old GTP any day.

I thought I sold it too cheap but now I'm thinking I got rid of it just in time.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Perfectly fine, these are not GT's they are XR8's. Most knew it was coming and could've waited if they just wanted the engine. For those that bought years ago, they've had the joy of Miami for years before the XR8 drivers.

Also the runout price of the vanilla GT's was 67k, bargain for a proper GT.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Perfectly fine, these are not GT's they are XR8's. Most knew it was coming and could've waited if they just wanted the engine. For those that bought years ago, they've had the joy of Miami for years before the XR8 drivers.

Also the runout price of the vanilla GT's was 67k, bargain for a proper GT.
Correct and very nicely worded.
For those that wanted the GT , I can't understand why anyone wouldn't be proud and chuffed at owning the runout model. If the addition of sync on the new XR8 is the deal breaker , then go for it.
If it was me in a purchasing position , I'd be hunting down a low Kay mk2 GT, XR8 might be a bargain for now , but for those that want a bit of history and a car that will probably be worth double what the XR8 is worth is 5 years time , you just can't go past the GT.

As it stands , I'm still not 100% sold on the looks of the FGX either, I'm sure I'll grow to like it in time but it ain't luv at first sight that's for sure.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #12
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
I have had my MKII GT-E for getting on towards three years now so I don't feel too bad, but if 'I' had bought a GT variant in the last 12 months I would be feeling pretty damn sick now I reckon. Of course it is not a GT and to some that is all that matters, but to me the badge is no big deal really at the end of the day, all the new stuff doesn't give me the fuzzies like the old stuff. But that's me, the badge is still the be all and end all for many. At that pricing I want a manual XR8 to park next to the GT-E !!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #13
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
When I opened the thread and saw the RRP my first thought was...'That's a steal'
Then I thought 'wonder how that price will sit with a particular section of the forum.

Been fairly quiet I thought...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #14
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
When I opened the thread and saw the RRP my first thought was...'That's a steal'
Then I thought 'wonder how that price will sit with a particular section of the forum.

What is it that you think needs to be said to "break the silence"? I don't think 60k is a surprise to anyone and it's exactly what an XR8 should be priced at.

Current Rides
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #15
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
What is it that you think needs to be said to "break the silence"? I don't think 60k is a surprise to anyone and it's exactly what an XR8 should be priced at.
C'mon, Ford announce the pricing on one of the most anticipated models over the last couple of years and for the most part its deafeningly quiet from any of the members who have recently displayed their pleasure at getting the holy grail.

With the rear end, luxury pack, all it needs is a tune and a set of good stickies and its game on for $60k.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #16
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

Thats cause we're too busy enjoying our GTF's to come online!

I havent lost any sleep over the XR8. Its great! I'm happy they built it. But its no GTF!

Heck, I might buy a XR8 to mod and will leave the GTF stock. Either way, I think its silly for people to compare the two. Very different cars and their appeal is very different.

GTF is the most powerful Falcon EVER! The XR8 is NOT!

But if you have to ask, you've already missed the point...
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post

GTF is the most powerful Falcon EVER! The XR8 is NOT!
I wouldnt get too far ahead of yourself, wait until this thing is tested before you make those claims. My idea of powerful is down the quarter and i think the XR8 will give the GTF a run for it's money.

What an awesome car, it's a real credit to ford, they have done this last XR8 justice. I wish the MRS could drive a manual and i would sell the FGXR6T in an instant for the XR8.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 AM   #18
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I paid $40k for a 3 year old GTE in April. I stretched to get it, so the XR8 would still be out of my price range. I am happy with what I got, and am happy for the lucky FGX XR8 owners - they are getting an awesome car; not a GT in name, but perhaps in spirit.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #19
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I paid $40k for a 3 year old GTE in April. I stretched to get it, so the XR8 would still be out of my price range. I am happy with what I got, and am happy for the lucky FGX XR8 owners - they are getting an awesome car; not a GT in name, but perhaps in spirit.
Well said, the thing that makes the FGX XR8 significant is the fact that it is Ford Australia's LAST tilt at building a high performance V8 4 door saloon, LAST, no more, nana, that's it, but some don't seem to get........................those interested in buying one are so because the FGX XR8 is definitely NOT a FPV GT, but at the same time steals a little bit of its DNA in a cheeky way and also at a cracker price

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
Well said, the thing that makes the FGX XR8 significant is the fact that it is Ford Australia's LAST tilt at building a high performance V8 4 door saloon, LAST, no more, nana, that's it, but some don't seem to get........................those interested in buying one are so because the FGX XR8 is definitely NOT a FPV GT, but at the same time steals a little bit of its DNA in a cheeky way and also at a cracker price

Cheers Mick
Not just Ford Australia, its the last V8 Ford sedan anywhere.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #21
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Not just Ford Australia, its the last V8 Ford sedan anywhere.
Spot on, I should have said that, the fact that the FGX XR8 is the last V8 Ford sedan is what will make it an historically important motor car!

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #22
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

can't afford it now as work just made me go from 9 days on 5 off to an 8 and 6 roster ....*******...i just got a 22K pay cut so no new xr8 or pony for me
I will be keeping my xr8 ute and waiting for someone to crash a few xr8 sedans and then put the motor and front brakes in mine ... it will be cheaper than selling mine haha or just buy Boss315 supercharger kit for the 5.4L
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #23
maylandsman
Banned

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Hi Trendsetters,

An update of sorts;

We are trying to secure a black manual from SA and swap the smoke manual over with that dealer. 50/50 chance.

Otherwise I am stuck with the automatic. There are only 4 manuals in Australia not accounted for. I am trying to get one of them. Apparently only 59 (manuals) have been made in total so far, either dispatched or ordered.

The allocation coming up is already full, in fact demand outstrips supply... Gero Ford has to ring two fellas that ordered the xr8 and tell them they missed out. They would have taken mine.

There will only be around 2-3 hundred in the final (March) allocation and you will get these in 2016. And that is it...the dealer says they are sticking to 1200 fg x xr8s and that is it.

So for me I can try the March order and in all probability will dip out...apparently (again) rural areas will be last to get an option of having one allocated. As I said above others are interested in my automatic but as the dealer points out (genuinely) I will most likely not get another one and if I did 2016 would be the pick up time. Aint nobody got time for that.

Considering how rare the manuals will be, I am spewing, but on the other hand I am glad I've got at all. For the price I did. Dealers I would say will gauge even deeper now. Time will tell.

Good luck getting one form here on in punters.
maylandsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylandsman View Post
Hi Trendsetters,

An update of sorts;

We are trying to secure a black manual from SA and swap the smoke manual over with that dealer. 50/50 chance.

Otherwise I am stuck with the automatic. There are only 4 manuals in Australia not accounted for. I am trying to get one of them. Apparently only 59 (manuals) have been made in total so far, either dispatched or ordered.

The allocation coming up is already full, in fact demand outstrips supply... Gero Ford has to ring two fellas that ordered the xr8 and tell them they missed out. They would have taken mine.

There will only be around 2-3 hundred in the final (March) allocation and you will get these in 2016. And that is it...the dealer says they are sticking to 1200 fg x xr8s and that is it.

So for me I can try the March order and in all probability will dip out...apparently (again) rural areas will be last to get an option of having one allocated. As I said above others are interested in my automatic but as the dealer points out (genuinely) I will most likely not get another one and if I did 2016 would be the pick up time. Aint nobody got time for that.

Considering how rare the manuals will be, I am spewing, but on the other hand I am glad I've got at all. For the price I did. Dealers I would say will gauge even deeper now. Time will tell.

Good luck getting one form here on in punters.
This information is incorrect.

The march allocation cars will not come next year, they will come this year.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #25
maylandsman
Banned

so the whole lot is wrong then? which allocation comes out in 2016 then? If you have better info please share...
Old 13-01-2015, 06:52 PM   #26
maylandsman
Banned

and smoke, just spoke to a forum member who ordered one in December. their delivery time is 5 - 7 months. I don't reckon my info was to far out at all. I ordered mine early December and will arrive feb 28...wait times seem to be increasing I guess.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #27
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that auto or manual?
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #28
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Is that auto or manual?
I'd say Manual, price sounds about right.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #29
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Less than the price of my BA XR8.

Some good buying if you want one.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #30
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not following the cryptic talk, just come out and say it.

Current Rides