Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: How are you planning to cope if / when fuel prices go ballistic ?
Don't worry, be happy !! Peak Oil is so far away I'm not concerned at all. 16 23.19%
Buy a small highly efficient car for weekday use, keep the performance car for the weekend 14 20.29%
My current / next vehicle will be an efficient allrounder 9 13.04%
Australia has heaps of Cheap LPG and the new liquid injection LPG Falcon is the perfect answer 21 30.43%
I'd rather walk, cycle, bus or crawl than own a hybrid or similar 9 13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #61
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Buy a Fiesta diesel, Toyota Hybrid or similar ?

In my opinion, the problem isn't that there's insufficient alternatives, the real problem is the lead time for major projects, such as shale and nuclear can be many, many, many years to get clearance for environmental, resource and all the other approval hurdles and then there's the process of getting all the machinery and infrastructure in place, meanwhile tick tock, tick tock, lots of middle east oil fields run dry in 2015-2016. If I could buy LPG for under 60 cents a litre the solution in the medium term for me would probably be a liquid injection LPG Falcon and therefore I'm not surprised this is the clear favourite in the poll.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #62
Rodge
Banned

Problem Solved !! There definitly should have been a sixth option. Peak Oil ppfffttt, no problem I'm going to buy one of these, the 2.2 diesel model uses only 1/3 rd of the fuel of a SC FPV on the urban cycle !!
http://www.caradvice.com.au/126438/2...uar-xf-review/
I'd like to change my vote to this option, it would be a real "hardship" owning one
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #63
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Bikes are dangerous when there are so many cars on the road.
Just sounded a bit derogatory is all, thinning the herd.

I've never been fined or in trouble with the law on two wheels, I pride myself on being sensible and untarnished record when on two.
But unfortunately to a degree, there are a lot of idiots on bikes out there, they make the rest of us look bad.
I guess no different to being called a hoon because you are a car enthusiast.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post