Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #61
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

They didnt mention whether colour matched bumpers were included in the update :P
Old 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #62
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

They'll still sell. They could go back to vinyl seats and Radial Tuned suspension, but they'll still sell , got me buggered how thou.............
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #63
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its Holden.. Holden = Australian.

I cant believe the amount of people who will buy them time and time again and never look at a Ford. I personally look at both when it comes time to upgrade. My neighbours a good example, buys a new HSV every 18 months, then complains when they bring out a new one coz its better, goes in and trades up dumping huge amounts of money and starts again.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #64
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
holden could re release the vc commodore complete with original power and handling and it would still sell.
Funny that .......I tend to agree,it seems that the name "commodore" has an attraction that transends common sense.
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Jeddak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #65
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Its Holden.. Holden = Australian.

I cant believe the amount of people who will buy them time and time again and never look at a Ford. I personally look at both when it comes time to upgrade. My neighbours a good example, buys a new HSV every 18 months, then complains when they bring out a new one coz its better, goes in and trades up dumping huge amounts of money and starts again.
Goes both ways. My parents bought a BF2 xr6 a couple of months ago. I asked if they looked at anything else. "err, no...."
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #66
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
i'd be very surprised if these were indicative of the upcoming changes, very very surprised. I'll have my hat near me, ready to eat, but look at a few things:

1) The VE has been criticised widely already for its lack of styling changes, these pictured changes are far too modest, i can barely tell the difference.

2) The chops are done by someone at yahoo.com? Or is this just someone in the public's work based on cars or official pictures he's seen?

3) following on from #2, the number plates aren't even lined up with the rest of the cars lines.

I'd be ridiculously surprised if the visual updates were not significantly more dramatic than those pictured

Hehe, well be prepared to be ridiculously surprised then. The illustrations were done by myself, and yes they're based off the real thing.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #67
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Is it even confirmed that its going to be called the VE2? They have recently just registered the E Series 3 trademarks so is that just a protection or what?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #68
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia Chaser
Is it even confirmed that its going to be called the VE2? They have recently just registered the E Series 3 trademarks so is that just a protection or what?
No-one would know until Holden announce it themselves. Everyone was calling the 'BA' as the 'AV' Falcon until Ford themselves dropped the 'BA' name through the media much to my surprise.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #69
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stylist
Hehe, well be prepared to be ridiculously surprised then. The illustrations were done by myself, and yes they're based off the real thing.
well straighten the number plate :P
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #70
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia Chaser
Wouldn't the fact that they're registering e series 3 etc basically set in stone that it'll be called a VE MK2, otherwise they'd call them the F series lol
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #71
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Wouldn't the fact that they're registering e series 3 etc basically set in stone that it'll be called a VE MK2, otherwise they'd call them the F series lol
And i wonder what we would claim the F stood for eh ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #72
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm not calling you a liar Stylist, but can we have some proof you designed these pictures?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #73
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
I'm not calling you a liar Stylist, but can we have some proof you designed these pictures?
I'll vouch for The Stylist, he's genuine.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #74
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
So basically with the bonnet line they're trying to turn the VE into a VZ. Way to move forward!
In my view VE's very conservative front-end treatment was a step back from VZ's.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #75
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

No problems.
Well, the proof then that these are accurate and the commodore isn't getting much at all exterior-wise.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #76
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
In my view VE's very conservative front-end treatment was a step back from VZ's.
Totally agree.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #77
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Stylist speaketh/draweth the truth. He is old school AFF, FF and BON too I believe?
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #78
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Great work on the cgi's Josh.

Hopefully FG's styling updates next year will be better received. I've got a feeling it should.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #79
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

A couple of things. From a blue blooded Ford fan.

1. I don't mind the VE. I think the SS is the pick of the range looks wise, and the wagon is spot on. The interior is 2nd class and the A pillars are a joke. Overall vision out of them is poor. I am qualified to judge as I've had 5 different ones as company cars over the last 4 years.

2. Were the BA and BF Different? We had 1 of each of them too. The BF2 was more so as the bumper changed - slightly and they were more quiet.

3. Sunroofs, I think you will find that there are now major liability issues with the fitment of sunroofs to vehicles fitted with side and curtain airbags. To the point where the VACC is recommending dealers who have arrange fitment have the cars returned to std. So the idea of buying an FG and cutting a hole in it will have soon evaporated.

My 2c
Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #80
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can someone tell me where the changes are??? 4 years latter & this is all the changes we get?? God Help Holden in the years to come!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #81
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
2. Were the BA and BF Different? We had 1 of each of them too. The BF2 was more so as the bumper changed - slightly and they were more quiet.
Yes they were different, they got a different lower portion of the front bar and different tail lights

the xr had the same deal, then the real change was as you said with the BF2.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #82
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Yes they were different, they got a different lower portion of the front bar and different tail lights
only a ford fan would notice the difference between the ba and bf. average non car people wouldn't know the difference.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #83
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
only a ford fan would notice the difference between the ba and bf. average non car people wouldn't know the difference.
aren't we predominantly ford fans here? i doubt anyone who doesn't give a rats about cars would be sitting here discussing minor variations in styling
Old 05-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #84
prydey
Rob

Quote:
aren't we predominantly ford fans here? i doubt anyone who doesn't give a rats about cars would be sitting here discussing minor variations in styling
there are many on here bagging the apparent lack of change, or significant change in the next commodore, and yet how is ba - bf any different?
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #85
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Driving in Sydney last night was following an E2 Senator Signature, damn nice car. Pity we don't have any premium luxury product with that sort of presence.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #86
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Driving in Sydney last night was following an E2 Senator Signature, damn nice car. Pity we don't have any premium luxury product with that sort of presence.
GTE is a much nicer car then a E2 Senator...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #87
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
there are many on here bagging the apparent lack of change, or significant change in the next commodore, and yet how is ba - bf any different?
shouldnt we be comparing BA1 to BA2 or BF1 to BF2 instead of BA to BF? after all were talking VE2 not a new model
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #88
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG
shouldnt we be comparing BA1 to BA2 or BF1 to BF2 instead of BA to BF? after all were talking VE2 not a new model
Not really as VE has already had the MY10 update which was equal to the BA MK 2 update VE Series 2 is more in line with what was done with BF
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #89
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
GTE is a much nicer car then a E2 Senator...
The only thing I don't like about it, is that the Bonnet bulge ruins that Refined sort of Luxury look.

Of course, anything would look nicer then an E2 Senator, those things are fugly.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #90
ltd
Force Fed Fords

In the picture of the rear of the car did anyone else notice the crease on the boot lip?
Are they going to stick one of those LED tail lights in there? The picture of the red SS has this covered up too with black tape.

Quote: