Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #61
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
yeah i might come over in the next few weeks and start looking around and doing some driving etc.

i am resigning today from my current job and am packing it hahah we've just lost 2 managers in the last 2 weeks, and im number 3 to go HAHA
well if u want to go cruising around some areas and down the highways let me know, i work nights so free to cruise round during the day.. but if your in a getz or something similar we have to setup some sort of minimum distance as i CANT be seen cruising near 1 of those :P
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #62
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
well if u want to go cruising around some areas and down the highways let me know, i work nights so free to cruise round during the day.. but if your in a getz or something similar we have to setup some sort of minimum distance as i CANT be seen cruising near 1 of those :P
even better, a mitsubishi blue/purpley 380 sx HAHAHAHAHA
Old 30-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #63
spooty

If you go to Rockingam try for Port Kennedy/ Secret Harbour... they are new, close to the beach and alot nicer than some of the central Rockingham places...we are down in Mandurah so pretty close to go cruisin
THINGS
OTHER STUFF
AND SOMETHING ELSE
spooty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #64
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Congratulations on the move - I lived for many years in Perth and loved it. Owned 2 homes in Gooseberry Hill and can say it would be my favourite City in Australia.

Stay close around Canning Vale and surrounding areas. You are single and young so would get tired of too much travel and being in suburbia. Stay where you can enjoy the night life of Perth. Super place and I envy you.

Regards
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:34 AM   #65
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn Henri.

It's going to be a big move .... but at your age .... I say it's going to be an experience/adventure. Hope it all goes well for you.

I'd love to check out Perth as well ... and from what I have heard about the traffic ... or lack thereof ... the heaviest traffic there is probably like a drive to the shops here.

Just drive the damn AU over there ... just make sure it is well serviced before you go ... and get a decent roadside assistance sorted out.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #66
HLC
Audi S3

so, i found out today that i will be based in perth from the 11/8/2010.

thats less than a month wtf so much organising to do!!!!

ive made up my mind and i want to live in Subiaco. being a trendy young male this seems like my kinda place :

im not worried about the drive. company car/fuel card will cover that. and keeps me close to town so i can ride my fixie around and drink over priced macchiato's.
Old 16-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #67
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

sounds great was just thinking last night if the move was still happening will have to get group of guys together and head out for a drive when finally settle in.

plus just in time for Powercruise and All Ford Day cruise in October

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #68
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
so, i found out today that i will be based in perth from the 11/8/2010.

thats less than a month wtf so much organising to do!!!!

ive made up my mind and i want to live in Subiaco. being a trendy young male this seems like my kinda place :

im not worried about the drive. company car/fuel card will cover that. and keeps me close to town so i can ride my fixie around and drink over priced macchiato's.
Freo would be even better than Subi for the metroshaxual type stuff you mention. Perth city is dead and buried come night time, tumbleweeds blow down the streets. The action is in Northbridge and Freo but yes Subi does have a few nice restuarants etc.

I have gone the other way and after living in Perth most of my life have now moved to banjo playing country victoria!
Old 28-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #69
HLC
Audi S3

Hey Perthy guys!

im looking at a couple of units in Lathlain and Vic Park.

are these places alright????

also, regoing a car over there??? how strict are the pits?? my car is pretty damn low and does have a few leaks here and there. am i gonna get pinged over there for that?
Old 28-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #70
Johnny C
Spinning Spanners

I haven't had to go over the pits for nigh on 10 years now. But I haven't had a problem with my ute since buying it new in 06. Lowered, 20's, 17psi boost etc etc etc. But with your leaks, park around the corner from the inspector, just give em a wipe down and spray with contact cleaner then head in with it =D thats what I used to do back in the day. Worked every time. haha
Rego is **** easy IMO, pay your 400 a year and thats that. No other hidden fee's or agendas.
I havn't ventured through Lathlain since I was last on the train but Vic Park is good. Friends of mine are building a house there as we speak.
You'll love it here if ya need a bit more of a laid back style man.
Old 28-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #71
HLC
Audi S3

Yeah I'm just nervous transferring from nsw to wa rego that's all. We have yearly inspection in nsw, but if you know someone, then it's usually pretty dodgy. So yeah!
Old 28-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #72
Biggav

no yearly inspections here as you would now know, usually a real good degrease at carlovers then straight to the pits is good enough if you need std height springs for a day or two im sure few guys over at perth falcons will donate to the cause.

laithlain and vic park are good areas close to city(short public transport with great options available).

Current Projects

Long Gone Projects
Old 28-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #73
HLC
Audi S3

excellent. thanks guys. gonna apply for rent at these places tonight and go from there. i am looking forward to it. nervous as all hell, but still excited! lookin forward to goin on some cruises over there too!!
Old 29-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #74
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggav
no yearly inspections here as you would now know, usually a real good degrease at carlovers then straight to the pits is good enough if you need std height springs for a day or two im sure few guys over at perth falcons will donate to the cause.

laithlain and vic park are good areas close to city(short public transport with great options available).
Ive been over the pits in Nsw, Qld, Vic and WA is the hardest to pass as they are government run and everything that was original equipment has to be present and work. I use to get my mom to take my 351 panelvan over and she would talk thier heads off
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #75
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
Ive been over the pits in Nsw, Qld, Vic and WA is the hardest to pass as they are government run and everything that was original equipment has to be present and work. I use to get my mom to take my 351 panelvan over and she would talk thier heads off
you are making me nervous now reckon she'd take my car over? :
Old 29-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #76
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
Gee mate I dunno about WA being hard to pass over the pits. I had no trouble when my second EL GT arrived from NSW. They found some exhaust leaks, I replaced the entire system, they as you say , made sure eveything worked on the car. The inspector then drove it, told me how much he enjoyed driving a GT, then off I went. The biggest thing is treat the inspectors with some respect, after all the harder time you give them, the harder time they will give you.
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #77
Biggav

^^^ Agreed respect and knowledge goes a long way

when came time to take my EA over for rego was idling rough(cam will do that) and the clear tail lights (no red reflectors) all they asked was check the left wheel as seemed like nuts were loose, which they were. they could see money had been spent and wasnt just a s**tter.

Current Projects

Long Gone Projects
Old 30-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #78
seduced_xr
BF XR6

if youve owned the car for over a year you wont need to see the pits, just transfer the rego over to WA Rego.

then as long as you pay rego you will never ever see the pits unless you get a defect
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 30-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #79
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Perth is fantastic. Doesn't matter where you live in the metro area you are only 15-20mins away from either the beach or the Swan River.

I can't wait to go back in summer to Cottesloe Beach. I can see me spending a lot of time there.

HLC, Subiaco is an expensive area to rent or buy in, your better off checking out Vic Park.

Best of luck with your move. It is slower than Melbourne or Sydney, but a great place to live all the same
Old 30-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #80
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Perth is fantastic. Doesn't matter where you live in the metro area you are only 15-20mins away from either the beach or the Swan River.

I can't wait to go back in summer to Cottesloe Beach. I can see me spending a lot of time there.

HLC, Subiaco is an expensive area to rent or buy in, your better off checking out Vic Park.

Best of luck with your move. It is slower than Melbourne or Sydney, but a great place to live all the same
Shouldn't you be working on the coupe ;-)
Old 30-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #81
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

If it is finished in time...Might drive it over Nothing better than a road trip!!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 AM   #82
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

hey mate, how did ya go? did ya make it over here yet??
Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #83
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Pretty sure he has left mate
Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #84
HLC
Audi S3

Hey all! Yes it's my 2nd night in Perth. Just been chillin in a hotel in burswood with my mum and cruising around in the company car haha!

My furniture should get here tomoz, and my AU is in Radelaide. So who knows when it will get here!

Looks like the good weather from Sydney has followed me too! Haha
Old 12-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #85
Biggav

good to see you made at least, rain haha this is the most we will get for rest of the year TBH.

Current Projects

Long Gone Projects
Old 13-08-2010, 01:11 AM   #86
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to Perth mate, i moved over hear from NSW 8yrs ago now and i love the place, im sure youl enjoy it...
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2010, 02:27 AM   #87
seduced_xr
BF XR6

lazybrennan just had his car shipped to perth, he sent it last tuesday and it turned up on the train this arvo apparently, im off to inspect it tomorrow.

shouldnt take that long.

hopefully we will be seeing you aswell for the perth falcons 4th anniversary cruise

Old 13-08-2010, 03:42 AM   #88
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

dont steal anything off it and claim thats how it got here james...

will be good to see more au's in the car scene over here :-)
Old 13-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #89
seduced_xr
BF XR6

haha... yer i went in to see it the other day and after getting told off for entering the lot i couldnt find the car anyway.. it wasnt till after the **** fight argument they told me it wasnt in yet.. its like i dont want to take it i just want to look at it

Old 13-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #90
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
lazybrennan just had his car shipped to perth, he sent it last tuesday and it turned up on the train this arvo apparently, im off to inspect it tomorrow.

shouldnt take that long.

hopefully we will be seeing you aswell for the perth falcons 4th anniversary cruise
What date is the cruise? Sounds like I needto lock it in!!

Furniture to turn up today. Hopefully. I'm livin in Lathlain too. FYI haha

Looks like good weather today. I'm going on a few deliveries with work so I should get to see some sights!!