Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #61
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Who says they won't?

theres nothing in the new hooning laws proposed regarding the crushing of repeated drink driver offenders cars.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #62
Ando_Leigh

Quote:
Who says they won't?
Well i haven’t heard of any one mentioning the selling of cars or the drink driving thing.

If they have I think it is a great idea. I would like to know the stats of Hooning v Drink driving Related Accidents
Old 15-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #63
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

drink driving kills how many times more than hooning drivers!! Crush their cars! What a joke. Do a little burnout that would do nothing more than a bit of noise and a black mark and you face the crusher!? Drive around drunk/drugged thats ok.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find driving driving is a sub set of "Hooning".

The Media/Govt label anyone who breaks the law in a car a "hoon"...

EG:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...90-661,00.html

Title says "hoons" 1 was speeding, 1 drink driving...

Old 15-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #65
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

EG:

so:-

speeding(even 5 kays over because as you know as soon as you go over 60 you die in a fiery blaze).
drink driving
burn outs
excessive noise
undue acceleration, without speeding (i have been pulled over for that!!)
etc etc etc...

can all be classed as "hooning" depending on the attitude of the officer at the time.......

like i said previously, i know they said that these laws will target forfeited cars, but who's going to remember that when the police lights are on?
Old 15-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #66
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

EG:

I think you are correct. As usual, legislation which was targetted at a distinct type of individual has been used as a lever to encompass the misdemeanors of the population as a whole. It would be nice to think we were a thoroughbred race, but we aren't, and as individuals we are prone to brain snaps, differences of opinion and poor judgement on the odd occassion.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #67
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
Yeah that video won't see the light of day again, that's purely for a performance standpoint, Only me and a select few are able to enjoy his "stationary torque assessment". as for that roundabout, it would have been nice to see some military police from the RAAF base turn up with dogs and automatic rifles since its in the area and shoot holes in them,
whats the difference between Pats "stationary torque assessment" ie doing a burnout in a suburban street, and some stooge in a vn smoking it up out in the middle of nowhere by edinburgh? Its ok because pat did it in an interceptor replica? lol i have a copy of that vid.. sure looks like 'hoon behaviour' to me..
And my original post was 95% sarcasm..

Other reasons for stockies on the back of commodores.. Lowered their cars a bit too much and their bling rims foul the guards? IRS chews out the tread on their 18's? stockies don't automatically = suicidal burnout maniac.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of places to partake in motorsport events in SA, hell they're everywhere! like Mallala, and.... and.... ummm
Not all of us want to race around a circuit. Or ride dirtbikes. Those of us that like to go fast in a straight line have to head for vic. Last two trips there for drag racing cost $1200-1500 each time.

I'm not condoning the behaviour of idiots, but before you continue your scratched-record rant of "there's plenty of places to go", come and live in SA and drive around in a heavily modified car, and look for an off-street 1/4 mile drag strip. I'll just whip up a time machine so you can go back a few years to where we are.
Old 15-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #68
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Aaah the great hoon red herring. Great way to distract all the sheep from more important and pressing issues, like a government's incompetence and inability to govern. Nothing gets the Alan Jones talkback set and Today Tonight watchers riled up more than those filthy murdercycle driving speedster racer criminals.

What a joke. It's political dickwaving. In fact, I liken it to being raped in prison (not that I would know what that is like, I'm just sayin', yo), it's done as a power trip more than anything else.

State sponsored theft and destruction of a person's private property surely has got to fall foul of the Constitution some way.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #69
cob115
COUPE WHORE

[QUOTE=montyv8]whats the difference between Pats "stationary torque assessment" ie doing a burnout in a suburban street, and some stooge in a vn smoking it up out in the middle of nowhere by edinburgh? Its ok because pat did it in an interceptor replica?

of corse it is : we have all done a few wheelies ,seen you pop a few out cruzin ,big deal ,road safty minister said on the wireless this morning the real aim of crushing cars is the guys in the skylines/wrx rice cookers who drag race at the drop of a hat,i dont think a 40year old coupe driver comes in to that catagory :

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #70
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
Crushing is just a waste of money in my opinion....

Confiscate and auction the bloody thing off, with the proceeds going to some worthy cause makes more sense to me....either way the fool still loses the car but this way someone benifits from it.....
Absolutely agree. Well said!
Old 15-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #71
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
theres nothing in the new hooning laws proposed regarding the crushing of repeated drink driver offenders cars.
That's probably because their licenses are terminated.
Old 15-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #72
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I think its about time WE as a united front stand up to these politicians and actually let them know that not everyone in their little "Hoon" basket (ie car enthusiast) is a 16 year old non-voter with no brains.

I happen to be on the electoral roll. I'm sure others here are as well.

I seriously think its time we create some sort of united force against all this BS that has been happening lately. All that seems to happen is young idiots kill themselves, the government try make the laws tougher, and everyone jumps onto the first car forum they hit that day for a whinge. Just think of the power that whinge could have if it was 5000 people (VOTING people!) letting the government know EXACTLY what they thought.

I'm not saying lets organise a way to turn the streets into our personal playgrounds, but crushing cars? Come on, surely there are better ways to deal with things.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #73
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
That's probably because their licenses are terminated.

does that mean they don't still go out and drive around unlicensed?
Old 15-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #74
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
does that mean they don't still go out and drive around unlicensed?
I know what you mean. You can't completely control another person's motives, not even if hit with the full force of the law.

The drink drivers are influenced by a drug... let's not forget.

The hoons are generally in full control of their behaviour at the time, but not in full control of their cars... which let's not forget is a lethal weapon.

I'm not condoning the drink driver's behaviour. In fact, I would support the confiscation of their cars, too!

I hate hoons... if you haven't already guessed.
Old 15-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #75
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Mmmm, driving driving....
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #76
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark351
Mmmm, driving driving....
LOL, eemmm that should read "drink driving"...

Old 15-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #77
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I think its about time WE as a united front stand up to these politicians and actually let them know that not everyone in their little "Hoon" basket (ie car enthusiast) is a 16 year old non-voter with no brains.

I seriously think its time we create some sort of united force against all this BS that has been happening lately. All that seems to happen is young idiots kill themselves, the government try make the laws tougher, and everyone jumps onto the first car forum they hit that day for a whinge. Just think of the power that whinge could have if it was 5000 people (VOTING people!) letting the government know EXACTLY what they thought.

I'm not saying lets organise a way to turn the streets into our personal playgrounds, but crushing cars? Come on, surely there are better ways to deal with things.
im with you riksta,lets get together n go beat the crap out of the gov

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 15-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #78
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Unfortunately 5000 voters is only a drop in the ocean for Mike Rann, now if he didnt come up with this stuff yesterday he would've had to answer some real serious questions why parolees are running around with guns killing people in Adelaide, But we all have to remember hoons are the biggest killer in SA.
Old 15-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #79
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

[QUOTE=hemank]agree with you mate all the way...that way the government makes more money..but i think what the police see in this, is that the offenders will repurchase their own cars....[/QUOTE]

True......but does it realy matter...???

If the fool buys his own car back why care....his money is as good as the next persons..... and the victims of crime dont care where the money comes from....

If the idiot is so inclined he will just go out and buy another car anyhow, regardless of whether the original car is crushed or not....

Selling the car will benifit and take some of the heat of the taxpayer who invariably is left to pick up the tab on crime....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #80
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whether the car is crushed or not we still have the physical "hoon".
Old 15-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #81
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
whether the car is crushed or not we still have the physical "hoon".
Didn't you read the article? they're left in the car.....

Old 15-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #82
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Didn't you read the article? they're left in the car.....

lo. ah fair enough then, i can live with that. :
Old 15-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #83
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakis
Secondly, im not really against crushing cars... but they have to redefine what they class a hoon. twice in my nearly 3 years on p's ive been labelled a hoon by police. First time was cause a cab reported me doing do nuts around the centre round about of cows at schoolies, when i honestly wasn't. Still didn't stop cops surrounding my car outside coles and searching me and my mates and my car for everything...
They labeled it hooning when all i was doing was going around the round about like in 'European Vacation' lol. Wasn't until a few witnesses said i didn't do anything law breaking and they didn't find any tire marks or heat in my tires did they quit...

Also been labeled a hoon for taking a corner too fast maybe a recommended of 40 and taking it at 50? Cop said, "You going for a hoon around that corner?"... Argued with my about my P plates not being visible and then kept saying i was a hoon for 20 minutes took photos of the car with p plates then left absolutely hammering his SSV . Both times they were 'unofficial' warnings, but now if they can class me a hoon for pathetic things and crush my car i will be ****ed and so will my parents lol.
As long as the various laws from state to state be structured to protect against circumstances like this, then they can go for their life.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #84
cob115
COUPE WHORE

star labor minister Tom Koutzentonis would qualify for the hoon to have a car crushed

Old 15-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #85
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
star labor minister Tom Koutzentonis would qualify for the hoon to have a car crushed
mr two can toe us, is nothing more than a sock puppet with mike albrans hand up his backside.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #86
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

totaly agree but the problem is 90% of aussies dont have the nuts to stand up for there rights,this never used to be the case but sadly nowdays it is.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #87
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_landau
totaly agree but the problem is 90% of aussies dont have the nuts to stand up for there rights,this never used to be the case but sadly nowdays it is.

The problem is, the politicians at the moment are getting carried away with the law making process without any opposition whatsoever, where does it stop?

So someone hoons and kills themselves at 2:30 in the morning. No cars to be on the road between 1am and 5am just to keep those early morning hours safe? Rubbish!

It was said earlier that 5000 voters is a drop in the ocean. No its not. And if we can exceed that amount, we really could have a say, and make these politicians wake up and take note. The problem is, they have their aides jump on the net here and there, they see a forum like this with a bunch of people having a whinge about the laws, but they know that nothing is being done and the odd letter they get in regards to it already has an automatic reply ready to send back.

Now imagine the minister or premier's office getting 5000 letters over the space of a couple of days all in regard to the same thing. They might actually listen. They might not as well, but at least they KNOW that we're not going to take it laying down as much as they might like us to.

I'm almost tempted to write up a letter template. To share with the forum. If everybody on this forum from SA who is over 18 and on the electoral roll was to change the name at the bottom, sign it and send it, we might be able to start making a difference. Who here from SA would be willing to help out and stand up for their rights by printing, signing and sending a letter to the premier & the minister's office, as well as maybe their own local member? All it would cost is a small amount of your time, a couple of envelopes to send, a few bits of paper to print the letters onto, and a stamp for each letter. If I can get the support behind me, I'll do a template to share with you all. Let's not take their crap anymore.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #88
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Quote:
The problem is, the politicians at the moment are getting carried away with the law making process without any opposition whatsoever, where does it stop?

So someone hoons and kills themselves at 2:30 in the morning. No cars to be on the road between 1am and 5am just to keep those early morning hours safe? Rubbish!

It was said earlier that 5000 voters is a drop in the ocean. No its not. And if we can exceed that amount, we really could have a say, and make these politicians wake up and take note. The problem is, they have their aides jump on the net here and there, they see a forum like this with a bunch of people having a whinge about the laws, but they know that nothing is being done and the odd letter they get in regards to it already has an automatic reply ready to send back.

Now imagine the minister or premier's office getting 5000 letters over the space of a couple of days all in regard to the same thing. They might actually listen. They might not as well, but at least they KNOW that we're not going to take it laying down as much as they might like us to.

I'm almost tempted to write up a letter template. To share with the forum. If everybody on this forum from SA who is over 18 and on the electoral roll was to change the name at the bottom, sign it and send it, we might be able to start making a difference. Who here from SA would be willing to help out and stand up for their rights by printing, signing and sending a letter to the premier & the minister's office, as well as maybe their own local member? All it would cost is a small amount of your time, a couple of envelopes to send, a few bits of paper to print the letters onto, and a stamp for each letter. If I can get the support behind me, I'll do a template to share with you all. Let's not take their crap anymore.
I recently made a speech/ letter to the editor that covered the treatment of hoons in the media that could be of help to you, it was even proof read on here. Feel free to use bits and pieces if you please.

*edit* heres the link. I completed a few more versions of it before it was submited if you require them.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11250359
Old 15-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #89
loosey

Quote:
If there was a professional looking template made it could be used by unhappy enthusiasts on all forums, if people on here are on another car website (be it ford mods, ls1, nissan silvia etc) and they forward it you could easily get your numbers.
loosey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #90
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Finance companies are not going to be happy..
I can see the hoons not paying for a car they don't have..
If they have no other assets ??
Good luck..
If you ask me it's grandstanding / spin from local gov, what many have
said would happen if they let speed camera's do the discipline..
They have got what they said would happen !!!
There's no money in clamping cars or sending these guys to special driving school..
One that shows accidents etc.. Like the DUI courses..
Which seems to work...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post