Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #61
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Why do threads seem to always degenerate in bogan this bogan that? Similarly why do members continue to think it's clever to mash words like falcadore, commawhore, dunnydore, etc? It's all so juvenile and suggests a lack of education or low breeding.
Nothing wrong with the above expressions? Or is it I am just juvenile, with a lack of education and of low breeding ......

Sorry ..... Going off topic here though so please back on track!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #62
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
The Colour should have been standard IMO.
For that much money, you should have been able to choose any colour you wanted, not pay 20K extra. What a disgrace!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #63
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't particularly care if it holds its value or not, i've never seen modern performance vehicles as anything more than damn nice to drive right now, the current cars don't have the DNA and racing herritage to make them collectible like the old classics however this one "could" be special down the track.
In any event i doubt id want to have to hang onto one for 20-30 years just to find out.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
For that much money, you should have been able to choose any colour you wanted, not pay 20K extra. What a disgrace!

GK
That car started life as a silver one and needed to be un assembled and repainted, they can't do one off's on the production line, that's why it cost 20K more..

Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #65
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I love the engine, hate the car! If it were me I would just buy a GTS and get CSV to fit an LS7 + the associated mods they do for 35k and be done.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #66
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I love the engine, hate the car! If it were me I would just buy a GTS and get CSV to fit an LS7 + the associated mods they do for 35k and be done.
In the same way you could argue there's no point buying an F6 because all you need to do is buy an XR6T and work it...

But Its flawed logic....

Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #67
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
That car started life as a silver one and needed to be un assembled and repainted, they can't do one off's on the production line, that's why it cost 20K more..
Does that mean repainted somewhere other than on the assembly line? OR painted on the line, using a particular colour?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #68
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Does that mean repainted somewhere other than on the assembly line? OR painted on the line, using a particular colour?

GK
All done off site away from Holden....

Old 07-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #69
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
All done off site away from Holden....
Ok, I see how that would add extra cost. But not 20K.

Still, it'd be nice to have that kind of break to not be hassled with such costs!

But then again, those who have so much bread to spare and are happy to pay whatever for what they want, usually drive up the price for others. People will pay a lot to feel above others and join an exclusive club.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 07-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #70
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Ok, I see how that would add extra cost. But not 20K.

Still, it'd be nice to have that kind of break to not be hassled with such costs!

But then again, those who have so much bread to spare and are happy to pay whatever for what they want, usually drive up the price for others. People will pay a lot to feel above others and join an exclusive club.

GK
There is a hell of allot involved in stripping a completed car, then re assembling it not to mention a complete color change to factory standard....
All single use clips need replacing etc..

Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #71
CHEETR
EBfairmont with TE50motor

20k is probably spot on for a full bare metal respray considering the time and effort needed to full strip the car down.

although having perfect panels it wouldnt need labour to rub down and fix and high spots.
CHEETR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #72
WASP
Whipple Induced

Bag the W427 all you like. I'm still surprised and delighted that HSV would actually accommodate a one off version of an already limited edition model for a good customer, even if it did cost $20k+. I've never heard of FPV doing this but maybe they have..

Colville
Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #73
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
There is a hell of allot involved in stripping a completed car, then re assembling it not to mention a complete color change to factory standard....
All single use clips need replacing etc..
Again I grant that it would cost extra, and even a lot more than I would have previously thought, but I still don't think 20K worth.

LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 07-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #74
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
In the same way you could argue there's no point buying an F6 because all you need to do is buy an XR6T and work it...

But Its flawed logic....
Yeah but I'm just using that logic for this particular instance. Besides, I wasn't just reffering to BFYB. The reason I hate the W427 is because it looks horrible. I much prefer the look of a standard VE HSV's. They should have just put the LS7 in a GTS and changed the look of the GTS ever so slightly and called it a GTS-R and sold it for $120k max. But they got too greedy, and combined with that, sold it at the worst possible time, smack bang in the middle of a recession.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #75
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Yeah but I'm just using that logic for this particular instance. Besides, I wasn't just reffering to BFYB. The reason I hate the W427 is because it looks horrible. I much prefer the look of a standard VE HSV's. They should have just put the LS7 in a GTS and changed the look of the GTS ever so slightly and called it a GTS-R and sold it for $120k max. But they got too greedy, and combined with that, sold it at the worst possible time, smack bang in the middle of a recession.
How do you know they got greedy?? do you know the development and production costs?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #76
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Uncle tom really cleaned up on this one the person who ordered it would have paid a substantial deposit especially with the colour change then said ....sucked in I dont want it now : HSV gave him all his deposit back?......ha ha then they found another cashed up bogan to pay 32.5k more than RRP saying it was speshial....... please

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #77
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootster
guys i never said it was a pile of crap in any of my post...I honestly believe it isn't a bad car....Just over priced for what you pay for.....Lets throw in the new nissan for the same or less dollors.....kick it's **** on any track and1/4 track.
So guys don't make it personal...and for the tool yes i have done some stand up....

And would annihilate the W427 on the track.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #78
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Why do threads seem to always degenerate in bogan this bogan that? Similarly why do members continue to think it's clever to mash words like falcadore, commawhore, dunnydore, etc? It's all so juvenile and suggests a lack of education or low breeding.

Just in case members think bogan is a new word, ask someone old enough to remember the bogs of the sixties, with their flannel shirts, black DBs, black corduroys and jumper wrapped around the waist. Their weapons of choice were dragster bikes, falcons, valients and parisiennes. When the GTs came out it was manna from heaven for the bogs.
Strange you seem to not note monaro or torana in your egs
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #79
theboxmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootster
guys i never said it was a pile of crap in any of my post...I honestly believe it isn't a bad car....Just over priced for what you pay for.....Lets throw in the new nissan for the same or less dollors.....kick it's **** on any track and1/4 track.
So guys don't make it personal...and for the tool yes i have done some stand up....
I'm sorry but how can you compare a massive big company in Nissan spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a 2 Door GT3 Beating Supercar, to a massively oversized 4 door saloon from a tiny company in HSV to please the Australian Muscle car buyers?

Your nuts :
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Considering the W427 was a bit of a failure for HSV resulting is sales a fair bit lower than they expected, what sort of impact will that have on future values? Popularity was nowhere near where they would have wanted it to be.

Maybe a few potential buyers realized how ugly the thing is and didn't want it, which could also affect buyers in the future, who would rather buy something that looks better like a GTS.

HSV specials have never had much success in keeping their values, GTS 300 anyone?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #81
rootster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboxmike
I'm sorry but how can you compare a massive big company in Nissan spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a 2 Door GT3 Beating Supercar, to a massively oversized 4 door saloon from a tiny company in HSV to please the Australian Muscle car buyers?

Your nuts :
easy mate about the same price..so there is your comparison...
HSV pleased so many australian muscle car buyers : at $165k dont thinks so....
Mate public forum i haven't bagged anyone...only speaking my mind...why not pick on the mods a couple have sided with my side. : ..I have a point of view and the right to express it....Don't make it personal.... i think right or wrong alot of money for little car.......
PS Your nuts .... what about them .....have you met them :
rootster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #82
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I could think of better things to spend my dosh on (Cant stand the WD40) But i wouldnt complain if there were one in my driveway though.
Good on him though

Quote:
I don't particularly care if it holds its value or not, i've never seen modern performance vehicles as anything more than damn nice to drive right now, the current cars don't have the DNA and racing heritage to make them collectible like the old classics however this one "could" be special down the track.
In any event i doubt id want to have to hang onto one for 20-30 years just to find out.
Lets not go there again shall we

Last edited by DJM83; 07-07-2009 at 07:15 PM.
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #83
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

i don't have one; therefore it is crap = tall poppy syndrome.

Ford don't offer raw cubes like this and if they did, would the price tag distract someone with cash wanting/obtaining one ............. no

And if they did, people would drop at the altar of this car and worship it. Anyone wearing a blue oval badge would in an instant.
Having worked on and operated a blown LS7 i can say without any care of rebuttal, that the LS series engine is a great product.

A good thing is a good thing regardless of what badge is on the front.

The Price, yeah, argue that all you like. Me thinks in the early 70's people may have bitched about not being able to afford a GTHO.

..... really, I guess, just suck it up.....
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #84
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$200,000 is much these days anyway......anyone looked at the price of a house? Or a BMW M5? Seriously if this guy owned 2 M5's would there be any who-har about it? No. So whats the big deal?

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #85
barbarian
Banned

dude in SkylinesAustralia has one and a GTR in his garage

barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #86
Transfiguring R

Those 2 cars are not far from what I paid for a house recently, lol.
Transfiguring R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #87
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian

Sex :sm_drool:

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 07-07-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Quoting pics on same page
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #88
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian

Poor bugger. He needs a bigger garage!!! How could he get into either! :

Please. If anyone out there could help this poor man into a bigger shed, please donate whatever you can

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 07-07-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Quoting pics on same page
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #89
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
i don't have one; therefore it is crap = tall poppy syndrome.
Don't generalise ...... unless the 'I' just means you?

Just accept the fact that some people do not like this thing while some do ..... 100's of 1000's of people could afford it without blinking, how many were sold???

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #90
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Don't generalise ...... unless the 'I' just means you?

Just accept the fact that some people do not like this thing while some do ..... 100's of 1000's of people could afford it without blinking, how many were sold???
Sorry you've lost me on this, don't generalise
but 100's of 1000's of people could afford it without blinking?

yeah ok, to generalise alot of those people may have been raised on a staple diet of private schools, beachfront homes and Italian cars. It's not their taste. Let's do a socio-biology degree on the possible demographic that can afford such a vehicle; BMW, Merc, Porche, etc.... see where this is going?

So..... How does your generalisation about people with wealth discredit my generalisation of a $200K 7 Lt Locally made factory car that many people would like but simply will never be able to afford?
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post