Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #61
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"This is a new name on the Holden stand, but get used to it". Holden have used the name Cruze before when they tried to sell the ugly Suzuki Ignis. I dont get why they are using the name when they are trying to sell their all new fantastic Aussie small car?
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #62
robertjp

Paul Grover (sorry Gover) is really a puppet in disguise. His and for the majority Wheel's objectivity has long since gone the way of the Fairlane. If Holden do make the Cruze if GM haven't gone belly up will be said to be the greatest car made in Australia since the VE, VX, VY, VT etc....
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #63
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Hey Guys,

Just got back to Shepp from the Motorshow. I will sell a couple of ISUZU Utes out of today. But hey, did any of you guys notice the F6E Concept?? NICE!!! The Terry looks the same except for the little itty bitty bit of chrome under the headlights. I had a ball.

Cheerz,
Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #64
kocho
The Futuriser

Anyone know if an RACV member gets you a discount this year?

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #65
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Just got back, a bit dissapointing with no Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mercedes and Jaguar but I was pretty happy with the Ford stand, I almost forgot how much I loved the interior of the G6ET, and the new colour range looks good, especially that purple (Viper I think) reminds me of Phantom. and the new Fiesta and facelifted Focus look good in the flesh.

I didn't think much of the Holden Cruze, actually I thought it was pretty ordinary to be honest, looked like a newer Kia Rio, the Aussie Focus will destroy it.

I got a good laugh at the Kia stand, my old man decided to sit in one of their new cars (some boxey looking thing, that i wasn't too interested in) and every time he touched the brake pedal, the interior light turned off. Off the brakes again and the light goes back on. Brilliant Quality Control.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #66
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
I got a good laugh at the Kia stand, my old man decided to sit in one of their new cars (some boxey looking thing, that i wasn't too interested in) and every time he touched the brake pedal, the interior light turned off. Off the brakes again and the light goes back on. Brilliant Quality Control.
That would be the new Kia Soul... fully 'customisable'... most dealers just call them options!
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #67
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Anyone got a picture of said 'Viper' colour?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #68
kocho
The Futuriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho
Anyone know if an RACV member gets you a discount this year?
No it doesn't.

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #69
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Anyone got a picture of said 'Viper' colour?
Is this the new purple colour? Looks alot like Phantom, but a little brighter.

Highlights of the show for me we're the XW GT Replica in the Shannons Auction out the front, man it was nice & sorry to say it a late model Monaro with a custom body kit, looked real nice.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #70
Lachie

I went to the Melbourne Motor Show (3/03/09) for the first time (school excursion) and thought it was alright. The only downside was, I thought there would of been chicks walking around and stuff like they do at Bathurst. I wasn't really interested in any other brand of cars other than Ford/FPV. I sat in pretty much all the Ford/FPV cars, but the one I fell in love with was the FPV Super Pursuit ute. So niceeeee!!!!! Gotta get meself one of them one day!
Lachie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post