Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Has the Road Toll affected you?
No, luckily not yet. 124 71.68%
Yes, lost a loved one. 25 14.45%
Yes, ive lost 2-3 Loved ones. 15 8.67%
Yes, sadly ive lost more than 3 loved ones.. 9 5.20%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #61
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just read the previous posts a bit clearer, I have been involved in the transport industry for over 30 years, both as a driver (up to B-Double) and as a Heavy Vehicle Driver Trainer (mostly post-licence).

And sometimes I am embarrassed by what people admit to doing.

Truck drivers are the proffesionals on the road, all other users (excluding cabbies and bussies) are part time road users.

As a truck driver there is a huge expectation from the general public that truck drivers know what they are doing all the time, however there are far too many who bring the industry into disrepute, and the silly thing is that when they do the wrong thing the name of their company is in 1 metre high letters on the sides and back of the truck, I am sure most truck drivers don't think of this when they do stupid things.

Also they don't think of the rest of the professional truck drivers out there working their collectives ***** off and trying really hard to give the industry a good name, coz there are heaps who are bagging it, like Today Tonight and A Current Affair and a few dodgy drivers.

Have a good one!
Old 20-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #62
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
I'll give you guys a ladder so you can get over it, if i hadn't done what i did the out come would of been much worse, nice of you ppl to paint a picture without actually being there well done have it framed

Why hand us a ladder havent been given a shovel of late?

Honestly, you managed to paint the ultimate picture all by yourself!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #63
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Gotta love you guy's, i have one incident many years ago (which i don't regret for an instant) when the M4 was only dual lanes and I've tarnished the industry for life, no-one was hurt (killed like many a story here), in fact contrary to what you might think of me I'm no cowboy behind the wheel. I could be another Picasso in the making or even a Rembrandt, i could paint a few more if you want, like the times i had 3 different cars over the space of 2months come up the inside of me when i'm turning left all on the same corner or when some lame driver (could be anyone on this forum) thinks it's a great idea to pull in front of you at a set of lights and cuts your braking distance by 1/2, everyones a critic.
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #64
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
) thinks it's a great idea to pull in front of you at a set of lights and cuts your braking distance by 1/2, everyones a critic.
You have obviously read my little spiel above so I won't go into that again.

So my question to you is, "as a professional driver, whay are you braking so late that when someone pulls in front of you, you need to stand on the brakes?"

I would have thought that as a professional, you be very aware of what others are doing all around you, and that as a professional you would be paying keen attention to the traffic lights so that when they change it is not un-expected, and that as a professional concerned about fuel ecomony and repairs and maintenance that you would brake early to save fuel and wear and tear, and when you do brake early, because you are such a professional, you improve your timing and manage to get a few more green lights than normal.

Good proferssionals anticipate the lights to change, they back off early and gently apply the brakes to slow down, which in turn leaves plenty of space in front of the vehicle, so when thet person changes into your lane there is no big deal.

And don't tell me it doesn't work, or I wouldn't know what it is like to drive in a capital city, because it does work, I used to do it all the time and in Capital Cities in heavy traffic, you just need to be the professional you claim to be.
Old 21-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #65
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If a car pulling in front of you cuts your braking distance by half then you're only 30 od feet from the car in front of you anyway.... its kind of leaving it a bit late wouldn't you think...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
So my question to you is, "as a professional driver, whay are you braking so late that when someone pulls in front of you, you need to stand on the brakes?"

Good proferssionals anticipate the lights to change, they back off early and gently apply the brakes to slow down, which in turn leaves plenty of space in front of the vehicle, so when thet person changes into your lane there is no big deal.
Yep spot on.

Old 21-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #66
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

I like your selective comments,
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly

Last edited by Explorer_Me; 21-11-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #67
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

i can see this thread being closed very shortly
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #68
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I like your selective comments,
No comments on my posts?
Old 22-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #69
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
No comments on my posts?
I think 'Explode' is agreeing with you ........

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #70
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you are right, silence is agreement - LOL